Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.

But i was referring to Dodo's specific repeated comments that they werent interested in top 10 picks for Daniher, because there were no top end key position prospects in the draft.

2 went in the top 6.

As I said, the guy is an imbecile.

He obviously is an arrogant difficult man to deal with.

But, he is also part of a team and clearly Essington were in turmoil with the Leadership thing and Daniher and Fantasia wanting out, and he was likely told not to let Daniher go at any price. So that was just excuses and powerplay.

Time will tell on that. He clearly wasn't happy draft night though.

ok.

But i was referring to Dodo's specific repeated comments that they werent interested in top 10 picks for Daniher, because there were no top end key position prospects in the draft.

2 went in the top 6.

As I said, the guy is an imbecile.
I’m fairly sure he meant key forward which McAsey and Jackson are not, if say the King twins were in this years draft he wouldn’t be able to use that line.

I’ll add that I thought Jackson and McAsey went too early but that’s not really the point.

Dodoro bidding on Coleman this year was dangerous as they have the key defender Cody Brand and key forward Josh Eyre in their academy for next year

I’m fairly sure he meant key forward which McAsey and Jackson are not, if say the King twins were in this years draft he wouldn’t be able to use that line.

I’ll add that I thought Jackson and McAsey went too early but that’s not really the point.

Dodoro bidding on Coleman this year was dangerous as they have the key defender Cody Brand and key forward Josh Eyre in their academy for next year

Hi

luvd reading your & others draft stuff . Great work!

Could you comment on why Harrison Jones?
Do you think it is just in case Joe does not recover, or gawwwn?

Hi

luvd reading your & others draft stuff . Great work!

Could you comment on why Harrison Jones?
Do you think it is just in case Joe does not recover, or gawwwn?
Cheers mate!

I think Jones was an obvious pick for bombers, with or without Daniher they need young key forward depth as Stewart’s body is unreliable and McKernan struggles as the main target.

Think he has huge upside and his athletic profile is terrific. Personally I think Joe leaves to swans next year and that they will be kicking themselves for not doing a deal especially with live trading they could have used that pick 5 as a bargaining chip for an even better draft hand for 2020 which does have better talls.

Cheers mate!

I think Jones was an obvious pick for bombers, with or without Daniher they need young key forward depth as Stewart’s body is unreliable and McKernan struggles as the main target.

Think he has huge upside and his athletic profile is terrific. Personally I think Joe leaves to swans next year and that they will be kicking themselves for not doing a deal especially with live trading they could have used that pick 5 as a bargaining chip for an even better draft hand for 2020 which does have better talls.

If it is any consolation. I have good reason to suggest 5 was never really (other than hypothetically) going to be offered.

Anyway, we have instructed Joe to stand near the left goal post, if Harrison would oblige and stand near the right one, then Sir Dane Rampe will be most grateful!!!!. He has learned he needs a human (leg up) next time! ;)

Didn't Dodo say he wasn't interested in draft picks for Daniher, because there were no top draft picks that were key position players?

He did his whole patronizing thing of 'ohhh people don't realise that we look at the draft to see what would actually be available at those picks and there are no replacements for Daniher' ...

pick 3 - luke jackson
pick 6 - fischer mcasey.

The guy is an imbecile ... long may he be Essendon's list boss. The next 15 years will be just as successful as the previous.
I think at Bombers picks the first two they picked were Daniher replacements.

Great to see the our players welcoming the new Bloods to Sydney.
Hayden McLean in a moon boot.
Yes. Moon boy:D How many did you get right in the pic, SP?
hint I totally missed Stoddart now he’s got short hair
Gould looks like he’s permanently sunburnt for some reason

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to Ted (and anyone else I missed) who pre-draft said he was certain we'd take Stephens when all the experts said we'd pick Flanders.
Even Mr 80% got our selection wrong.
Given he's tracking at nearly 90%, Twomey's record with Sydney is terrible if there isn't an obvious Academy player.

Last edited:
Shout out to Ted (and anyone else I missed) who pre-draft said he was certain we'd take Stephens when all the experts said we'd pick Flanders.
Even Mr 80% got our selection wrong.
Given he's tracking at nearly 90%, Twomey's record with Sydney is terrible if there isn't an obvious Academy player.

Twomey said it would be between Stephens & Flanders, though that was after linking us with nearly every other player in the top 10.

Still his info was obviously pretty good.

Twomey said it would be between Stephens & Flanders, though that was after linking us with nearly every other player in the top 10.

Still his info was obviously pretty good.
From memory Twomey went late on the Stephens option and still locked Flanders in as his first choice for us. I was reading parts of the thread and Ted went Stephens a week out from the draft. What’s great from a Swans perspective is we have become the tightest-lipped team in the league which is invaluable in the era of live pick swaps.

An article from last year on how we measured draft statistics vs inherent bias

An article from last year on how we measured draft statistics vs inherent bias
absolutely.. stats is a big part and will become bigger in the future
I hope he got the algorithms correct which account for the different levels of competition in WA, SA compared to the TAC cup !! Looking good :)

didn't really work for Clarke and Thurlow. granted that Thurlow was the 3rd choice half back and cost p70 and I still think Clarke (p61) could play a role over the next few years

absolutely.. stats is a big part and will become bigger in the future
I hope he got the algorithms correct which account for the different levels of competition in WA, SA compared to the TAC cup !! Looking good :)

didn't really work for Clarke and Thurlow. granted that Thurlow was the 3rd choice half back and cost p70 and I still think Clarke (p61) could play a role over the next few years
With recruiting there’s always the salary cap issue to be taken into account.

Draft is a different kettle of fish.

With recruiting there’s always the salary cap issue to be taken into account.

Draft is a different kettle of fish.
Just listened to Horses post match round 23.. He was asked 'are the swans in for big trade period?'
replied 'Its not that easy.. theres the salary cap.. theres who's available.. you cant just go out and grab blokes'
Horse spoke about, 'of course we will try and get better'.. and confirmed how invested they are in the young crew

Really enjoyed watching the young crew play this year. Am looking forward and hoping to see more of McLean and Ronke get a good crack. Also Foot, McInerny and Ling and of course the new guys.. All very exciting
Reckon they did a great job with the whole trade and draft period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back