Winnipeg Jets
Nvm realised he is tied to GWS academy.

Brodie Kemp welcome down to the Meh FC

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Of the guys in the 3-10 range, Brodie Kemp excites me the most. 192cm, Bontempelli type player.

Knightmare's writeup is:
Strengths: "acceleration, line breaker, movement and evasion through traffic, ground ball winner, intercept marking, reading of the ball in flight, aerial marking, one-on-one marking, leadup marking, contested marking, hurt factor by foot, vision"
Weaknesses: Needs to find more of the ball to become a top tier midfielder, consistency over four quarters

So his weakness isn't a problem for us because we already have enough ball winning mids.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
really , we are going to bring in 1 bloke and that will fix every thing . FMD I won't pretend to understand this trading s**t , But i really think we should keep our first round and get a top first round kid . Hopefully someone that can play on the outside . Can kick and not panic under pressure , it's a mystery i know , but we have the base , lets hope we have the coach that knows what to do with what we have got , rather than plan for what we haven't .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
really , we are going to bring in 1 bloke and that will fix every thing . FMD I won't pretend to understand this trading s**t , But i really think we should keep our first round and get a top first round kid . Hopefully someone that can play on the outside . Can kick and not panic under pressure , it's a mystery i know , but we have the base , lets hope we have the coach that knows what to do with what we have got , rather than plan for what we haven't .

I'd prefer we kept our (probable) top 3 pick and picked up another top end talent who hopefully fills a need rather than grab another inside type. We have a glut of inside options, so I'd hope the club look at making a few deals with other clubs (ie for Brad Hill) and whatever options we have from free agency or recycled players. It means we'd probably have to give up a Brayshaw or Petracca (or maybe Weid?), but we'd have a better balanced team.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I'd prefer we kept our (probable) top 3 pick and picked up another top end talent who hopefully fills a need rather than grab another inside type. We have a glut of inside options, so I'd hope the club look at making a few deals with other clubs (ie for Brad Hill) and whatever options we have from free agency or recycled players. It means we'd probably have to give up a Brayshaw or Petracca (or maybe Weid?), but we'd have a better balanced team.

I would give Bayshaw up, i think we keep persisting with Weid and Petracca.

If we can snare either Anderson, Kemp or Rowell then get brad hill or langdon accross at least that gives us some much needed run.

I would just love to see one of our young players improve next year, they have all seemed to have stayed stagnant in their development, except Salem.

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would give Bayshaw up, i think we keep persisting with Weid and Petracca.

If we can snare either Anderson, Kemp or Rowell then get brad hill or langdon accross at least that gives us some much needed run.

I would just love to see one of our young playera improve next year, they have all seemed to have stayed stagnant in their development, except Salem.

I'd give any of the three up for the right price. I'm not sold on the Weid - he does some good things, but still has a significant baby giraffe element about him and the way he launches at the ball can be pretty meek at times. Maybe a spell as the main forward in the 50 would do him some good; claim anything in the air that's not going to an unmarked teammate. Likewise Petracca has a fair way to go to add consistency and more polish to his game. Of all the three, Brayshaw should be the most "fixable" as he needs to up his fitness base, two-way running and think about his disposal a bit more. I'd imagine he'd be an annoying one to watch come good at another club.

Why would anyone give up Brayshaw and persist with Petracca? Both do their best work at inside mid, it's just one has shown really good, consistent form and one hasn't. Both are young and have lost 1.5 years of their career, so I'd hope they haven't peaked yet. The desperation to trade Brayshaw out is weird, why wouldn't you want a really good inside mid? I know he has weaknesses, but that's kinda the ******* point of coaching. This place has come full circle. Reminds me of the old days, where we'd draft Cale Morton and Jack Watts above Dangerfield and Naitanui because they 'had more upside'.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why would anyone give up Brayshaw and persist with Petracca? Both do their best work at inside mid, it's just one has shown really good, consistent form and one hasn't. Both are young and have lost 1.5 years of their career, so I'd hope they haven't peaked yet. The desperation to trade Brayshaw out is weird, why wouldn't you want a really good inside mid? I know he has weaknesses, but that's kinda the ******* point of coaching. This place has come full circle. Reminds me of the old days, where we'd draft Cale Morton and Jack Watts above Dangerfield and Naitanui because they 'had more upside'.

You are completely missing the point on this. It's hardly trade him out for pick 23 it's using him to get one of the best wingers in the game. Guess what, we have go give up something. Oliver is untouchable and Viney will never leave so that means Petracca and Brayshaw are our only mids with value.

Let me frame it in a better way? If we lost Brayshaw but had Brad Hill playing at an AA level would we be a better side?

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You are completely missing the point on this. It's hardly trade him out for pick 23 it's using him to get one of the best wingers in the game. Guess what, we have go give up something. Oliver is untouchable and Viney will never leave so that means Petracca and Brayshaw are our only mids with value.

Let me frame it in a better way? If we lost Brayshaw but had Brad Hill playing at an AA level would we be a better side?

Harmes would have some as well, but need to hang on to him, too.

I'd rather lose Petracca than Brayshaw. Trac might come good, or he might stay a Jared Brennan occasional flashes of brilliance with copious quantities of meh thrown in. Rather keep both, but as you say, the point is we have to give up something to get something.

Actually, wait, lets spud + spud + spud = gun instead. JKH and the Wagners for Hill. Done and done.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I always enjoy following the draft.

Noah Anderson will be pick 1 and I’d love him at the Dees. I’m going to run with the deluded presumption that we won’t finish last though, and here are the other guys in the mix for us;

Mathew Rowell (probably gone before our first pick as well)

Brodie Kemp
Lachlan Ash
Hayden Young

So that’s 5 kids who would be great picks, and noting GWS have priority access to Thomas Green (inside mid) who will go early as well.

Draft; best available
Trade; for needs

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
What about a player who plays equally well in an outside role, or inside role.?

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

There is no desperation to trade Angus at all, but we need to give up something to land a gun player.

Out of Weid, Petracca and Angus I would like to keep them all for different reasons.

Weid i would keep based on the fact we really have no other forwards developing so would be crazy to ship him off without another key forward coming back in.

Angus is a good inside mid and still has improvement in him, finds plenty of the ball and gets forward to kick goals.

Petracca has some x factor, he probably has the most out of the 3 players listed. Certainly has a lot of improvement in him, looks better in the midfield than up forward.

Personally if i had to lose one it would be Angus just based on him being part of the surplus of inside mids, disposal is questionable and just doesn't run hard enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back