2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

The same as every other rookie, in case of injury. 🙄

The other rookies aren't 30 odd and might still be on the list in a few years. If this was before 2019 season and we picked up Brown, it'd make sense to find a backup for our "Premiership Tilt" that very clearly eventuated. Given the slice of reality we've had, why not take a punt on an 18 year old?

The other rookies aren't 30 odd and might still be on the list in a few years. If this was before 2019 season and we picked up Brown, it'd make sense to find a backup for our "Premiership Tilt" that very clearly eventuated. Given the slice of reality we've had, why not take a punt on an 18 year old?

It's a rookie spot, calm down mate, how many rookies actually play an AFL game each season? <25% ?

Cannon is a fine offseason list melter/ Wannabe GM tho, credit where it's due, he's consistent. 👍

Fair call, boss. Need more people like you involved so we can charge up to 14th on the ladder. :rainbow:

It's a rookie spot, calm down mate, how many rookies actually play an AFL game each season? <25% ?

I can't calm down, I'm literally losing my s**t here over this here forum conversation we're having.

Mitch Brown isn't needed.

Fair call, boss. Need more people like you involved so we can charge up to 14th on the ladder. :rainbow:

I'm not stupid enough to think my opinion changes anything sadly. ☹️

The numbers are pretty irrelevant yeah. If you get what you want who cares what picks you used.
Getting what you want is fine and there doesn’t appear to be any way he was getting to our next pick but when you over draft a small forward he better also be what we need, anything less than him being good for a long time will be a massive fail but fingers crossed and we will know in 3 years or so

Getting what you want is fine and there doesn’t appear to be any way he was getting to our next pick but when you over draft a small forward he better also be what we need, anything less than him being good for a long time will be a massive fail but fingers crossed and we will know in 3 years or so

Could say that about a midfielder or defender or ruck aswell.
We were 3am grab the fat chick desperate for a small forward but trust me when I say Pickett is a special talent.

Would it be fair to say you accusing everyone of melting is you melting?

By melting you mean rarely takes an interest in this board anymore I assume?

Could say that about a midfielder or defender or ruck aswell.
We were 3am grab the fat chick desperate for a small forward but trust me when I say Pickett is a special talent.
Yep, my concern is where he plays and the fact we drafted for need that high but if he’s a match winner as you say it won’t matter what number he was drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have thought the idea of Brown is purely TMac cover. If TMac gets injured (a reasonable chance going off his last few years) Weid becomes our most senior body in the forward line, trying to keep the best defender away from a 20 year old Petty, and/or an 18 year old Jackson. For a rookie spot that would otherwise be more likely to end up a Declan Kielty than a James Harmes, I don't see much of an issue.

I'd have thought the idea of Brown is purely TMac cover. If TMac gets injured (a reasonable chance going off his last few years) Weid becomes our most senior body in the forward line, trying to keep the best defender away from a 20 year old Petty, and/or an 18 year old Jackson. For a rookie spot that would otherwise be more likely to end up a Declan Kielty than a James Harmes, I don't see much of an issue.
I don't have a huge issue with Brown, I don't particularly like it but whatever. But surely Weid has to stand up sometime.

I don't understand why we're not doing what they do in English football, and bringing 4-6 players in on 'trial' for the two list spots.

Call Ben Sokol, call Sam Murray, call Cody Hirst, call anybody who's willing to commit to an unpaid month busting their ass and proving why they deserve a spot.

I don't understand why we're not doing what they do in English football, and bringing 4-6 players in on 'trial' for the two list spots.

Call Ben Sokol, call Sam Murray, call Cody Hirst, call anybody who's willing to commit to an unpaid month busting their ass and proving why they deserve a spot.
I don't think the AFL let's you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back