2019 AFL draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

booshboy

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The thing with Jackson is you’re not just picking him what he’s shown at any level. He’s pretty raw having only come over from basketball this year. If JT rates have at 3 he must really think there’s massive potential. I’d rather we hold out until 8 for Jackson.
yep, I feel like Jackson will be available at 8 whereas I cant see Young sliding that far.

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
This is one of the most nuts threads I've ever read.
People melting over who we have and haven't selected on a draft in the ******* future. Apparently off a 30s clip half of you know who the 3rd best player in the draft is and the rest of you have already written off another bloke because he played as ruck.
Fair melt this one..

Northernsoul74

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Young at 3 and Kemp at 8 if he’s still there.

If Kemp is gone then we’d look at Jackson, Serong, or Ash.
So in our mock I picked you guys Young and Serong. Kemp was still on the board and it was a toss up between Serong and Kemp.
Whats your list need with the later pick? Originally I’d planned for a developing small forward but with Serong and potentially Bennell is there another obvious list gap?

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So in our mock I picked you guys Young and Serong. Kemp was still on the board and it was a toss up between Serong and Kemp.
Whats your list need with the later pick? Originally I’d planned for a developing small forward but with Serong and potentially Bennell is there another obvious list gap?
In reality, we will probably use the pick to bring either of Kyle Dunkley or Jay Lockhart onto the main list (currently rookies).

If you’re going for a kid with a pick that late, I’d still like another fleet footed small pressure forward.

Serong will start his career as a small forward and eventually move further up the ground, but he’s more of a smart footballer, rather than a quick pressure forward.

It’s also unusual to find good quality KPPs that late in the draft - even though we could do with another swing-man on the list.

lose

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2008
Around
AFL Club
Melbourne
In reality, we will probably use the pick to bring either of Kyle Dunkley or Jay Lockhart onto the main list (currently rookies).

If you’re going for a kid with a pick that late, I’d still like another fleet footed small pressure forward.

Serong will start his career as a small forward and eventually move further up the ground, but he’s more of a smart footballer, rather than a quick pressure forward.

It’s also unusual to find good quality KPPs that late in the draft - even though we could do with another swing-man on the list.
Sure if we use pick 97 we go find some outback pressure forward type with great speed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sure if we use pick 97 we go find some outback pressure forward type with great speed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Are we the only team who hasn't located and drafted a Rioli? What are we paying Taylor for?? Surely if we'd replaced the Wagners, Dunkley and all those other spuds we resigned at season's end, with a family of Rioli's, we'd have won 5 flags by now!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cobwebs

Senior List
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are we the only team who hasn't located and drafted a Rioli? What are we paying Taylor for?? Surely if we'd replaced the Wagners, Dunkley and all those other spuds we resigned at season's end, with a family of Rioli's, we'd have won 5 flags by now!!
One of our greatest moments of the past decade.. and not a Rioli in sight. :)

Attachments

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mentioned it before but theres 1 coming down to Perth to play in the WAFL. Had interest from SANFL clubs as well. We should just go fu** it and draft him with whatever 97 ends up being if he nominates for the draft. Cant win a flag without a Rioli according to recent history🤣🤣

space_cowboy

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone who can kick straight.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’d have no problem with Jackson for our second pick.

Great trading - we will surely have an option between Serong, Jackson or Kemp.

I’ll spew if we don’t take Young at 3 though.

Top Bottom