Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Regarding the GCS priority pick, "They have a compelling case this year." Gil's own words today. Also said it's a matter for the commission but don't get too cosy watching Anderson's highlights vid just yet. We ain't getting pick 2.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Regarding the GCS priority pick, "They have a compelling case this year." Gil's own words today. Also said it's a matter for the commission but don't get too cosy watching Anderson's highlights vid just yet. We ain't getting pick 2.
Yeah but an extra picks in the 50s is a priority pick. I'll wait an see before I melt about them getting 2

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I liked Buckenara's idea of letting them have 4-5 players above the age of 30 outside the cap for a couple of years.

EG Lewis, Jack, McVeigh etc
There are better things they can do for them to get a quicker result for the team, giving them another 18 year old isnt one but i like the idea that you have just posted, this helps them to get some leadership in to teach the kids how to train and gives them the oplortunity to actually develop their kids in the state league rather than throwing them straight in the deep end.

Dory_77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I liked Buckenara's idea of letting them have 4-5 players above the age of 30 outside the cap for a couple of years.

EG Lewis, Jack, McVeigh etc
Understand the rationale, but it's not much use if they're out for half a season because of niggly injuries. Jack and McVeigh have both missed big chunks of the past couple of years through injury and Lewis is starting to get similar problems.
Also just gave me a horror flashback to Neeld's recruitment of Byrnes, Rodan, Dawes etc. for 'experience'. There's more quality in those you mention but when the end comes blokes can drop off rapidly.

Top Bottom