2019 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jog on then , I hate the game style , but I always pay my membership. Maybe buy a Dons one .

I'll stick with the memberships I've paid for in 2019 thanks. If I want to go to a game in 2019 I have my SCG membership (I won't be going anyway for work reasons and family reasons next year- at least not at night). Why pay for another membership when we won't win and the gameplan is terrible. I'll use the money on something else.

Why pay for another membership when we won't win
And you know this how?

I would have thought a team that was one spot off first halfway into the season this year, with away wins against West Coast, Geelong and Hawthorn, would be a good chance to win a few games next year.

And you know this how?

I would have thought a team that was one spot off first halfway into the season this year, with away wins against West Coast, Geelong and Hawthorn, would be a good chance to win a few games next year.

Unless Horse is getting the boot, I'm realistic. A top 6-8 finish would be a very good season.

Unless Horse is getting the boot, I'm realistic. A top 6-8 finish would be a very good season.
Your shtick is getting old. "We'll lose games because of Horse". i.e. we'll lose games because of our coach that has a 117-54-2 coaching record. You never substantiate it with anything other than "our gameplan sucks". It's boring.

Being realistic would be saying: "we have a coach who has coached more than double as many wins as losses, therefore we are likely to win a few games next year."

Your shtick is getting old. "We'll lose games because of Horse". i.e. we'll lose games because of our coach that has a 117-54-2 coaching record. You never substantiate it with anything other than "our gameplan sucks". It's boring.

Being realistic would be saying: "we have a coach who has coached more than double as many wins as losses, therefore we are likely to win a few games next year."

I tell you what's old- the gameplan. Footy has moved on fro 65 points being a good score. To win flags you need to kick 100+ points regularly nowadays. All the preliminary finalists in 2018 did this. They all promote fast, attacking footy, we don't right at this moment. This might change, I hope it does.

That's rather simplistic and antagonistic.

A/ Half stirring bedford

B/ I actually think thats the general AFL attitude, that just take what you get and shut up, its the Sydney swans not south melbourne

More Vic games better for me, much easier to get to melbourne and i would traditionally get a vic membership

Great draw for the swans at first glance. Richmonds run home is ridiculous.

I tell you what's old- the gameplan. Footy has moved on fro 65 points being a good score. To win flags you need to kick 100+ points regularly nowadays. All the preliminary finalists in 2018 did this. They all promote fast, attacking footy, we don't right at this moment. This might change, I hope it does.
"I tell you what's old - the gameplan." So predictable. You're a broken record.

65 isn't a good score, and thankfully it's below average for us. We had a bad season, but it's pretty plain to see that a lot of the gameplan changes were forced by injury and a lack of experienced players. In 2017 we averaged 95 points per game in the regular season. That would have been the third most points per game this season. Better than the two winning Preliminary finalists.

From round 7 onwards, we averaged 102 per game. That would have been the second most this year, ahead of even Richmond. Can you stop acting like our failure to score points is a systemic problem? The only other recent season we struggled with scoring was 2015 when (surprise, surprise) we were also cruelled by injuries. Otherwise we've been above average, despite the bullshit people on here with short-term memories keep spewing.

"I tell you what's old - the gameplan." So predictable. You're a broken record.

65 isn't a good score, and thankfully it's below average for us. We had a bad season, but it's pretty plain to see that a lot of the gameplan changes were forced by injury and a lack of experienced players. In 2017 we averaged 95 points per game in the regular season. That would have been the third most points per game this season. Better than the two winning Preliminary finalists.

From round 7 onwards, we averaged 102 per game. That would have been the second most this year, ahead of even Richmond. Can you stop acting like our failure to score points is a systemic problem? The only other recent season we struggled with scoring was 2015 when (surprise, surprise) we were also cruelled by injuries. Otherwise we've been above average, despite the bullshit people on here with short-term memories keep spewing.

