2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Shannon Byrne's was our last genuine Free Agency pick.

You're not including our swoop on delisted free agent Ben Newton as a coup? Seems Daniel Cross was another delisted free agent, as was Aidan Riley who I had forgotten had played for us. Byrnes is our only actual free agent (unrestricted), but also LeverPuller 's favourite former Cat was another delisted effort.

So fair to say we've not had a lot of luck with incoming free agents.

My clear preference would be to take pick 2 to the draft and get best available, that’s the only way for this club right now to get full value out of it. Taking it to the trade table looks like a concession just waiting to happen.

Agree.

If we get bumped to pick 3 and we don't rate the talent the same way, different story, but we've got to get two first rounders out of it - with one at minimum being a top 10 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also this sooking about only being 2 good players is nonsense. Here is the top 10 picks of 6 drafts recently and then 3 consecutive picks between 8-11 in the same year

(Note I didn't even research this, just picked a random number to start drafting at, I could very easily have picked the 3 best players outside the top 5 each year and made this a much easier win)

Swallow, Bennell,Day

Heppell, Prestia, Gorringe

Patton Coniglio Tyson

Tomlinson, Sumner, Greene

Whitfield, O'Rourke, Plowman

Mayes, Vlastuin, Daniher

Boyd, Kelly, Billings

Salem, Freeman, Sheed

McCartin, Petracca, Brayshaw

Wright, Moore, Cockatoo

Weitering, Schache, Mills

Mckay, Milera, Curnow

In my opinion in 5 of the 6 years ( happy to concede the Brayshaw Petracca year so 4) the 3 picks taken if the draft started at 8 or 9 are better than picks 1-2-3

Such a ridiculous over reaction to draft picks every year.
Yeah but half of these draft picks were SOS, clearly his strike rate is below average.

Sorry for the intrusion. Does Jade Rawlings still work for you guys? He was at the TSL elimination final today so not sure if that means you've got interest in one of the Devils players who was playing (Dakin, Gadomski, or Burrows-Cheng) or if he was just back in Tassie on holiday, maybe both. Anyway thought that titbit might be useful.

Sorry for the intrusion. Does Jade Rawlings still work for you guys? He was at the TSL elimination final today so not sure if that means you've got interest in one of the Devils players who was playing (Dakin, Gadomski, or Burrows-Cheng) or if he was just back in Tassie on holiday, maybe both. Anyway thought that titbit might be useful.

Yes he does work for us. Rawlings is responsible for bringing Jay Lockhart to Casey to play VFL, who was subsequently drafted to Melbourne.

Could be scouting or could just be watching, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back