Competitions 2019 AFL FANTASY competition for the ultra-cool Adelaide board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Okay suckers, it's time for the 2019 AFL Fantasy Comp!

The website is now open and has undergone a facelift to make it prettier and more user-friendly (it's not)

https://fantasy.afl.com.au/

Open League: KE6CW6S3

Select your players! (who'll get injured)
Pick the special hidden bargains! (they're not)
Tell your friends! (they already know)
Be number one! (just, no)

This is just a placeholder post, we'll set up leagues etc and we can all join in like last year and trash-talk each other more than usual. Post your scores from last year so you can be sorted into leagues if we have enough. There will (probably) also be an open league for highest score or something.

AFL First prize is a car or something. First prize here is a badge i think. Second prize is two badges. I don't know, i make it up as i go along.

For fun, post your teams for this year so people can point and laugh at you.

Check back in the OP for semi-regular updates etc

Last edited:
I'm in...ill update shortly

Edit - when I said 'shortly', I meant 'shortly' after the AFL sort out the history part of their website

Last edited:
Didn't play last year but would like to this year

Traditionally stink though so lowest Div please.

Can't ever bring myself to pick players I don't like. Never went with Kornes or Bowden or Rockliff types and my results reflected this.

Would love too, but I tend to go a little Rainman-ish when I play fantasy footy. And not in a good way!

Think i'll stick to the footy tipping!

Here we go. There may be a couple of good things in there; but the rest is likely to be pure, unadulterated crap.

DEFENDERS

Daniel Talia
DEF

Rory Laird
DEF

Matt Dea
DEF

Brodie Smith
DEF

Dylan Grimes
DEF

Tom Doedee
DEF

Interchange
Hugh Goddard
DEF

Connor Rozee
DEF / FWD

MIDFIELDERS

Zak Butters
MID

Luke Davies-Uniacke
MID

James Worpel
MID / FWD

Dustin Martin
MID

Rory Sloane
MID

Riley Knight
MID / FWD

Aiden Bonar
MID / FWD

Kamdyn McIntosh
MID

Interchange
Ned McHenry
MID / FWD

Nick Shipley
MID

RUCKS

Fraser McInnes
RUC

Max Gawn
RUC

Interchange
Zac Clarke
RUC

Callum Coleman-Jones
RUC / FWD

FORWARDS

Izak Rankine
FWD

Jack Riewoldt
FWD

Devon Smith
MID / FWD

Patrick Dangerfield
MID / FWD

Justin Westhoff
RUC / FWD

Darcy Fogarty
FWD

Interchange
Shane McAdam
FWD

Tyson Stengle
FWD

Future attempts are unlikely to be any better. I just simply suck at this.
A couple of hints. Don't pick key position players. Don't pick mid price players. Go for guns and rookies. Rookies only need to be placeholders for now. You can finalise rookies during JLT games.
(If you want a bargain, pick 1 or 2 max, and make sure they are proven, e.g. Brad Crouch or Dan Hannebery.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future attempts are unlikely to be any better. I just simply suck at this.
Pea Nut's advice above is good. If you're having difficulty looking for cheap players to offset the expensive ones I'd recommend looking towards mature aged players drafted recently, especially at the Suns as they're likely to have a few spots to fill in their best 22.

If you love a bit of AFL Fantasy, I'm part of a divisional league game thingo called DT Shiva - which is a draft style fantasy scoring league. It's for cash & prizes, and it's been going for 7 years (I only joined last year, but my mate has been in for most of that 7)

It's a bit of fun as well, bantering within your league.

Check it out!

(Mod approved post)

Hey folks - I just created a thread for people that ioght want to joing a Crows board AFL Fantasy draft league?

Check it out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back