Discussion 2019 AFL Finals Series - Week 3 Discussion (RICH v GEEL, COLL v GWS)

Who makes the Grand Final?

• Richmond

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Geelong

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Chris Scott going to get the chop? I'm surprised to see so many Cats fans dissatisfied with the direction he's taken the club. One final out of three ain't great. Allowing a forty point comeback in a PF sont great either? How demanding will the Cats admin be? Is near enough ok?

Is Chris Scott going to get the chop? I'm surprised to see so many Cats fans dissatisfied with the direction he's taken the club. One final out of three ain't great. Allowing a forty point comeback in a PF sont great either? How demanding will the Cats admin be? Is near enough ok?

He’s won one flag with a team he pretty much inherited and chock full of champion players, that might be it.

Boy, do they need Stuv now though 🤣🤣

Watching tonight, I have no idea why the Cats would sign Jack Steven. Clearly they're miles over the top on list age profile, nine 30 year olds already next year and still some of their most important players. Dangerfield, Selwood, Hawkins, Tuohy. Why would they add another one?

Certainly can't imagine they should trade anything particularly good for him. If they gave us Constable for Steven it would be ridiculous - a promising 20 year old for a 30 year old with a couple of years left.

What a great side they must have at Essendon is more relevant

Bachar Houli

Could not get a game.

Absolutely true.
I think Houli has been a brilliant player at the Tigers and, in fact, I would have made him Norm Smith medallist in their premiership year.

Agree that Houli was BOG. Got them back in the game and stood up when they were down.

Was Danger injured?

Bachar Houli was very good.

Agreed - bog for me. Stood up when it was needed then others finished the job.

Anybody else notice how the commentators rave on about the Tiges "chaos ball" strategy but forget to mention it when it results in a turnovers.

BT gives me the s***s and Bruce annoys the hell out of me with his fake orgasms every time a fav player goes near the ball.

PS - if you need any further evidence that drafting is an inexact "science" I give you Tim Kelly - the defence rests!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else notice how the commentators rave on about the Tiges "chaos ball" strategy but forget to mention it when it results in a turnovers.

BT gives me the s***s and Bruce annoys the hell out of me with his fake orgasms every time a fav player goes near the ball.

PS - if you need any further evidence that drafting is an inexact "science" I give you Tim Kelly - the defence rests!!!

I just cant stand Daisy Pearce, talk about jobs for the boys or girls, as soon as i hear her voice i hit mute, the same as i would for Underwood.

Hey Daisy anything to report on Grahams shoulder? yes it looks like hes hurt his right shoulder! riveting stuff

Wow, Dangerfield - an award winning dive.
Disgraceful.
I saw exactly what you were talking about . Rance got named and shamed for doing that but no word on Dangerfield of course.

Yeah all that 'Chaos stuff ' is just rubbish . They just have some good forwards in Lynch and OtherRoo and good small forwards . Yes they do just try to get it forward quickly but they still look for players when they can.

By the way how did Hawkins only get a week for that hit he did last week ? Really at attempt at a king hit when the ball was no where near them . Other players have got a couple weeks for accidental knock to the head or a clumsy attempt to spoil . I dont get the match review panel at all .

I just cant stand Daisy Pearce, talk about jobs for the boys or girls, as soon as i hear her voice i hit mute, the same as i would for Underwood.

Hey Daisy anything to report on Grahams shoulder? yes it looks like hes hurt his right shoulder! riveting stuff

She has an unfortunate voice for commentary - much like Cameron Ling.

And while we’re on the commentary ( no relevant thread, sorry) Bruce drives me completely insane with the sleazy, pseudo voice he puts on and the inevitable question he puts at the end of each statement - “Gee, he was terrrrific tonight, wasn’t he?” What adult actually says “Gee” anyway?

I can survive BT - just - but I think it’s ( past) time for Bruce.

She has an unfortunate voice for commentary - much like Cameron Ling.

And while we’re on the commentary ( no relevant thread, sorry) Bruce drives me completely insane with the sleazy, pseudo voice he puts on and the inevitable question he puts at the end of each statement - “Gee, he was terrrrific tonight, wasn’t he?” What adult actually says “Gee” anyway?

I can survive BT - just - but I think it’s ( past) time for Bruce.

Its like they have a script of cliches to get through, a lot of commentators are very annoying.

What a great side they must have at Essendon is more relevant

Bachar Houli

Could not get a game.

He was developing there. It's a bit like Tom Lynch for us or Phil Davis/ Jack Gunston at Adelaide. Maybe even like Steele. They wanted to keep him and were not happy he got pilfered.

Yeah all that 'Chaos stuff ' is just rubbish . They just have some good forwards in Lynch and OtherRoo and good small forwards . Yes they do just try to get it forward quickly but they still look for players when they can.

Richmond's backline is where they do all the damage, they always have an overlap in space. Their mids are nothing special but their run, precision and ball movement of HB make them very hard to control. They are pretty selfless too, always create space for each other. They are very system driven but skilled as well.

Absolutely true.
I think Houli has been a brilliant player at the Tigers and, in fact, I would have made him Norm Smith medallist in their premiership year.

When Richmond was stalling in his contract negotiations, we should have pounced, offered him two years at a slightly higher rate. He is still at the peak of his powers and would be a brilliant addition. Robbed of the Norm Smith in 2017 by "Dusty Mania".

Before the "we've got a dozen HBFs" brigade shout me down, I know we do. It's just we haven't got any nearly as good as him. A dangerous rebounder, beautiful kick and a human vaccuum cleaner across half back (cue Dr.S for a photoshop gem).

Does anyone know if he has signed the one year deal the Tiggies put in front of him, or has he stalled? If the latter, hop to it, Satan.

On a more disappointing note, he was called a "Bomb chucker" several times by a member of the Hillbilly intelligentsia. No action from security that I could see, although it stopped after a few goes and it sounded like the same campaigner on each occasion.

I did have a witty retort ready, based around the well worn Geelong related themes of incest, bestiality and auto eroticism in September, but as there were families present I resisted the urge.

When Richmond was stalling in his contract negotiations, we should have pounced, offered him two years at a slightly higher rate. He is still at the peak of his powers and would be a brilliant addition. Robbed of the Norm Smith in 2017 by "Dusty Mania".

Before the "we've got a dozen HBFs" brigade shout me down, I know we do. It's just we haven't got any nearly as good as him. A dangerous rebounder, beautiful kick and a human vaccuum cleaner across half back (cue Dr.S for a photoshop gem).

Does anyone know if he has signed the one year deal the Tiggies put in front of him, or has he stalled? If the latter, hop to it, Satan.

On a more disappointing note, he was called a "Bomb chucker" several times by a member of the Hillbilly intelligentsia. No action from security that I could see, although it stopped after a few goes and it sounded like the same campaigner on each occasion.

I did have a witty retort ready, based around the well worn Geelong related themes of incest, bestiality and auto eroticism in September, but as there were families present I resisted the urge.

I reckon Vlastuin was under rated in their premiership win. He was huge but no-one noticed. That backline group is ridiculous. Grimes is elite and then Vlastuin, Houli, Rance, McIntosh, Broad,Ellis, Astbury and Short etc are as strong as any line up in the AFL. So much of their quality is down back, their midfield is okay but comparing it to sides like Collingwood and the Dogs it's pretty light weight. There might have been something in Richo's madness. He also started the whiplash overlap from defence that Richmond perfected and Bombers don't do as well.

Back