2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

I want Noah Anderson but we won't get him, mark my words of we dont get Rowell or Anderson we will end up with the worst top 10 in this draft.
We had better get Anderson or there will be a tsunami of disgust crashing through the club’s membership.

We have put up with a lot, more than any footy club’s supporters should reasonably ever have to endure.

There is only one positive out of this season for us, and that is pick two. It is exactly the pick we need for exactly the player we need.

If some smart arse at the club thinks he is ‘clever’ enough to do better than Anderson by trading down, or any tosser at the AFL thinks he can cover his arse by giving Gold Coast their twentieth first round pick in nine years, they can take my membership and shove it up their f**king arses.

Would love to get someone like Hugh McLuggage in the draft. Kid is in his third season and is a massive part of the reason the Lions are on top of the ladder. Arguably their most damaging midfielder in a few of their wins.

I'd say they are comparable in terms of talent, except Wines can actually kick a goal, and Wines has more mongrel in his little finger than Brayshaw has in his whole body. I'd trade him for Brayshaw on attitude alone.

Interesting

Brayshaw averages 0.47 goals a game in his career
Wines the superior 0.45 .. hmmm

Brayshaw about 40% contested touches
Wines closer to 50%

So we would have a slightly worse goal kicking more inside midfielder for a bloke we have been playing on the wing...

Would be a complete waste of a trade

We had better get Anderson or there will be a tsunami of disgust crashing through the club’s membership.

We have put up with a lot, more than any footy club’s supporters should reasonably ever have to endure.

There is only one positive out of this season for us, and that is pick two. It is exactly the pick we need for exactly the player we need.

If some smart arse at the club thinks he is ‘clever’ enough to do better than Anderson by trading down, or any tosser at the AFL thinks he can cover his arse by giving Gold Coast their twentieth first round pick in nine years, they can take my membership and shove it up their f**king arses.
Be a bit rich for us to sook about priority selections seeing as we were gifted Trengove and then Brayshaw after that. Sucks to suck for us we wasted them on both occasions

Be a bit rich for us to sook about priority selections seeing as we were gifted Trengove and then Brayshaw after that. Sucks to suck for us we wasted them on both occasions

Club should just stfu on this. Kinda embarrassing Goodwin waffled on about it after we've received a bunch in recent history (And have asked for more).

Club should just stfu on this. Kinda embarrassing Goodwin waffled on about it after we've received a bunch in recent history (And have asked for more).
I just don't understand people. Every year they work themselves up into a fever about the top 5 selections and every year the best player is never the number 1 pick. Pick 3 could very bloody easily end up the best in the draft if we develop well

I just don't understand people. Every year they work themselves up into a fever about the top 5 selections and every year the best player is never the number 1 pick. Pick 3 could very bloody easily end up the best in the draft if we develop well

I don't care about it at all agree picks are overrated when you look at draft history but didn't like our peanut coach piping up with his $0.02 about another club.

:tearsofjoy:

Interesting

Brayshaw averages 0.47 goals a game in his career
Wines the superior 0.45 .. hmmm

Brayshaw about 40% contested touches
Wines closer to 50%

So we would have a slightly worse goal kicking more inside midfielder for a bloke we have been playing on the wing...

Would be a complete waste of a trade
Averages don't tell the full story. How many Port games have you watched? Wines has played some dominant games where he was the decisive factor in them winning - and that includes kicking some clutch goals. Brayshaw doesn't impose himself on games in big moments. He's a solid accumulator, but nothing special. He won't win us a big game. I don't recall Brayshaw kicking anything other than junktime goals.

But hey, if you don't want another inside bull, I can dig that - let's trade Brayshaw for some outside speed. I just get the feeling Gus is going to flatline on our list, so we should trade him now for something we can use.

Averages don't tell the full story. How many Port games have you watched? Wines has played some dominant games where he was the decisive factor in them winning - and that includes kicking some clutch goals. Brayshaw doesn't impose himself on games in big moments. He's a solid accumulator, but nothing special. He won't win us a big game. I don't recall Brayshaw kicking anything other than junktime goals.

But hey, if you don't want another inside bull, I can dig that - let's trade Brayshaw for some outside speed. I just get the feeling Gus is going to flatline on our list, so we should trade him now for something we can use.
Wines was also there main inside mid and played at the feet of the ruck exclusively. We have Oliver and Viney who already do that why would we want a 3rd bloke who is useless as soon as the ball leaves the bubble

I'm fine with trading Brayshaw if we can get a winger. Trading for an inside mid would be pissing in the wind

Wines was also there main inside mid and played at the feet of the ruck exclusively. We have Oliver and Viney who already do that why would we want a 3rd bloke who is useless as soon as the ball leaves the bubble
Ok, I'm fairly certain now that you haven't seen too many Port games. Wines is a LOT better than Viney at everything. He bursts out of packs better than anyone we have. Not sure why you have such a low opinion of him. I'll make a prediction: if by some strange turn of events he ended up at our club, you'll be changing your tune on him within 6 months.

Ok, I'm fairly certain now that you haven't seen too many Port games. Wines is a LOT better than Viney at everything. He bursts out of packs better than anyone we have. Not sure why you have such a low opinion of him. I'll make a prediction: if by some strange turn of events he ended up at our club, you'll be changing your tune on him within 6 months.
I never once said he's a bad player he's a very good player. So is Ben Cunnington and Tom Mitchell but they don't help our midfield balance one iota. Wines just pushes Viney to the wing which he sucks at and we wasted a valuable trade asset on the only position we don't need to improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trengove was the right pick. His foot falling apart wasn't a drafting issue.

Still wouldn't have been better than Martin.

In Bizarro world, Dustin Martin at Melbourne would have gone completely off the rails and perhaps Jack Trengove at Richmond doesn't injure or have his foot mistreated and goes on to lead them to Premiership glory and chalk up a Brownlow along the way. Scully was a waif and the one we should have let slide to Richmond at the time.

In Bizarro world, Dustin Martin at Melbourne would have gone completely off the rails and perhaps Jack Trengove at Richmond doesn't injure or have his foot mistreated and goes on to lead them to Premiership glory and chalk up a Brownlow along the way. Scully was a waif and the one we should have let slide to Richmond at the time.
Wasn't the point I was making skip, I was saying we had our priority picks and it didn't rocket us up the ladder. If GC get one there's no guarantee at all they don't gift us the best player

You campaigner

Wasn't the point I was making skip, I was saying we had our priority picks and it didn't rocket us up the ladder. If GC get one there's no guarantee at all they don't gift us the best player

You campaigner

Don't care, Buckaroo. I'm sure we could've drafted Fyfe, Martin, the Bont, De Goey, Grundy, Lynch, Andrews, etc etc and somehow still managed to finish bottom four for the last five years.

You crumpet

Don't care, Buckaroo. I'm sure we could've drafted Fyfe, Martin, the Bont, De Goey, Grundy, Lynch, Andrews, etc etc and somehow still managed to finish bottom four for the last five years.

You crumpet
If we had drafted that lot and still finished bottom 4 we deserved to be kicked out of the league .

If we had drafted that lot and still finished bottom 4 we deserved to be kicked out of the league .
What if we drafted better players than that lot but all were crippled by injury/poor coaching anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back