Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2005
Twolves, Burnley, Canberra Raiders
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Burnley
2009 pick 9 was traded.

Your team used 8 top 10 picks between 2001 and 2006. You aren't Geelong.

Did I say we were? They also had some decent father sons they got for pick 40ish but that's another story. Also, I am of the belief that what we did in 2001-06 is what needs to happen now although I'm not sure there would be much value on our list that is tradeable.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Depending on some other results, lose to GWS and it’s now welcome to Hawthorn pick 4!

GWS are a weird team as they can play the best football of any team in the league one week and the next week look very average.

Also imagine if draft in 2019 had pick 1 Sydney, Pick 2 North Melbourne, Pick 3 Adelaide and Pick 4 Hawthorn. That would not be far off the top 4 of about 3 or 4 years ago.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS are a weird team as they can play the best football of any team in the league one week and the next week look very average.

Hey now what's wrong with that? We beat them easily and beat Collingwood at the G, but will still lose to Sydney at the SCG.

Also imagine if draft in 2019 had pick 1 Sydney, Pick 2 North Melbourne, Pick 3 Adelaide and Pick 4 Hawthorn. That would not be far off the top 4 of about 3 or 4 years ago.

North and Hawthorn's recent recruiting suggests they think they are good. Adelaide brought in Gibbs in 2017 so didn't do much last year except lose McGovern and bring in two first round kids. What chance these clubs trade among each other so someone ends up with two cracks at the top 5?

Round 8, 2019
shouldn't the Adelaide and Carlton first picks be bolded?
You're right, there's actually quite a lot of picks that were traded during the draft last year that weren't bolded. Back end spreadsheet that checked for trades was only looking at picks traded during the actual trade period. Funny that no one picked it up until now :think: Fixed. Thanks :)

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.47.17 pm.png

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You're right, there's actually quite a lot of picks that were traded during the draft last year that weren't bolded. Back end spreadsheet that checked for trades was only looking at picks traded during the actual trade period. Funny that no one picked it up until now :think: Fixed. Thanks :)

View attachment 673879
The West coast Sydney one was annoying me every week. I just like this thread too much I didn't even want to say it!

The West coast Sydney one was annoying me every week. I just like this thread too much I didn't even want to say it!
Haha well feedback is always welcome, we work together to make sure it's as accurate as possible :)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
do you know what impact a team going into draft deficit would have on their picks the following year?
Points come off of draft round the player was bid on.

So if a kid is bid in the first round, and the club doesn’t have enough points when adding all their picks together, what ever the deficit is comes off next years first round pick. It might move the pick back one or more spots if the deficit is large enough.

If the bid comes in the second round, the deficit comes off of next years second round pick.

And so forth.

Round 9, 2019
Round 10, 2019
Round 11, 2019
Back