2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought you'd still be coasting on your three from three drafting picks?
I'm the most humble guy on this board, in fact I'm so humble I should receive some sort of trophy.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but our picks next year are:

Hawthorn's second round
Our third
Freo's fourth round
Carlton's fourth round
Our fifth

A priority pick in the middle of the first round (#11) pushes all picks back one spot, plus there are all the academy bids happen too.

It's not a bad position to hold a bunch of later picks, as we can potentially move them to teams who need points. Might open the door for a move into the late first or second round.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but our picks next year are:

Hawthorn's second round
Our third
Freo's fourth round
Carlton's fourth round
Our fifth

A priority pick in the middle of the first round (#11) pushes all picks back one spot, plus there are all the academy bids happen too.

It's not a bad position to hold a bunch of later picks, as we can potentially move them to teams who need points. Might open the door for a move into the late first or second round.

There’s no doubt that we thought this through and executed on this exact plan.

Bring some kids in earlier (and together), and higher in the draft, and avoid the compromised draft next year.

Can definitely see us trying to move as high up the order as possible, by trading with teams that need points for all the academy picks next year, and we will probably use 1 or even 2 of our late picks on rookie upgrades.

Good chance we try to move up the order in the 2021 draft.

If Pickett can be at least a 6/10 (small forward) player and stays injury free in his first couple of years, then he gets regular games. The position is virtually his and this is where the value comes from.

He also has approx. 35 to 40 games under his belt going into year three. Can't argue with that and the extra draft points we arguably used won't mean jack s**t.

His value to us slightly exceeds his market value in the draft but I only care about us.

If Pickett can be at least a 6/10 (small forward) player and stays injury free in his first couple of years, then he gets regular games. The position is virtually his and this is where the value comes from.

He also has approx. 35 to 40 games under his belt going into year three. Can't argue with that and the extra draft points we arguably used won't mean jack s**t.

His value to us slightly exceeds his market value in the draft but I only care about us.

I dig this thinking if the drop off was dramatic between him and whoever else we could get at small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also people say footy is still as tough as the old days 😂😂

Commentators calling it a fair hit and blaming Biglands for not keeping his eyes around him

These days Pickett gets a decade, the internet melts with a bunch of piss ant w***ers typing thug and sniper as many times as they can and a whole week of tv shows talking about how bad it is for the kids.

* I miss footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back