Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You must have missed the one against Richmond when they were pressing us hard, Tracc busted through multiple defenders and snapped a goal on the run 35m out in the pocket. Clutch.
The first goal of the last to put us 36 points up after we'd kicked the last in the 3rd aswell..
Super clutch 🥱

You must have missed the one against Richmond when they were pressing us hard, Tracc busted through multiple defenders and snapped a goal on the run 35m out in the pocket. Clutch.

Was exactly like I said, in general play, less time to s**t himself.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
The first goal of the last to put us 36 points up after we'd kicked the last in the 3rd aswell..
Super clutch 🥱

The Tigers kicked the first of the last and were threatening to storm home. Tracc’s ripsnorter let the air right out of their tyres .... pffffhhhhhhhhh

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If you wanna see clutch, check out AnBs snap from 40 on the boundary
If that's Trac 50-50 he hits the belly and it lands 30m out in the corridor

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The Tigers kicked the first of the last and were threatening to storm home. Tracc’s ripsnorter let the air right out of their tyres .... pffffhhhhhhhhh

You just making s**t up now when you're lost?
First score of the quarter was Trac, we also kicked the last of third.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you wanna see clutch, check out AnBs snap from 40 on the boundary
If that's Trac 50-50 he hits the belly and it lands 30m out in the corridor

ANB’s was a fluke. Even a monkey will hit the dart board eventually.

I don't know how people don't see it, he's almost crying on the walk in during a set shot along with piss running down his leg. If it's a REALLY big moment Trac even sometimes visits brown town on his approach.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't know how people don't see it, he's almost crying on the walk in during a set shot along with piss running down his leg. If it's a REALLY big moment Trac even sometimes visits brown town on his approach.
Oliver's the same. Absolutely shits himself during a set shot. Both puff their chest out when they're winning but they're the anxiety riddled modern day generation who don't want the pressure.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's the difference in the all the time greats
The would you take the deciding penalty in a world Cup final? Most people double take because they don't want to be responsible for losing. The greats like a Shane Warne saw it as an opportunity to be a hero and that's why hes a legend.

Dustin Martin takes that pressure and lives it. Trac doesn't have that, you know he thinks about missing when he's lining up

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oliver's the same. Absolutely shits himself during a set shot. Both puff their chest out when they're winning but they're the anxiety riddled modern day generation who don't want the pressure.

Not even comparable with their finishing, Oliver is a horrific set shot with zero routine, Trac just drops the ball too high sometimes. Asked you for examples and you gave none that’s ok I don’t think he’s on the Dusty level of clutch and probably never will be but he absolutely doesn’t s**t himself in big moments (Mainly because we can’t say if he does or doesn’t as we haven’t played in enough big games).

I don't think it's fair to say Petracca can't handle clutch moments because the goals he's kicked this year haven't been kicked at clutch times. More worthwhile finding the clutch opportunities he's had and see if he's passed or failed those moments.

I do remember a couple of moments last year like the goal he kicked against Carlton when they had all the momentum and we looked no where as well as the match-winner against St.Kilda in Alice Springs.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think it's fair to say Petracca can't handle clutch moments because the goals he's kicked this year haven't been kicked at clutch times. More worthwhile finding the clutch opportunities he's had and see if he's passed or failed those moments.

I do remember a couple of moments last year like the goal he kicked against Carlton when they had all the momentum and we looked no where as well as the match-winner against St.Kilda in Alice Springs.

Kicked a really big goal against Freo in 2017 when we were coming back against them at the mcg.

Kicked a really big goal against Freo in 2017 when we were coming back against them at the mcg.
These two goals when were 27 points down right before half time against Collingwood in 2017 were all Petracca.

Sumich was interviewed on SEN today as he used to be Jacksons coach in the U18's. Loves him and went on about how great he thinks he'll become. Noted the issue with his clunking marks and said it is a bit of a habit of modern day footballers. He absolutely loves Rivers too. Worth a listen.

Funnily enough, he made no mention whatsoever whether Trac is a clutch player or goes to water under pressure.

Last edited:
Back