Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Didn’t Trac kick 26.4 in his second season. His goal kicking has clearly regressed, no excuses for it either since he nails field kicks for fun.

Trac suffers from stage fright. He should take a Ben Brown sized run up before each set shot, but actually run and kick as if it’s a field kick.

Trac suffers from stage fright. He should take a Ben Brown sized run up before each set shot, but actually run and kick as if it’s a field kick.

I've always said you're very observant mate. 👍

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I've always said you're very observant mate. 👍

I don’t know what he and Ben Simmons were doing in their formative years, but they both contracted the same disease.

When I was watching the 2018 season, I almost came to hate the guy. But I’ve come to really appreciate all the other things he brings to the game, and would definitely say I’m a fan. Pressure set kicks just ain’t it for him though.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don’t know what he and Ben Simmons were doing in their formative years, but they both contracted the same disease.

When I was watching the 2018 season, I almost came to hate the guy. But I’ve come to really appreciate all the other things he brings to the game, and would definitely say I’m a fan. Pressure set kicks just ain’t it for him though.
100%
Not the first person either to suggest blokes do that same method for kicking either to try and take the overthinking out of it.

It's all about the ball drop, from a field kick it rarely drops from right above your shoe, set shots people overthink it and then create this weird process which is nothing like their normal action

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
100%
Not the first person either to suggest blokes do that same method for kicking either to try and take the overthinking out of it.

It's all about the ball drop, from a field kick it rarely drops from right above your shoe, set shots people overthink it and then create this weird process which is nothing like their normal action

And if it’s from a spot that allows for it, at the end of his run up he should play on, run to the right and snap it. Seems like that’s his most reliable shot.

Also, I obviously have no idea about the technical aspects of kicking the ball. I may have to get my hands on a Sherrin and give it a go.

Last edited:

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
100%

We need some sort of Lab to further explore this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you wanna see clutch, check out AnBs snap from 40 on the boundary
If that's Trac 50-50 he hits the belly and it lands 30m out in the corridor
I love it when you get passionate and start defending yourself with hypotheticals 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol so by that logic every single player whos ever goaled when the game was close is clutch.

Jack Fitzpatrick was clutch AF
well yeah if there's not much time left and scores are tight any score is clutch

You reckon you would be calling Rivers a bust based on exposed form if he was taken at pick 3? Geez.

You would be looking at the rest of the draft and thinking it was a huge reach.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You reckon you would be calling Rivers a bust based on exposed form if he was taken at pick 3? Geez.
Those are your words, I would be thinking he's very solid but gee whiz there was some talent around for pick 3 that's better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back