2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have much preferred we took a chance on an 18 year old over a twice delisted 29 year old we hope doesn’t see the field, kid from Tassie would have been my uninformed pick, 2 time AA u18, bit of pace good kick and knows how to find it. Hurt his knee this year but was still considered a certainty to get drafted, another wasted opportunity in my opinion

We already have Weid, Petty and now Jackson developing as key forwards. Rather get Brown in for a year or two than invest in yet another key tall

I would agree if we had a draft like we have had in the last few years where our first pick isn't till the 40s, but this year we've taken three kids and can afford to take a veteran as backup for nothing.
Fair enough, agree to disagree on this one

So 17 other teams didnt pick up this bloke you didnt even bother naming but we missed out big time...
I was talking about Mitch O’Neill got picked up by WC but I would of preferred a shot at any kid over a 29 year old twice delisted D grader. I don’t remember saying we missed out big time though I take it you added that for effect

I was talking about Mitch O’Neill got picked up by WC but I would of preferred a shot at any kid over a 29 year old twice delisted D grader. I don’t remember saying we missed out big time though I take it you added that for effect

Surely he makes the grade if he's Dee-grade?

I'll show myself out.

Yeah we were really on the hunt for another short mid...

Brown will become very handy for the Dees works his butt off to create a target further up the ground and is a reliable shot for goal too I think Dee fans will like him.

He might be a nice kick for goal but he also ‘reliably’ averages just under a goal a game which is paltry for any forward at AFL level. He won’t be on his Pat Malone at Melbourne, though. Weid, Petracca, TMac all coming off absolute stinkers in 2019.

If we're actually any good next year, and something happens to several of our key talls (injury, concussion), i'd much prefer to have Brown on our list than an 18 year old.
that is a pretty valid point

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 in the rookie draft must have been rated so high
You’ve completely missed the point, doesn’t matter if it was O’Neill or some other kid the point is you can’t find the next James Harmes if your not looking, from memory there were 3 blokes in the AA this years off rookie lists, they are hard to find so you keep looking adding a bloke who averages 7 games a year and has been delisted twice is lazy and a wasted opportunity

You’ve completely missed the point, doesn’t matter if it was O’Neill or some other kid the point is you can’t find the next James Harmes if your not looking, from memory there were 3 blokes in the AA this years off rookie lists, they are hard to find so you keep looking adding a bloke who averages 7 games a year and has been delisted twice is lazy and a wasted opportunity
Or maybe just maybe the people who get ******* paid to do the job have gone you know what there isnt much out there, we need a forward for coverage with only TMac then all developing forwards. How great would another year be if TMac and Weid were under done/injured again. People banging on about Petty i dont see it bloke cant kick straight. Id rather take Brown over some hit and hope bullshit you are talking about. Brown would/is our second best forward as of now. Mr 25 in the rookie would be 15 deep in the midfield

Mate last year we had the following u/19 aged players come in:
Chandler
Sparrow
Jordan
Nietschke
Bedford
Dunkley

Of 44 players on a list during a season that's about 1/7th.

We also picked 2 blokes aged 22 in hore and Lockhart.

The season before we grabbed the following who are all u/21 still:
Petty
Spargo
Baker
Lever
Bradke

That's 10 players, plus the recent 3 at 18 in Jackson, rivers and Pickett- 14 of our current 43 listed players are under 21.

Do you want a ******* football team or a boy band?

Like I said would be a wasted opportunity in a year with limited picks, this year isn't the one to complain about picking up Browne. I've also been critical of the club recruiting too many journeymen but think in this case its completely fine.

I’d take Brown over an 18 year old key position player picked in the rookie draft. I said last year I wondered why Collingwood would pick and continue to hold the likes of Roughead Varcoe Mayne etc. Those guys were able to come in and play a role. Brown can do that.

Geelong look like they are the most in danger of tipping over the edge with 17 players over 27.

One can only hope lol.
I've been waiting for them to tip over the edge for 5 years, bastards never seem to do it.

Tho to be fair, they've also never been a premiership threat in those years either, despite their persistent claims that they are ... so there is at least some positives there.

I've been waiting for them to tip over the edge for 5 years, bastards never seem to do it.

Tho to be fair, they've also never been a premiership threat in those years either, despite their persistent claims that they are ... so there is at least some positives there.

I mean all of their stars are getting on. Their list profile is like us in 2007.

I expect they will smash us in round 2 by about 12 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back