2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You forget who the second bottom club is. In the great farce that is the MFC opus, GC will get a minimum of one priority pick, at the start of the draft. We will then proceed to draft the 2019 version of Jimmy Toumpas/Cale Morton/Jack Watts/Tom Scully/Jack Trengove at 3, while the rest of the top 5 of this years draft go on to become hall of gamers.
Oh yeah!! Go Dees!

Except the fact that in more recent times we actually know how to draft with early picks eg Oliver, Brayshaw and Petracca...

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Except the fact that in more recent times we actually know how to draft with early picks eg Oliver, Brayshaw and Petracca...
Wouldn't exactly be calling them raging successes yet and besides Trac an Brayshaw were 2 and 3 .. hardly takes a great recruiter

The write up on Lachie Ash just sounds perfect to what we need (unless Gold Coast don't get pick 1&2, so we can take Anderson).
Would also be happy with Young a good ball user or Serong who can play forward similar to Robbie Gray. All 3 suit our needs.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Solid reasoning, but on the other hand Sam Frost sounds like a deep-freezer and he goes alright.
Dunno about that.

I think if I was in the market for a decent deep-freezer then “Sam Frost” wouldn’t inspire me as a trustworthy brand name. In the same way if I was looking for a sound system I would look at amps called Bose, but might steer away from anything called Greg Loud-Noise. And I can see myself buying a Honda, but not so much a Craig Speed.

Dunno about that.

I think if I was in the market for a decent deep-freezer then “Sam Frost” wouldn’t inspire me as a trustworthy brand name. In the same way if I was looking for a sound system I would look at amps called Bose, but might steer away from anything called Greg Loud-Noise. And I can see myself buying a Honda, but not so much a Craig Speed.
A Sam Frost freezer would be the sort you find in the Aldi mystery aisle.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
A Sam Frost freezer would be the sort you find in the Aldi mystery aisle.
That's a bit unfair: with the savings you make from buying a Sam Frost freezer, you can easily afford the roughly 12 rolls of duct tape that you will need to hold it together over the years, and have change left over for a coffee, a danish, and some ham and cheese on that danish.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well huzzah. A top 3 pick to take to the draft or a nugget to trade with just one year after making a prelim. What a time to be alive.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Well huzzah. A top 3 pick to take to the draft or a nugget to trade with just one year after making a prelim. What a time to be alive.

I want Noah Anderson but we won't get him, mark my words of we dont get Rowell or Anderson we will end up with the worst top 10 in this draft.

I want Noah Anderson but we won't get him, mark my words of we dont get Rowell or Anderson we will end up with the worst top 10 in this draft.
Whoever we end up with will probably suck. If we’re lucky we’ll get at least one good year out of them before they go to s**t like Brayshaw or Tyson.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

We could have a crystal ball showing us gun players five years into the future and we'd still draft more dross than talent. Whatever passes for development and coaching here isn't working for 9 out of 10 players.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Completely unsubstantiated rumour on the other board that Ollie Wines wants to come back to Victoria. Any interest there? Maybe do a swap with Port Brayshaw for Wines? I'd take that, personally. We don't need more inside mid numbers as such, but a like for like trade might be an idea. Wines is clearly superior to Brayshaw, IMO. He was meant to come to us in the first place before dickhead Neeld took Toumpas.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Completely unsubstantiated rumour on the other board that Ollie Wines wants to come back to Victoria. Any interest there? Maybe do a swap with Port Brayshaw for Wines? I'd take that, personally. We don't need more inside mid numbers as such, but a like for like trade might be an idea. Wines is clearly superior to Brayshaw, IMO. He was meant to come to us in the first place before dickhead Neeld took Toumpas.
Wines is even more limited than Brayshaw though would make our midfield worse.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

I would swap brayshaw for wines, it wont happen though, no way he will leave Port.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just wanted to say I am glad that both Melbourne and the crows have been quite outspoken against a PP for Gold Coast - the integrity of live pick trading is compromised and there are other ways that the Suns can get assistance that does not penalise the rest of the comp. I am not happy that you guys somehow managed to finish worse than Carlton as we wanted the crows to get pick 1 or at least 2 but that said, if that is how it ends, then it should not be trashed by awarding a front ended PP

Back