Resource 2019 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill (Fremantle) traded to St Kilda, Acres (St Kilda) traded to Fremantle
Pittonet (Hawthorn) to Carlton
Phillips (Carlton) traded to Essendon

Essendon get Phillips, #61 and #72
Carlton get #57 and #70

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 5.00.16 pm.png

I will also note that Carlton have just traded 72, which we thought was St Kilda's. So that confirms that the fourth rounders did get muddled up at the end of last year. I've given St Kilda #76 (which we thought was Carlton's) as well, which should match what the AFL indicative order had.

Bruce (St Kilda) traded to Western Bulldogs
Keath (Adelaide) traded to Western Bulldogs
Cutler (Brisbane Lions) traded to Essendon
Jones (Sydney) traded to St Kilda
Butler (Richmond) traded to St Kilda
Jenkins (Adelaide) traded to Geelong
Aish (Collingwood) traded to Fremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Lore in the "Draft Order" tab the points for 57 and 58 are wrong. You have 57 = 170, and 58 = 158 when it should be 57 = 182, 58 = 170
Ha. That’ll be the dodgy way I’ve been adding compensation. I’ll sort it out in a bit.

Did you track the trades this year? How do we compare?

I've checked everything over now, I believe the spreadsheet is correct and it also matches with the indicative draft order published by the AFL:

For anyone doing phantom drafting and in need of a plain text draft order, here are the first five rounds (remember to do at least the first two rounds if you're planning to post a phantom draft):

Round 1
1. Gold Coast
2. Gold Coast
3. Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Greater Western Sydney
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne
9. Carlton
10. Fremantle
11. Hawthorn
12. Port Adelaide
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Geelong
15. Gold Coast
16. Brisbane Lions
17. Geelong
18. Port Adelaide
19. Richmond

Round 2
20. Gold Coast
21. Brisbane Lions
22. Fremantle
23. Adelaide
24. Geelong
25. Sydney
26. North Melbourne
27. North Melbourne
28. Adelaide
29. Port Adelaide
30. Hawthorn
31. Essendon
32. Sydney
33. Essendon
34. Brisbane Lions
35. Collingwood
36. Geelong
37. Adelaide
38. Richmond
39. Richmond
40. Greater Western Sydney

Round 3
41. Richmond
42. Hawthorn
43. Carlton
44. Sydney
45. Adelaide
46. West Coast
47. North Melbourne
48. Brisbane Lions
49. Adelaide
50. North Melbourne
51. St Kilda
52. Brisbane Lions
53. Western Bulldogs
54. Hawthorn
55. Brisbane Lions
56. Richmond
57. Carlton
58. Fremantle

Round 4
59. Greater Western Sydney
60. Greater Western Sydney
61. Essendon
62. Collingwood
63. Hawthorn
64. Essendon
65. Essendon
66. Port Adelaide
67. Port Adelaide
68. Port Adelaide
69. Fremantle
70. Carlton
71. Port Adelaide
72. Brisbane Lions
73. North Melbourne
74. Collingwood
75. Richmond
76. Sydney
77. Richmond

Round 5
78. Gold Coast
79. Fremantle
80. Greater Western Sydney
81. Sydney
82. St Kilda
83. Fremantle
84. North Melbourne
85. Carlton
86. Port Adelaide
87. Hawthorn
88. Essendon
89. Western Bulldogs
90. Gold Coast
91. West Coast
92. Hawthorn
93. Geelong
94. Greater Western Sydney
95. Richmond

As with previous editions from previous years, this spreadsheet is updated automatically. As of round 21 it will be completely automatic for the remainder of the home and away season (rather than updating at the end of the round).

I will also try to post a screenshot of it once the round is over. These are posted in the thread for posterity and so that the most up to date information is accessible in case the spreadsheet breaks for any reason.

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

For ease of access I have also set up threadmarks on the round updates, and will do the same through the trade period as picks change hands. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

Hi Lore, did you have a nominal draft order for 2020 based on 2019 ladder and future picks traded posted somewhere? Or am I losing my mind? Thanks

Thanks for that. Are you going to sticky it?
I'm not sure. We're not supposed to have too many stickies so usually I have the current year one sticked and then swap the new one to the stickies once the current year's draft is done.

I don't think people really look at the stickies anyway, the seem to just scroll past them lol

Not sure where to post this.

Is their a list of players who have their rights owned by clubs? (Acadmies, zones, father sons, etc.)
I don't think there is a full and complete list anywhere.

There is a thread about the northern academies here:

You could extract the selected 22 from each of the games listed in there if you want a complete list of academy players at the northern clubs. I've added a list of the ones that got combine invites to that thread too if that helps.

NGA prospects discussion is here:

I've just pulled the list out of the link and edited it into the OP as well so it's easier to find rather than clicking links.

Father/son watch we have an ancient thread for but it's not particularly informative so I've made a new one here:

Pick swap - Port Adelaide and Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back