2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not been spoken of but we could very well end up with Rowell.

Would be very bitter sweet as we really don’t need a 178cm inside mid who goes missing when the ball isn’t in the contest.

We would surely be very active at the trade table next year if Rowell ends up a Demon.

It’s not been spoken of but we could very well end up with Rowell.

Would be very bitter sweet as we really don’t need a 178cm inside mid who goes missing when the ball isn’t in the contest.

We would surely be very active at the trade table next year if Rowell ends up a Demon.

If the club thinks Rowell will be there at that pick they should look to downgrade it and get something else.

Would be keen to see us talking to Freo and seeing if they can get their hands on late 1st rounder. Then look at Hill + Langdon + late 1st for 2 (or 3) + 20 (or 21), thus turning our first into 2 players who should stroll into our best 22 and get a pick upgrade in the process.

I'm trying to be objective as to who would win and lose in that trade?

Would be keen to see us talking to Freo and seeing if they can get their hands on late 1st rounder. Then look at Hill + Langdon + late 1st for 2 (or 3) + 20 (or 21), thus turning our first into 2 players who should stroll into our best 22 and get a pick upgrade in the process.

I think that's a good trade, and a fairly good result, but I would like to be using the pick 20 (or 21) for Zak Jones if possible so would propose 2020 2nd Round instead...

If you say on average Hill and Langdon are valued at pick 10

That's 10+10+16 for 2 and 20
We easily come out on top in that

If langdon is valued at 20 it's Hill and 16 for 2

We still come out ahead IMO a

We just need to take the best available player - trading the pick after the year we've had would be a wasted opportunity and potentially a disaster for a team that has not taken a first round pick in 3-4 years.

We need more talent and if we managed to get either Rowell or Anderson, both are great endurance runners who are clean with the ball.

I'm normally the last one here to think draft over trade but unless Brad Hill is available I'd take the top pick to the draft

If we do take another Mid tho what the * are we doing with Sparrow? He's never gonna get ahead of our current mids and all of his junior footy suggests he can only play inside .. it was a ******* weird choice

I'm normally the last one here to think draft over trade but unless Brad Hill is available I'd take the top pick to the draft

If we do take another Mid tho what the fu** are we doing with Sparrow? He's never gonna get ahead of our current mids and all of his junior footy suggests he can only play inside .. it was a ******* weird choice
He will be good for tying shoelaces though

If we do take another Mid tho what the fu** are we doing with Sparrow? He's never gonna get ahead of our current mids and all of his junior footy suggests he can only play inside .. it was a ******* weird choice

Maybe we just had him placed much higher on our board?

You’re right though - if we end up with Rowell, we’re going to have to trade out someone decent.

Trying to play Tyson, Jones and Brayshaw on the wing was/is just stupid.

Ok what if I add another dimension to the trade:

Melbourne get: B Hill, Langdon, Pick 18
Melbourne lose: Pick 2, Pick 20

Fremantle get: Kelly
Fremantle lose: B Hill, Langdon

Geelong get: Pick 2, Pick 20
Geelong lose: Kelly, Pick 18

I doubt Geelong want to lose potentially the Brownlow medalist and slide back a few places in the draft. Take picks 18 and 20 out

Hill is worth somewhere around 10. Langdon is worth somewhere around 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get absolutely reamed in this deal lol. This would be worse than Kelly for Tyson and Salem.

This is just pick 2 for Hill and Langdon for Kelly. If we’re trading pick 2 I want a player of Kelly’s quality.

This is just pick 2 for Hill and Langdon for Kelly. If we’re trading pick 2 I want a player of Kelly’s quality.

Melbourne get: Kelly, Pick 18

Fremantle get: Pick 2, Pick 20

Geelong get: B Hill, Langdon

Why on earth are people discussing Kelly?

It's clearly Geelong or back to WA for him.

Why on earth are people discussing Kelly?

It's clearly Geelong or back to WA for him.

Melbourne get: Kelly, Perth, Pick 18

Fremantle get: Morwell, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Pick 2, Pick 20

Geelong get: B Hill, Langdon, Cameron Corner

We need to pick up a young KPD in this draft as well IMO. Petty hasn’t shown much chop down back in the seniors - if we keep pick ~20 and/or our third rounder the priority for me with those picks would be finding a player to develop under May given OMac is clearly not suitable.

We get absolutely reamed in this deal lol. This would be worse than Kelly for Tyson and Salem.

I'm trading like Melbourne does mate :(

Maybe Freo give us their 2nd as well.

I doubt Geelong want to lose potentially the Brownlow medalist and slide back a few places in the draft. Take picks 18 and 20 out

There needs to be a 1st rounder coming back to us somehow. Otherwise Freo trades with someone else to get us a 1st.

If the club thinks Rowell will be there at that pick they should look to downgrade it and get something else.
That's the beauty of live trading. If Anderson goes number 1 we could trade pick 2 and our third rounder to a side around 9th to 11th for their 2019 and 2020 first rounder (if we can find someone that needs a raw inside mid more). If Rowell goes number 1, we take Anderson at 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back