2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks very good doesn't he? Would be very happy drafting him. Only issue is he seems very one sided.

I don't think its an issue.

Super agile and super smart player. May not be as quick as a Lachie Ash but very good at finding his own space, making people miss or reach for a tackle and breaking past.

Under that scenario, if as forecast GWS finish top 4 in 2020 it’s still only around pick 20 and pick 35 we’d be getting off them in exchange for allowing them access to an extra pick in the top 5 this year. Plus we have to drop from 3 to 6, potentially missing out on a star. It’s just not enough, not even close. I can’t see a deal being done that will satisfy us. Player trading is over for the year, so a quality player from GWS can’t be involved. I’d say it’s 90% sure at this stage we’ll be taking 3 & 8 to the draft. We should also bid on Green so that GWS have to take him at their pick. We don’t owe them any favours.

Can't agree with this enough. I'm pretty sure Crows asked GWS for a player to be included (likely Hately) with any pick swap and they declined. That ship has sailed!
I think Melb will want more than what GWS will offer Crows, but i don't think GWS have enough to offer either party now that player trading has ceased, unless the AFL lets them trade their 1st next yr AND their other picks.

Young is a different player to Hore.

Hore is more of the pick up a man and read the ball better than them and then hit a team mate with a safe kick type of player and I agree has a place in our 22.

For Young I'm thinking more of the role Hibbo played in his AA year, where he was everywhere, ground ball gets, run and carry, intercepting and really damaging with the ball in all areas of the ground.

Looks pretty good to me. Seems like the kind of player who picks the right option quickly and then executes well. Reckon the quick decision making is just as important as the good skills.

Looks pretty good to me. Seems like the kind of player who picks the right option quickly and then executes well. Reckon the quick decision making is just as important as the good skills.

Definitely. Seems to know the right times to go for the tough kick and when to play it safe.

I'd prefer to keep both our picks this yearly purely to get the talent in now so we can develop them. I want to start winning again.

Sure we might get an 'offer we can't refuse' in which case i'd fold on the above - and we could also pick up Kemp who wouldn't play this year, but at least he'd be in the AFL system.

I feel like we will pick a forward of centre player that can play in 2020 with one of the picks and hopefully Kemp slides to our next pick.

I'd love Flanders & Young/Kemp combo, or Serong and Young/Kemp. For some reason I don't think we'll go Young and Kemp.

I feel like we're probably going to do something weird, although last time we did something risky we traded out our future first for Oliver, which worked out beautifully

I imagine they'll just sit him out for the whole year but if by some miracle we have a good season and he makes an exceptional recovery Kemp would probably be able to quite easily slot in as a forward for a few games and potentially be an option in finals. Not like he's guaranteed to make zero impact next year. And if we're relying on first years making an impact to make finals we might as well fold @ProperGander

Reckon we need to lift our game with Irish recruits. No one of note since Stynes and Wight. It’s really strange we don’t attract more Irish players and supporters, particularly with our light blue away strip, the colours look quite similar to Rangers - every Irishman’s favourite soccer team.

Reckon we need to lift our game with Irish recruits. No one of note since Stynes and Wight. It’s really strange we don’t attract more Irish players and supporters, particularly with our light blue away strip, the colours look quite similar to Rangers - every Irishman’s favourite soccer team.

MFC too obsessed recruiting white mummys boys from private schools that all have 'great clubman' in their draft profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. If we were a decent club, we would have gone and got half a dozen of them when Roos took over.

If we had done that, we wouldn’t be worrying about our outside run now.

MFC too obsessed recruiting white mummys boys from private schools that all have 'great clubman' in their draft profile.

You don't get much more white than Irish, and I am sure they have both mummy's boys and private schools there. Really no reason we can't fit in some Irish lads.

You don't get much more white than Irish, and I am sure they have both mummy's boys and private schools there. Really no reason we can't fit in some Irish lads.

Not quite the same thing. Irish people are predominantly poor. If you wave a half-eaten mouldy potato in front of an Irishman, you're more than likely going to be left with a stump. Notorious biters.

Not many private schools in Ireland, though the few they have are full of rugby playing mummy’s boys.

Really what we need are the hardened farmers’ boys who plant a field of potatoes before breakfast then turn up for training every cold, miserable, unforgiving night and get paid not a single cent for their troubles.

We're going to pick Jackson my MFCSS is in full effect
I half hope we do. Topkent will bite off his dick in live stream, or otherwise melt, and I’ll have a good opportunity to bring out my Rock gif.

The Suns have come out and said they're keen to trade their way into another top 10 pick. They have 15 and 20 ... would that be enough to get our pick 8? Maybe not quite?

* the Rangers, Glasgow’s green and white as is the whole of Ireland, Mon the bhoys in Green, Celtic Football Club the best darn team in Europe.

But yeah nice to see a couple of Irish lads at the MFC, think a couple of Irish girls signed for the women’s team

The Suns have come out and said they're keen to trade their way into another top 10 pick. They have 15 and 20 ... would that be enough to get our pick 8? Maybe not quite?
We didn't trade our 2020 first, pick 26 and pick 50 to get 15 and 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back