Unofficial Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final: Carlton v Adelaide: Banter Thread: Carlton Supporters Welcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst win loss record in the modern era for at least 50 games.

C Curnow 17% 10-48 the supposed gun
N Robinson BL 18%
Z Fisher 20% 10-41 another supposed gun
J Silvagni 20% 11-44 yet another supposed gun.

& Carlton players fill 3 of the next 4 positions too... & all supposed guns.

For what it's worth, this is the first time we've rebuilt on purpose
That's nice.

But all the other times you fell down the table didn't you all think; "this time we're on the right track" ???

Last edited:

Weitering, Curnow, Mckay, Walsh, Petrevski-Seton, Stocker, Dow, Cripps, Cuningham, Murphy, Kruezer yep all our first rounders are duds.

Has Sloane won an AFL AFLCA MVP like Marc Murphy?

Id take Murphy's career any day over Sloane's

Most losses by an AFL player.

M Murphy 159 is in 3rd position... do you think he can overtake K Simpson on 202 games?

Who has a better winning record as captain - Sloane or Murphy?
Ah yes, the undisputed proof of who is a better individual player, how their team has performed as a whole.

So Nick Maxwell was a far better individual player than Sloane judging by premierships as captain right?

Somehow you guys seem to be getting dumber as the thread goes on, amazing I know, but apparently possible.

Where’s all this ‘young talent’ you speak of.Whats happened to Darcy Fogarty?And then there’s all your whipping boys:
Douglas,McKay,Atkins etc.
Mate if you think that the crows will improve quicker than Carlton then your delusional.The spine is where it starts:
Talia (27)
Keath (27)
Sloane (29)
Walker (29)
Jenkins(30)

v
Jones (28)
Weitering (21)
Cripps (24)
Curnow (22)
Mckay (21)

BTW one of the reasons SOS traded that pick was this years draft is not a strong one.Very happy with our pick Stocker looks a gun already.Anyway nice to have some friendly banter maybthe best team win Saturday.
Don't worry about them, they are developing nicely in the SANFL (similar to what Doedee and O'Brien had to do) and will be unleash next year.

Ah yes, the undisputed proof of who is a better individual player, how their team has performed as a whole.

So Nick Maxwell was a far better individual player than Sloane judging by premierships as captain right?

Somehow you guys seem to be getting dumber as the thread goes on, amazing I know, but apparently possible.
Just refer to the post above.

3rd most losses ever in the AFL.

Facts don't lie...

Can I assume this logic makes Premiership Pieboy Blair better than Betts?

Thought so.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet all he needs is 2 more finals wins to be level with Sloane. Sloane must really be average to have only won 2 more finals than the player who has been involved in the 3rd most losses in AFL?
Lol, well we know there is zero chance of that hppening!

Carlton playing finals lol. You are still closer to winning yet another spoon.

Stick to what you know best...

the last rebuild would have worked, but unfortunately the best player we drafted from 2009-2012 was troy menzel...but i don't have to tell you how bad he was.
Sam Kerridge....yes he looked good in his first year but at the end he only last a few years longer before he got delisted but that was at Carlton (so you need to take that into perspective).

Sam Kerridge....yes he looked good in his first year but at the end he only last a few years longer before he got delisted but that was at Carlton (so you need to take that into perspective).
kerridge had no talent but at least he worked hard. I had time for him as a carlton player.

But menzel is that mate who's too lazy to get up off the couch to see if he's sitting on the remote

the last rebuild would have worked, but unfortunately the best player we drafted from 2009-2012 was troy menzel...but i don't have to tell you how bad he was.
If I had to guess I'd say that Carlton fans were optimistic about the new eras they were embarking on with Wayne Brittain, Denis Pagan, Chris Judd, Robbie Warnock, Brett Ratten, KruezerGibbsMurphy, Mick Malthouse, Chris Yarran, Kane Lucas, Matthew Watson, Brendan Bolton... and now the caretaker who your Footy Director has dubbed Training Wheels Teague.

It's heart warming that experience has not damaged your spirit.

What would you like us to do? You support your club through thick and thin, the word conditional doesn't exist among Carlton supporters.
I honestly dont think we as fans would have a choice in the matter, if the club stays up and running of course you still support it, but it wouldnt be our choice to dissolve it. Do you ever think if North or the Western Bulldogs had the 20 year run Carlton has had, would they still exist?

I think SA should only have one team, we don't have the population or intrest to continuously support two clubs here. I hate showdows not because of my dislike for Port but how the supporters of both clubs react after the match, its increasingly more Violent, I haven't been to the last 3 home showdowns ive given my ticket to a mate, I made the mistake of going to a Port home showdown once and legit feared for my life.

I was so amazed when i went to a game in Melbourne between Geelong and Melbourne and fans were sitting with each other and laughing together on the way to games and after grabbing beers together like nothing happened. Here its like two alpha Lions fight for dominance and when one loses they leave with their tail between their legs while the other shows off and gloats.

If I had to guess I'd say that Carlton fans were optimistic about the new eras they were embarking on with Wayne Brittain, Denis Pagan, Chris Judd, Robbie Warnock, Brett Ratten, KruezerGibbsMurphy, Mick Malthouse, Chris Yarran, Kane Lucas, Matthew Watson, Brendan Bolton... and now the caretaker who your Footy Director has dubbed Training Wheels Teague.

It's heart warming that experience has not damaged your spirit.
Blane Boekorst feels bad as he has been forgotten yet again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back