bungee

Making foreign policy over a good dump since 2016
Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I follow no other, only Swans
Just interested really in what points we might have to match bids. Assuming we keep our first pick (say 8 for arguments sake) will we have the 2nd and 3rd round picks to cover for Gulden and Campbell?

I think it’s crucial for Academy players to be matched and taken.
Fair point

bungee

Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Horse’s pre-draft shopping list for Beatson and Dalrymple reads

Young defender, AFL ready with the strength of Grundy, leap of Leo, kick of Malceski, run of Shaw, desperation of Dunkley, smarts of Macca, balls of Rampe, marking of Ted, silk of Aliir and the sneakiness of Smith all for less points than pick 25.

“Will this do ?” the recruiters ask, their shoes making little popping sounds as they step through layers of bubble wrap to lift the carefully preserved Gould out of his wooden crate.

“Perfect” says Horse, admiring the naked shivering form before him. “He’s not a Victorian is he ? “No, he’s from Adelaide” replies Beatson

“Ahhh” sighs Horse to no-one in particular. “No go home factor then”

“Put him with the others”

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,

Young defender, AFL ready with the strength of Grundy, leap of Leo, kick of Malceski, run of Shaw, desperation of Dunkley, smarts of Macca, balls of Rampe, marking of Ted, silk of Aliir and the sneakiness of Smith all for less points than pick 25.

“Will this do ?” the recruiters ask, their shoes making little popping sounds as they step through layers of bubble wrap to lift the carefully preserved Gould out of his wooden crate.

“Perfect” says Horse, admiring the naked shivering form before him. “He’s not a Victorian is he ? “No, he’s from Adelaide” replies Beatson

If he gets down to chiseled 95 kegs, will be a beast.

bungee

Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
From the AFL web site "Essendon recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro is excited after identifying a need for tall forwards". Has the penny finally dropped ?

Dododoro has two new recruits who could potentially replace Daniher. There's Harrison Jones, a tall skinny forward who could one day kick as many goals as Joe. The other is Lachlan Johnson who, being injured and unable to play, can already kick as many goals as Joe.

Keep taking those drugs Dodo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

puke

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Wtf are you people on?

Kummerspeck

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
When did I make a comment about divisiveness in this thread? That's what your stating.
No it isn't. I'm saying that you're on record that you don't like divisive players or players who do divisive things. Don't get worked up. Things will be okay. 👌

Wayne Swan

Premium Gold
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I feel like the Swans Big Footy board has a crush on Will Gould
Count me in!

I've really coveted him from early in the year and became intrigued why he was slipping down everyone's draft board as almost no other draftee has his resume. Country boy, captain of SA, a number of newspaper articles about him in the lead up to the draft talked him up as going to Crows or Port late teens early 20s. Unfortunately even with him slipping he was never going to fall to our second pick, then he does!

Don't think we'll be disappointed.

SGBeach

All Australian
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Gotta say it again.. Soo stoked with this years draft
Warner.. a pure inside mid that tackles, smothers and wins contested footy
Taylor.. x factor forward, seems the skies the limit for this fella
Gould.. has everything our back 6 needs, and seems he could really contribute from round 1
Stephens.. Can do everything in the midfield and do it bloody well
Rowles.. know nothing about, but he got the gig ahead of a few so the recruiters see something there
Mailbaum.. great re-listing, reckon he would've played seniors last year if he didn't do his knee

great job team

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
Gotta say it again.. Soo stoked with this years draft
Warner.. a pure inside mid that tackles, smothers and wins contested footy
Taylor.. x factor forward, seems the skies the limit for this fella
Gould.. has everything our back 6 needs, and seems he could really contribute from round 1
Stephens.. Can do everything in the midfield and do it bloody well
Rowles.. know nothing about, but he got the gig ahead of a few so the recruiters see something there
Mailbaum.. great re-listing, reckon he would've played seniors last year if he didn't do his knee

great job team
It was interesting reading Richmond's excuse for raiding others academy players. They "strictly apply their player ranking"…. so they say!

Clearly Swans targeted gets, and it was amazing watching the live swaps to achieve it.
Jumping Geelong for Gould was a master stroke. (Not comment on the pick (time will tell) but the desire to get it done)

Also interesting to see the alignment of clubs
Clearly there are some with really good relations (eg Brisbane , Swans helped out, Adelaide helped Swans)
Clearly some bad ones , the team obviously had sour taste with Dildo/ Essendon re the JD fiasco .

Can anyone advise whether there is any truth that Carlton want to, and/or, have pinched Beatson?
Give him a pay rise I say!

Again sensational effort by the whole team. :thumbsu:

SGBeach

All Australian
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Clearly some bad ones , the team obviously had sour taste with Dildo/ Essendon re the JD fiasco .
It seems there's a few clubs who have a bad relationship with dodo.. He had a sour look on his face the entire night and with the exception of a few late pick swaps failed to do any meaningful trades

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
It seems there's a few clubs who have a bad relationship with dodo.. He had a sour look on his face the entire night and with the exception of a few late pick swaps failed to do any meaningful trades

LOL! I am NO Carlton fan, but they sort of made a lot out of pick 9. (they will stuff it up)
Dildo was offered hypothetically 5 + 9 and passed!!!!!!, for a bloke who is injured and doesn't want to be there any longer than necessary. Then had to watch the goodies all come in. FMD!

mikey_san

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
1575068425130.png

Reckon we should have traded down and gotten this Shoe and Sharp over DS.
Two players I think will be equally as good if not better going off reviews and the limited tape I've watched.
Time will tell I guess. Hope I am proven wrong.
All the other picks look like value.
Really looking forward to Gould and Warner putting some opposition players on their backside. Those two in and Sinkers back we will be a bruising club to play against.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It was interesting reading Richmond's excuse for raiding others academy players. They "strictly apply their player ranking"…. so they say!

Clearly Swans targeted gets, and it was amazing watching the live swaps to achieve it.
Jumping Geelong for Gould was a master stroke. (Not comment on the pick (time will tell) but the desire to get it done)

Also interesting to see the alignment of clubs
Clearly there are some with really good relations (eg Brisbane , Swans helped out, Adelaide helped Swans)

Can anyone advise whether there is any truth that Carlton want to, and/or, have pinched Beatson?
Give him a pay rise I say!

Again sensational effort by the whole team. :thumbsu:
Bombers and a Tigers strategy was interesting. Both came into the draft reasonably late.

By that stage Lions had spent their coin and were ripe for being unable to defend picks on their academy players.

Perhaps they honestly thought they were safe, being so late in the draft, which I feel is a tad naive. Tigers and Bombers had every right to bid on the players.

Top Bottom