Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
It was interesting reading Richmond's excuse for raiding others academy players. They "strictly apply their player ranking"…. so they say!

Clearly Swans targeted gets, and it was amazing watching the live swaps to achieve it.
Jumping Geelong for Gould was a master stroke. (Not comment on the pick (time will tell) but the desire to get it done)

Also interesting to see the alignment of clubs
Clearly there are some with really good relations (eg Brisbane , Swans helped out, Adelaide helped Swans)
Clearly some bad ones , the team obviously had sour taste with Dildo/ Essendon re the JD fiasco .

Can anyone advise whether there is any truth that Carlton want to, and/or, have pinched Beatson?
Give him a pay rise I say!

Again sensational effort by the whole team. :thumbsu:
I believe that Beatson is off the the brave dogs 😡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
View attachment 787054

Reckon we should have traded down and gotten this Shoe and Sharp over DS.
Even if Swans wanted Schoenburg, they had that pick ahead.

Swan team must have known that was their intention. Otherwise Crows do not swap and help.
Ie "we know who you want we want Gould swap and he will still be there for you" here's a sweetner

Schoey looks like a gun.
Matty Nicks (luv'd him as a player) has a long haul ahead to make a functioning team again. They have lost many components of their 2017 chance.

mikey_san

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Even if Swans wanted Schoenburg, they had that pick ahead.

Swan team must have known that was their intention. Otherwise Crows do not swap and help.
Ie "we know who you want we want Gould swap and he will still be there for you" here's a sweetner

Schoey looks like a gun.
Matty Nicks (luv'd him as a player) has a long haul ahead to make a functioning team again. They have lost many components of their 2017 chance.
I meant pick 5 + ? traded down for two picks in the teens : Port, Geelong or GC - then we'd still have gotten Gould and turned it into an all-time draft class IMO.
Anyway....lets see how we go, no need for Dylan to play too much next year with the players we have, give him time to develop and add some strength.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Same here. I grew up idolising players like Rantall and Teasdale. There was a romantic connotation associated with seeing a Rantall playing for us again but the club obviously saw the logic beyond the emotion. BTW have we actually clarified the connection to John Rantall?
Perhaps not son of Mopsy.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Here’s the new link to 2020 Nominal Draft Order.

Can’t recommend it enough, changes automatically as the end of each round, it’s a fantastic resourc.

tombomb

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Didn't Dodo say he wasn't interested in draft picks for Daniher, because there were no top draft picks that were key position players?

He did his whole patronizing thing of 'ohhh people don't realise that we look at the draft to see what would actually be available at those picks and there are no replacements for Daniher' ...

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

The guy is an imbecile ... long may he be Essendon's list boss. The next 15 years will be just as successful as the previous.

SGBeach

All Australian
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Didn't Dodo say he wasn't interested in draft picks for Daniher, because there were no top draft picks that were key position players?

He did his whole patronizing thing of 'ohhh people don't realise that we look at the draft to see what would actually be available at those picks and there are no replacements for Daniher' ...

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

The guy is an imbecile ... long may he be Essendon's list boss. The next 15 years will be just as successful as the previous.
Last I heard.. - We offered p9 + future 1st.
p9 would have cost Papley + a second round pick.. ie. Papley + Gould or Taylor
So, Papley + Gould or Taylor + future 1st = Daniher
Dodo wanted more.. p9 + future 1st + a player (McCartin etc)

Daniher still isn't running! He tried a few weeks ago but again his body wasn't up to it
We dodged a bullet, sooo much better off with the trade failing.
and to call Dodo an imbecile is the understatement of the year

tombomb

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Daniher still isn't running! He tried a few weeks ago but again his body wasn't up to it
kinnear said as late as on the afl.com pre draft show (i think it was that one) that Dodo made it clear from the start that 5 and 9 wouldn't get the deal done. He also said we told carlton they would only trade papley if we were receiving daniher.

I think if essendon had been willing to deal, we would have given them 5 and 9, and probably fairly early in the trade period. I am very glad we didn't.

Wayne Swan

Premium Gold
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Pressure will be on Daniher from Essendon supporters and from the media who just love this type of never ending story.

If Daniher can't get himself right then Dodo will be a target for the Essendon fans, many of who already don't like him. Agree that it's best for us all if Dodo stays their list mangler.

tombomb

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Pressure will be on Daniher from Essendon supporters and from the media who just love this type of never ending story.

If Daniher can't get himself right then Dodo will be a target for the Essendon fans, many of who already don't like him. Agree that it's best for us all if Dodo stays their list mangler.
i could see it getting very ugly if essendon struggle in the first half of the year. They have a pretty easy draw though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandicoot

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

We are so fortunate that dodo is as big an a-hole that he is.

Bandicoot

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

Just as long as we don't ever have to deal with Essendon again.

Bandicoot

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

You could add Jones to that list as well.

tombomb

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Harrison Jones- their pick 30 (key forward)

He is referring to Harrison Jones - Essendon's first pick a KPF
ok.

But i was referring to Dodo's specific repeated comments that they werent interested in top 10 picks for Daniher, because there were no top end key position prospects in the draft.

2 went in the top 6.

As I said, the guy is an imbecile.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
ok.

But i was referring to Dodo's specific repeated comments that they werent interested in top 10 picks for Daniher, because there were no top end key position prospects in the draft.

2 went in the top 6.

He obviously is an arrogant difficult man to deal with.

But, he is also part of a team and clearly Essington were in turmoil with the Leadership thing and Daniher and Fantasia wanting out, and he was likely told not to let Daniher go at any price. So that was just excuses and powerplay.

Time will tell on that. He clearly wasn't happy draft night though.

eDPS

Devon Goods
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
ok.

2 went in the top 6.

I’m fairly sure he meant key forward which McAsey and Jackson are not, if say the King twins were in this years draft he wouldn’t be able to use that line.

I’ll add that I thought Jackson and McAsey went too early but that’s not really the point.

Dodoro bidding on Coleman this year was dangerous as they have the key defender Cody Brand and key forward Josh Eyre in their academy for next year

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m fairly sure he meant key forward which McAsey and Jackson are not, if say the King twins were in this years draft he wouldn’t be able to use that line.

I’ll add that I thought Jackson and McAsey went too early but that’s not really the point.

Dodoro bidding on Coleman this year was dangerous as they have the key defender Cody Brand and key forward Josh Eyre in their academy for next year

Hi

luvd reading your & others draft stuff . Great work!

Could you comment on why Harrison Jones?
Do you think it is just in case Joe does not recover, or gawwwn?

eDPS

Devon Goods
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi

luvd reading your & others draft stuff . Great work!

Could you comment on why Harrison Jones?
Do you think it is just in case Joe does not recover, or gawwwn?
Cheers mate!

I think Jones was an obvious pick for bombers, with or without Daniher they need young key forward depth as Stewart’s body is unreliable and McKernan struggles as the main target.

Think he has huge upside and his athletic profile is terrific. Personally I think Joe leaves to swans next year and that they will be kicking themselves for not doing a deal especially with live trading they could have used that pick 5 as a bargaining chip for an even better draft hand for 2020 which does have better talls.

Top Bottom