Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory Twomey went late on the Stephens option and still locked Flanders in as his first choice for us. I was reading parts of the thread and Ted went Stephens a week out from the draft. What’s great from a Swans perspective is we have become the tightest-lipped team in the league which is invaluable in the era of live pick swaps.

He went late but he still went with it. But it’s neither here nor there really, he’s hit and miss but I think he is clearly one of the more informed and connected journos out there.

Gotta say it again.. Soo stoked with this years draft
Warner.. a pure inside mid that tackles, smothers and wins contested footy
Taylor.. x factor forward, seems the skies the limit for this fella
Gould.. has everything our back 6 needs, and seems he could really contribute from round 1
Stephens.. Can do everything in the midfield and do it bloody well
Rowles.. know nothing about, but he got the gig ahead of a few so the recruiters see something there
Mailbaum.. great re-listing, reckon he would've played seniors last year if he didn't do his knee

great job team
Taylor's highlight reel is short but impressive. Nice snaps on both sides of his body. At the end where he does a nice pick up at pace and snaps truly his movements reminded me of the great Micky O, the way his long arms so easily scooped up the ball and snapped instinctively before straightening up. There's something special about that boy. Not quite as tall as Micky O but he's fast elusive and pretty good at selling candy.

I hope Taylor can settle in well, I know it can be especially hard for some indigenous players away from family but the Swans have a good record. Same goes for the other new guys. The Swans are pretty good at setlling players in and generating loyalty but there's always the odd Shannon Grant or Tom Mitchell who leave for the lure of home or cash. Sometimes it can be the player's other-half doing the pushing. Let's hope this lot feel they are part of an up and coming multi-Premiership new generation. Future legends.

Second photo looks like Gould is inappropriately touching himself.

So far this offseason you have speculated on whether a draftee's nickname is related to the size of their penis, expressed the desire for an ex-player to stop using contraception, and now are again drawing attention to a draftee's genital area... Maybe just stop?

Cheers mate!

I think Jones was an obvious pick for bombers, with or without Daniher they need young key forward depth as Stewart’s body is unreliable and McKernan struggles as the main target.

Think he has huge upside and his athletic profile is terrific. Personally I think Joe leaves to swans next year and that they will be kicking themselves for not doing a deal especially with live trading they could have used that pick 5 as a bargaining chip for an even better draft hand for 2020 which does have better talls.
NOOOOOO...puhhhhlease. Joe can go anywhere else but here. We don't need another broken down forward. We finally got Reid back on the field last year then lost Sinkers and Buddy struggled. We have enough fragile forwards.

NOOOOOO...puhhhhlease. Joe can go anywhere else but here. We don't need another broken down forward. We finally got Reid back on the field last year then lost Sinkers and Buddy struggled. We have enough fragile forwards.

Well at least next year we won't have to pay two first rounders for a bloke that can't get on the field! We only have to pay cash in the salary cap!

So far this offseason you have speculated on whether a draftee's nickname is related to the size of their penis, expressed the desire for an ex-player to stop using contraception, and now are again drawing attention to a draftee's genital area... Maybe just stop?
C'mon. It was reasonably subtle. Innuendo rather than innuface

Well at least next year we won't have to pay two first rounders for a bloke that can't get on the field! We only have to pay cash in the salary cap!
If Daniher doesn't get even close to a full season this year I think he might follow his brother Darcy into retirement

If Daniher doesn't get even close to a full season this year I think he might follow his brother Darcy into retirement

Not fussed either way, I'm just thrilled we didn't waste our picks this year on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to Ted (and anyone else I missed) who pre-draft said he was certain we'd take Stephens when all the experts said we'd pick Flanders.
Even Mr 80% got our selection wrong.
Given he's tracking at nearly 90%, Twomey's record with Sydney is terrible if there isn't an obvious Academy player.
My main reasoning was that he was one of the lower risk players in the top 8 that would be like to leave due to go home factor. Secondly he was also a ready to go player at senior level once he understood the game plan. I think we can all agree he is also a very likeable lad. Cheers Scotty🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back