Unofficial Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final: Carlton v Adelaide: Banter Thread: Carlton Supporters Welcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread needs to be re-named to the Adelaide vversus Carlton perpetual banter thread.

I thought it was for yesterday's game.

We won this round, let's see what happens next time.

It's been fun but I've moved on to next week's game.

Good luck for the remainder of the year.

On SM-T350 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's not generalize, I don't see the Gibbs trade as just 2 x 1st rounders and that deal has so many complexities, it is still open and intertwined to this day

Hence, I've always based my summary of that trade based on pick "wise", in summary Gibbs was trade for pick 10 + an early 3rd/late 2nd rounder (which ISN'T an "equivalent" 1st rounder) so Gibbs wasn't traded for 2 1st rounders. DONE & BYE.
P.S I need to get this across to Rucci and Kane Cornes as well, that would be way harder.....

Woo hoo
Go the typo !

Carlton used to be great

They been s**t for a long time
You didn’t answer - how’d your finals campaign go in 2017?

There is nothing s**tter than the supporter of a s**t club attempting to lay s**t on a club that’s been better than them for over 2 decades

Weak doesn’t even begin to describe the Carlton since the 90’s
Just a couple of questions for you, how did it feel getting spanked by us on the weekend?? All your talk about us being bad for two decades, how did it work out for you on Saturday??
Toweled up by one of the youngest teams in the comp. You team is old and slow, pathetic really.
Have you seen some of the threads on your board?? Don Pyke is a Spud, You dont owe the AFC anything, and so on. Go read some of them if you havent already.
Theres nothing i can say that your whiny, woeful, and miserable supporter base hasnt said about you already!! I really dont need to say anything, your deplorable fans have said it all for me. Just know this, most of the football public agrees with them about how s**t your club and coach are.
I would rather spend 20 years in navy blue and be on the bottom than have to say im a crows supporter!!
Did you see your supporter try to burn his guernsy after the game? Even he cant stand the thought of wearing your colours again. Wretched, contemptible excuse for a supporter.
I wish that copper had let him burn it. Would have been an awesome gif for the next decade or so.

Just a couple of questions for you, how did it feel getting spanked by us on the weekend?? All your talk about us being bad for two decades, how did it work out for you on Saturday??
Toweled up by one of the youngest teams in the comp. You team is old and slow, pathetic really.
Have you seen some of the threads on your board?? Don Pyke is a Spud, You dont owe the AFC anything, and so on. Go read some of them if you havent already.
Theres nothing i can say that your whiny, woeful, and miserable supporter base hasnt said about you already!! I really dont need to say anything, your deplorable fans have said it all for me. Just know this, most of the football public agrees with them about how s**t your club and coach are.
I would rather spend 20 years in navy blue and be on the bottom than have to say im a crows supporter!!
Did you see your supporter try to burn his guernsy after the game? Even he cant stand the thought of wearing your colours again. Wretched, contemptible excuse for a supporter.
I wish that copper had let him burn it. Would have been an awesome gif for the next decade or so.

As bad as we are right now, we're still in the 8 and Carlton isn't. In fact, Carlton hasn't achieved anything yet in 2019, apart from becoming competitive. A bad year for our club is narrowly missing the 8. For the past 20 years a good year for your club is not finishing bottom.

So yes, congratulations on a good win. But you might want to hold your fire on the hubris until your club has actually achieved something of note, given your past 20 years of abject failure and misery. We all remember "they know we're coming" and "can you smell what we're cooking". Nobody does hubris like Carlton.

The comparison of Pick 21 and Pick 16 is a realistic question, and hand on heart (and if the trade was the other way around), I would 100% still say Pick 21 in 2018 is worth equal/slightly more than Pick 16 in 2017 and I would have prefer Pick 21.

Fair enough.

Keeping your “hand on heart” (and putting away your club bias) at what Pick would you rate Pick 19 in last year’s draft relative to this year’s draft?

As bad as we are right now, we're still in the 8 and Carlton isn't. In fact, Carlton hasn't achieved anything yet in 2019, apart from becoming competitive. A bad year for our club is narrowly missing the 8. For the past 20 years a good year for your club is not finishing bottom.

So yes, congratulations on a good win. But you might want to hold your fire on the hubris until your club has actually achieved something of note, given your past 20 years of abject failure and misery. We all remember "they know we're coming" and "can you smell what we're cooking". Nobody does hubris like Carlton.
You misread my post. I wasnt bragging about how good we are, even though we are. I was bagging the hell out of your pathetic supporters and insipid team on the weekend. Its ok to say we are bad, we know it, but we increased our supporter base whereas all im seeing from your rancid club is people burning memberships, jumpers and the club as a whole, coaches and admin included. What use being in the 8 if your getting smacked around by us? When you drop out of the eight, then what? What will you rest your laurels on then?? Like i said, theres nothing terrible i can say about your team and club atm, that you yourselves havent said longer and better than i can. Enjoy your day, cause im gonna enjoy my week, might even watch the replay later just for good measure.
I hope you enjoy watching yours.

You misread my post. I wasnt bragging about how good we are, even though we are. I was bagging the hell out of your pathetic supporters and insipid team on the weekend. Its ok to say we are bad, we know it, but we increased our supporter base whereas all im seeing from your rancid club is people burning memberships, jumpers and the club as a whole, coaches and admin included. What use being in the 8 if your getting smacked around by us? When you drop out of the eight, then what? What will you rest your laurels on then?? Like i said, theres nothing terrible i can say about your team and club atm, that you yourselves havent said longer and better than i can. Enjoy your day, cause im gonna enjoy my week, might even watch the replay later just for good measure.
I hope you enjoy watching yours.

I didn't misread anything. Your post was moronic. Have a nice day :D

I think this thread should be closed, the Crows got the equivalent of a second rounder back, therefore they are gods

I don't think many Adelaide supporters will care what you do next year, as long as you continue to suck for the rest of this season. Personally though, I don't see a charge up the ladder coming for Carlton but you never know, another year of development into Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer, Jones, Lobbe, Fasolo, Phillips, Ed Curnow, Thomas, Phillips and the like might be all that is needed.
This post aged well.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A second round draft pick is actually a first rounder because it is part of the Gibbs deal.

This pick is the centrepiece of Crows supporters’ belief that they didn’t give up two first rounders for Gibbs. And generally, they seem happy with what that pick turned into - Will Hamill and Carlton’s second rounder this year, probably going live around pick 25. Potentially, it’s a good return, though when you consider what GWS and Carlton took from that exchange (Setterfield and Hill), theirs appears the least valuable return of the three thus far.

He was the stocking filler.

Your pick 28 (which you also kindly gave SOS for Menzel) was turned into:

Philips who gave your gun ruckman a bath yesterday

AND

Plowman who killed your lads yesterday too.

So to answer your question - “very nicely and thank you” 😆😆😆😆😆

Wait we turned Menzel into Plowman & Philips? Oh that’s hilarious. Well done on that one Crows. Thanks for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read my post before the game where I said we’d lose

Unlike you , I’m not spending years defending wooden spoon finishes

Not sure one game wipes away decades of failure but I guess Blues supporters like you latch onto it as your GF

I am actually quite happy Blues are coming good - but look at what you’ve gone through to get there

I want change at my club. And I want it before we end up bottom 4

I think you’re one of the flogs other Carlton supporters call

a flog

tenor.gif

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

It's over. We lost.

Let's start planning to lose to the Saints!

(thanks to all the Carlton supporters who took this thread in the correct spirit and didn't create work for the moderators. best of luck for the rest of the season, except for winning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back