TAB openers
20190826_070956.jpg

Last edited:

Resarenco

Team Captain
May 17, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting that the higher placed finishing team at home is the underdog in two matches. Must be the first time that has ever happened?

Interesting that the higher placed finishing team at home is the underdog in two matches. Must be the first time that has ever happened?

Just had a quick flick through and you would think so. My biggest learning was just how badly Port used to choke in the finals pre 2004 - sheesh

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
De Goey most finals goals @13 is pretty solid on SB final specials. He’s a lock to play vs Geelong and I got a strong feeling he will be parked at Full-Forward for the finals.
Kicked the most goals last year and Collingwood are well placed now to go deep again

benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wc line is about right based off form.
Geelong vs Pies gonna stay well clear.
Doggies just beat GWS up there so worth a nibble.

Really like Brissy at the price, winning the right stats (except the score) played much better than i thought they would on the weekend, just need to tweak a few things and now they are gonna be home with that extra bit of confidence.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wc line is about right based off form.
Geelong vs Pies gonna stay well clear.
Doggies just beat GWS up there so worth a nibble.

Really like Brissy at the price, winning the right stats (except the score) played much better than i thought they would on the weekend, just need to tweak a few things and now they are gonna be home with that extra bit of confidence.
Interesting.

I'm keen on Rich. Thought they were clearly better on the weekend with their forward and back lines working very well. Grimes shut down Cameron who obviously is the biggest threat. Cotchin gets a game under his belt.

Thought the Geel game was a good guide where they led for most of the game. I think Bris get found out come finals.

I'd expect Rich might not want to let Neale run riot next fame though.

Ess has the look of a team that might be happy to fall into the finals and will be experiencing a quick exit. 2 weeks ago WC were killing Rich at the MCG for a half before it started raining. Line might be ok if Ess don't get some of their injured players back.

Think i'll chuck a unit on Rich -4.5 and wait and see on the other games.

benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting.

I'm keen on Rich. Thought they were clearly better on the weekend with their forward and back lines working very well. Grimes shut down Cameron who obviously is the biggest threat. Cotchin gets a game under his belt.

Thought the Geel game was a good guide where they led for most of the game. I think Bris get found out come finals.

I'd expect Rich might not want to let Neale run riot next fame though.

Ess has the look of a team that might be happy to fall into the finals and will be experiencing a quick exit. 2 weeks ago WC were killing Rich at the MCG for a half before it started raining. Line might be ok if Ess don't get some of their injured players back.

Think i'll chuck a unit on Rich -4.5 and wait and see on the other games.

I was of the same opinion, had money on the tigers 40+ and 60+. Looking at this season and past seasons. Brissy at home are a much better side. Tigers although their record at the Gabba is decent are a very different side away from the MCG.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
De Goey most finals goals @13 is pretty solid on SB final specials. He’s a lock to play vs Geelong and I got a strong feeling he will be parked at Full-Forward for the finals.
Kicked the most goals last year and Collingwood are well placed now to go deep again
Stephenson will be back and is usually their deepest forward. De Goey can play up the ground more than Stephenson can; I'd take JS at $23 over DeGoey (which he has probably done himself too)

I like JDG too.

Gaff at $15 for most disposals is juicy. I can definitely see them winning a couple of finals, especially if they come up against Geelong in the SF.

Even if it is WCE v Coll in the SF, one of those two bets should be looking OK cause it guarantees that either JDG or Gaff plays a minimum of three games.

targett

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even with JDG and Stephenson returning i see JDG playing majority fwd with impact roles through the midfield,These hamstring,soft tissue concerns wont be condusive to long stints in the Mids .This wont effect is ability to hit the scoreboard in which he did last final series playing a similar role.
If only anyone other than SB offered this market 😕

Even with JDG and Stephenson returning i see JDG playing majority fwd with impact roles through the midfield,These hamstring,soft tissue concerns wont be condusive to long stints in the Mids .This wont effect is ability to hit the scoreboard in which he did last final series playing a similar role.
Topsport.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Yeh this was my thinking. I also think given our key position stocks he may take the FF role from Roughead, so that he can slot back into the backline. Could be wrong on this though. Either way I think he plays almost perma forward

targett

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeh this was my thinking. I also think given our key position stocks he may take the FF role from Roughead, so that he can slot back into the backline. Could be wrong on this though. Either way I think he plays almost perma forward
Absolutely , the cats have some tall fwds to contend with. He will be a lock down back .

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually really like Geelong,their teams finally settled with Narkle in now and Stanley looking ok in ruck,they had their flat spot but are perking up nicely for finals, MCG record a concern but this team is a lot pacier than the last few years. I'll be taking them over pies

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
I also like dogs gws 162.5 over, yes it's finals but dogs won't change a thing with fast ball movement and GWS play the same at home and could burn them on the turnover with the 3 tall forwards back in, EDIT: oh jeezus the forecast Saturday is 10-20 mm rain and thunderstorms, Better leave it alone, suppose to rain Thur/ Friday too huge amount Friday 25-40 mm!! Ground might not recover by Saturday even if the storms are gone by 3pm, will this total plummet?? Setting us up for a 10-20 pt middle?

Last edited:

DekaWing69

Rookie
Apr 16, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I also like dogs gws 162.5 over, yes it's finals but dogs won't change a thing with fast ball movement and GWS play the same at home and could burn them on the turnover with the 3 tall forwards back in, EDIT: oh jeezus the forecast Saturday is 10-20 mm rain and thunderstorms, Better leave it alone, suppose to rain Thur/ Friday too huge amount Friday 25-40 mm!! Ground might not recover by Saturday even if the storms are gone by 3pm, will this total plummet?? Setting us up for a 10-20 pt middle?

theres a bye this week.....

Back