Each to their own, you think everything is rosy and injuries are the only excuse. Even so, you have to ask why we are carrying so many guys with long term injuries. That is a list management issue, and that is another thing I'm not thrilled about. Thankfully that is one thing we have improved this off season. I wasn't thrilled about our trade period but I was happy we delisted players that would have been of no help to us in 2019. I just wish we did that 2 years ago, our depth wouldn't have been so poor.

We need more dare in our play, we are way too safe, and very boring and extremely predictable. Players need to use to corridor. If we lose doing that, so be it, at least we are trying to score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own, you think everything is rosy and injuries are the only excuse. Even so, you have to ask why we are carrying so many guys with long term injuries. That is a list management issue, and that is another thing I'm not thrilled about. Thankfully that is one thing we have improved this off season. I wasn't thrilled about our trade period but I was happy we delisted players that would have been of no help to us in 2019. I just wish we did that 2 years ago, our depth wouldn't have been so poor.

We need more dare in our play, we are way too safe, and very boring and extremely predictable. Players need to use to corridor. If we lose doing that, so be it, at least we are trying to score.
I don't think everything is rosy and injuries are the only excuse. I said they played a big part, and history suggests they did. This season was closest to 2015 when we were also smashed by injuries.

In 2016 and 2017 with a fitter list we showed we were capable of still being one of the best teams in the competition. I don't think we're carrying more guys with long-term injuries than other teams. I think that's another myth. Care to list the players that we could have predicted would have regular long-term injury troubles this season before the season started? Reid? Johnson (who was rookie-listed anyway)? Who else? Hanners obviously had issues, but I don't think most predicted that.

I think we have problems keeping players fit. But most interestate clubs do.

I don't think everything is rosy and injuries are the only excuse. I said they played a big part, and history suggests they did. This season was closest to 2015 when we were also smashed by injuries.

In 2016 and 2017 with a fitter list we showed we were capable of still being one of the best teams in the competition. I don't think we're carrying more guys with long-term injuries than other teams. I think that's another myth. Care to list the players that we could have predicted would have regular long-term injury troubles this season before the season started? Reid? Johnson (who was rookie-listed anyway)? Who else? Hanners obviously had issues, but I don't think most predicted that.

I think we have problems keeping players fit. But most interestate clubs do.

The obvious one is Johnson, and whilst we loved the story and what not, wouldn't it have been better to have a solid mature aged player who was ready to play round 1 in reserve? We were basically playing 2 short all year with Reid as well, 1 short is bad enough let alone 2, especially as Sydney run with 38 players not 40 on our list. To me this is a list management issue as much as it's a football issue. We need 38 healthy and fit players, thankfully we might actually have that for the first time in 3 years next year!

The obvious one is Johnson, and whilst we loved the story and what not, wouldn't it have been better to have a solid mature aged player who was ready to play round 1 in reserve? We were basically playing 2 short all year with Reid as well, 1 short is bad enough let alone 2, especially as Sydney run with 38 players not 40 on our list. To me this is a list management issue as much as it's a football issue. We need 38 healthy and fit players, thankfully we might actually have that for the first time in 3 years next year!
Again, Johnson was a rookie. We ran with 39 players out of 40 and Reid was completely fit throughout the entire pre-season, so technically 40, because there was no way to predict Melican and Reid (arguably less so) would go down and Naismith would tear his ACL.

especially as Sydney run with 38 players not 40 on our list. To me this is a list management issue as much as it's a football issue.

We run two short on the senior list so we can have more players on the rookie list and thus more contract flexibility year to year. So regardless of two short on the senior list, we'll have two extra on the rookie list that are available to play. That fact you can't grasp this shows your lack of knowledge in list management overall yet again

We run two short on the senior list so we can have more players on the rookie list and thus more contract flexibility year to year. So regardless of two short on the senior list, we'll have two extra on the rookie list that are available to play. That fact you can't grasp this shows your lack of knowledge in list management overall yet again
Isn't this the fixture thread !
Champion Data who have no idea have us with the 7th hardest draw.

Has 52 given you spelling lessons lol

Nice one Bedhers.

Draw is ok although we again get ripped off on access to the G. It is ludicrous that we again play an away game against the Tiggers at Starvin Marvin Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back