2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone mentioned in the other thread the draft keeps going after the rounds listed on the website. So we can make our third pick at the end of the draft

It does keep going. The draft ends when all 18 clubs have passed.

Have heard the Giants were looking at Jackson with pick 6. Wonder if they'll reach for him with pick 3.
It'd be a smart pick for them actually. They've got 4 rucks on their list currently, one is 33, one is 31, another is out with an ACL, and the 4th is a year into it, so who knows. Mummy is cooked, and Jacobs, while fresh as a daisy compared to Mummy, isn't far off it either, a highly rated young ruckman would slot in perfectly. Plus, it literally the only area of the ground they have a deficiency.

It'd be a smart pick for them actually. They've got 4 rucks on their list currently, one is 33, one is 31, another is out with an ACL, and the 4th is a year into it, so who knows. Mummy is cooked, and Jacobs, while fresh as a daisy compared to Mummy, isn't far off it either, a highly rated young ruckman would slot in perfectly. Plus, it literally the only area of the ground they have a deficiency.

Plus it means we cant take him.

Trade for Mumford, gotcha

I wonder if we go early on Kemp and have the other first rounder to get the needed small. With Kemp out for the year it is effectively bringing in two first rounders over two seasons anyway.

Kemp has a pretty solid highlights package. Dash, vision, marking, goal sense on show..

Knightmare's writeup on Flanders is interesting - essentially ticks every box for us:

• Damaging player forward of centre (and just as valuable as a midfielder)
  • 'Ready to go' player
  • High impact per possession
  • Explosive power
A combo of him and Weightman sounds like our key needs are ticked, but that's very much me thinking short term. Someone like Kemp could be a far more valuable 10-15 year player for us, but would do nothing next year... hmm

Knightmare's writeup on Flanders is interesting - essentially ticks every box for us:

• 'Ready to go' player
  • Explosive power
A combo of him and Weightman sounds like our key needs are ticked, but that's very much me thinking short term. Someone like Kemp could be a far more valuable 10-15 year player for us, but would do nothing next year... hmm
I'm all for drafting him because his name is flanders

• 'Ready to go' player
  • Explosive power

Saw a bit of Flanders and seemed to be a fair few turnovers! Definitely good at getting the ball and putting it into dangerous areas but not sure about hitting a pin point target.

This kid however:

Give me Young and Weightman please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shits me to tears that the draft is so many ******* weeks away

But now you can enjoy all the speculation over draft pick swaps that the media will bombard you with.

Once again it's so Melbourne that Kemp did his ACL as he was being touted as the third best player in the pool. Reeks of Lever doing his ACL in 2014 when we'd been all over him as a junior.

Anyway as long as we get two of Serong, Flanders, Ash, Young and Kemp I don't care. Hopefully Fremantle reach for the Western Australian Robertson or Jackson at 7.

Channel 7 perth news reporting we are looking to bid on Liam Henry with pick 8 making Freo take him with pick 10
And then when Freo trade us pick 10 and 22 for pick 8 we’ll bid on Finn Magginess and make Hawthorn take him with their first pick.

To be honest, none of the talked about top ten players for this years draft have got me excited and as such i havent been as invested in the whole thing... until i saw the video of Will Gould.

Now i really want this kid at pick three. Built like a fridge and fierce around the ball and in the air. Like if clayton oliver was a backman. I dont care that hes not talked about as a top ten and i dont think Jason Taylor will either.

Screw the airy fairy winger types. Take the old fashioned angry KPP who likes to hurt people.

Will Gould for pick 3!
(Paid and spoken for by stabler)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back