Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would happily trade pick 5 to Port for picks 12 and 16.

Pass pass and PASS. Trade our second with our future second for a late first.

Take pick 5 to the draft

With 12 and 16 we might be able to get Robertson and Cooper Stephens. I would be wrapped with those two.

There’s a might there and we could easily miss both! You are valuing pure insides way too much. We can get inside mids in the second and third round.

Flanders or Kemp at 5

Happy to gamble a bit with Kemp. If they recon he’s right, on talent he’s a top 3-4 pick.

I expect Flanders at 5 and I’ll be over the moon

There’s a might there and we could easily miss both! You are valuing pure insides way too much. We can get inside mids in the second and third round.

Flanders or Kemp at 5

Happy to gamble a bit with Kemp. If they recon he’s right, on talent he’s a top 3-4 pick.

I expect Flanders at 5 and I’ll be over the moon

One of Robertson or Kemp will probably fall to pick 12 so we would take the one that did fall, and pick 16, Stephens should be available then. Kemp is too much of a risk at pick 5 but I would be more than happy to take the risk at pick 12.

Robertson/Kemp and Cooper Stephens would be a massive win for us.

One of Robertson or Kemp will probably fall to pick 12 so we would take the one that did fall, and pick 16, Stephens should be available then. Kemp is too much of a risk at pick 5 but I would be more than happy to take the risk at pick 12.

Robertson/Kemp and Cooper Stephens would be a massive win for us.

I’d only trade 5 if one of the picks is before 10 (I.e Carlton’s pick 9). Unfortunately they have nothing else. The deal you want is average. Look at how much it took Port to trade up!

What do you think is better for the Swans

Flanders

vs

Robertson/Kemp and C.Stephens?

Flanders easily.

Have Flanders best on my board after the obvious 3 (Rowell, Anderson and Green)

I’m all for upgrading our second pick but use a future 2nd and or a swap of firsts next year for the upgrade not our first this year.

Beatson just specifically brought up McAsy as a possibility for pick 5. He also said it is unlikely we are going to bid on Green and that we are potentially going after a different sort of midfielder.

McAsy wouldn’t be the worst reach but jeez I really hope not! Better option than Young at least

Twoomey just mentioned at the end of his show Swans pick possibly btwn Flanders and Dylan Stephens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beatson just specifically brought up McAsy as a possibility for pick 5. He also said it is unlikely we are going to bid on Green and that we are potentially going after a different sort of midfielder.

Thus the games begin.

Will be a good draft in so far as interesting to see who goes where

Cannot believe GWS gifted Green at 10 or so if that happens.
Perhaps the AFL is directing this from the shadows...

May as well hand the cup to them next season, save the AFL having to rig the actual games.

Twoomey just mentioned at the end of his show Swans pick possibly btwn Flanders and Dylan Stephens.

No shock there. Should be Flanders but can see why Kemp, Stephens and a couple others appeal

May as well hand the cup to them next season, save the AFL having to rig the actual games.

Meh they have given up a truckload to get in front of a bid. If anything they are dumb to do the last trade costing them two firsts basically

I remember 20 or so years ago I was in a flap about something. My very cool, calm and collected spouse asked "What is the worst that can happen?" After getting rid of some ridiculously unlikelies, I realised that the worst was actually not too bad at all.
Applies here I think. Beatson and Dalrymple will make a sensible pick. Might not be our favourite but will be a good player at that slot. Down the track they might not set the world on fire but that's always a risk despite the best due diligence.
I'm cool and waiting to see who they pick.

To be fair, I still can’t believe we got Blakey at 10 last year. Also, they may get Green for a bargain but have basically paid 3 x first round picks of Ash...... or something totally different will happen because everyone is talking smoke and shadows behind the window.

Stephens!!
Have you seen him a bit? 69 kgs and doesn't seem that fast either - kicking at 52% - compared to Kemp's 64% :thumbsupemoji: and Flanders 47% :eek: Young is 75% - I guess the guys in defense get a lot more cheap 'N easy ones, but still.....is 52% average?

I'd be worried by this pick.

Have you seen him a bit? 69 kgs and doesn't seem that fast either - kicking at 52% - compared to Kemp's 64% :thumbsupemoji: and Flanders 47% :eek: Young is 75% - I guess the guys in defense get a lot more cheap 'N easy ones, but still.....is 52% average?

I'd be worried by this pick.

Had a terrible carnival by his standards. Good work across SANFL though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back