Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final chat - Richmond Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

My girlfriend picked the Giants to be her team this year before the season starts, and now they're in a Grand Final. I've been a North supporter for over 20 years and I've never got to see us do the same.

Extremely jealous of both teams, hopefully its us in the not too distant future. Can't wait to head down to the G on Grand Final day and feel the excitement.

I don't get how anyone here can support Richmond this week. Plastic club or not, GWS win would feel like there was no premiership won at all in 2019, and we can all go back to square one in 2020. But seeing Richmond ferals with their colors all summer is a different proposition altogether. I would even be willing to donate some money to ensure Richmond don't win.

If GWS win they will justify giving them a shitload of picks and every time a shithouse franchise club hits the skids (Gold Coast atm) they will probably feel why don't we give these arseholes a free ride at the expense of every club who is battling away with the crap left over.

If GWS win they will justify giving them a s**tload of picks and every time a s**thouse franchise club hits the skids (Gold Coast atm) they will probably feel why don't we give these arseholes a free ride at the expense of every club who is battling away with the crap left over.
It's too late to be justifying anything. Fact is they got what they got, as did GC. One used their gifts wisely, one failed miserably. But it's all in the past. GWS flag would be the most harmless of all to deal with for other clubs' supporters, as there are basically zero GWS supporters in any office or workplace in the country. If you are unlucky enough to find one, you will not even take them seriously.

In their early years when they were becoming dominant, I was concerned they could win multiple flags, but given how they've gone over the last 3 years, their list demographic and their 6th finish, I don't think they will turn into a juggernaut regardless of Saturday's result.

My girlfriend picked the Giants to be her team this year before the season starts, and now they're in a Grand Final. I've been a North supporter for over 20 years and I've never got to see us do the same.

Extremely jealous of both teams, hopefully its us in the not too distant future. Can't wait to head down to the G on Grand Final day and feel the excitement.

You met a girl with no existing club allegiance and she somehow didn't become a North supporter?

What's going on?

A lot resting on how Davis pulls up imo. Absolutely pivotal - especially with Lynch being full of confidence. I hate Davis but he is an absolute colossus of a defender - rarely beaten.

Next factor is Whitfield getting up. Surely he'll do all he can to play. The AFL might buy one of those medical pods from 'Elysium' just to make sure he gets up.

Who does de Boer go to? Has to be Dusty. Dusty was so pissed off during Rd3 that he flipped off the crowd, made snorting gestures to mumford, and was suspended for striking. He only got 15 possessions - i know it doesn't take much for martin as showcased by his 14d and 6 goal effort against Brisbane but de Boer should do whatever he can to upset Dusty. I think too many taggers are scared to upset Dusty (probably because with his family ties you'd be worried about ending up in a river) but he'd be very easy to rattle and I'd like to see more people give him s**t. If I was a tagger I'd mock his s**t tattoos and haircut before the bounce and see what happens. De Boer has kept Pendles, Bont and Neale to <20 possessions. That's a hell of a resume going into the GF. If Martin plays forward more I'd move DeBoer to the meatball - he was huge in their game against Geelong.

Himmelberg needs to have a big game. Greene was man of the match in their last encounter 34d and 2.1. Cameron kicked 3.4. Himmelberg needs to keep his opponent honest so they don't zone off to help Grimes or Astbury.

GWS needs to put time into Houli. He's too dangerous with the ball in hand. He tore Geelong up and had 30d last time these 2 teams played.

For the love of god I hope this bullshit franchise team wins.

The AFL must be laughing. Win-win for them. Richmond win and they make a killing on merch post-game. Giants win and they turn into Sydney 2.0 - a franchise with a tiny bit of legitimacy and a lot of new bandwagon supporters.

As for the game, I have GWS as clear favourites. Not sure what the punters are thinking but they've got it all wrong imho.

During their poor run a couple of months ago, GWS was missing two or three of their forwards each match. It was a smhemozzle.

Imagine our team this year with no Brown, Larkey or Zurhaar. That is what happened to GWS. All of those players are back now.

Richmond belted a hapless Brisbane and were on the ropes against Geelong. They are a very good side, nothing more.

GWS hit their straps at any time during the first quarter and they could blow this one wide apart.

And I for one am looking forward to seeing it. Nothing against Richmond, I like them, but this will be an epic 'underdog' win.

An 'underdog' win where the 'underdog' is bigger, stronger, more skilled, and has more to play for.

Can't believe the odds.

Hope Richmond smash the living suitcase out of these pricks, I don't want GWS to be successful... EVER!!!!

I don't get this. Clubs like Richmond are the reason we ended up with GWS & GC to start with (because they were happy to have us knifed to protect their Melbourne derby's and then they just rolled over on the AFL's plans for expansion when we gave them the middle finger). Make no mistake, the "big" Melbourne clubs are not our friends - they're half the reason we've been living on dregs for decades.

I have no real attraction for GWS either but they exist soley because certain clubs with clout (barring a belligerent and cashed up Hawthorn) let the AFL come up with and implement brain fart ideas without rocking the boat because they don't want to give up their constant set of playing each other twice 9 years out of 10 in a competition where half the clubs don't come from Vic. It is their greed and wish to maintain the status quo scheduling which hasn't been practical since the late 90's that has this club in a Grand Final against Richmond.

I'm personally hoping that a black hole spontaneously erupts at the MCG, swallows all the lovely supporters and corporate sycophants up, then winks out of existence shortly after commencement of the game so we can all pretend this year's premiership never existed.

I don't get how anyone here can support Richmond this week. Plastic club or not, GWS win would feel like there was no premiership won at all in 2019, and we can all go back to square one in 2020. But seeing Richmond ferals with their colors all summer is a different proposition altogether. I would even be willing to donate some money to ensure Richmond don't win.

Ha ha, yep. Plus imagine how GC will feel, let alone those poor purple bastards in WA who haven't got the lollies in two decades. That's some prime level suffering. Also, we can enjoy the AFL randomly removing benefits from GWS once they start winning stuff - because they want them competitive, but they know that the more often they win finals the less money that ends up in their pockets in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on a role so here goes
Pick WA 18's to win the carnival✅
Pick Subi to win the WAFL GF✅
Going for the trifecta with Richmond ?

I don't get this. Clubs like Richmond are the reason we ended up with GWS & GC to start with (because they were happy to have us knifed to protect their Melbourne derby's and then they just rolled over on the AFL's plans for expansion when we gave them the middle finger). Make no mistake, the "big" Melbourne clubs are not our friends - they're half the reason we've been living on dregs for decades.

I have no real attraction for GWS either but they exist soley because certain clubs with clout (barring a belligerent and cashed up Hawthorn) let the AFL come up with and implement brain fart ideas without rocking the boat because they don't want to give up their constant set of playing each other twice 9 years out of 10 in a competition where half the clubs don't come from Vic. It is their greed and wish to maintain the status quo scheduling which hasn't been practical since the late 90's that has this club in a Grand Final against Richmond.

I'm personally hoping that a black hole spontaneously erupts at the MCG, swallows all the lovely supporters and corporate sycophants up, then winks out of existence shortly after commencement of the game so we can all pretend this year's premiership never existed.

Ha ha, yep. Plus imagine how GC will feel, let alone those poor purple bastards in WA who haven't got the lollies in two decades. That's some prime level suffering. Also, we can enjoy the AFL randomly removing benefits from GWS once they start winning stuff - because they want them competitive, but they know that the more often they win finals the less money that ends up in their pockets in the long run.
Yep, yep, yep, i hear all that...I've lived in NSW all my life, supported North for 49 years, I don't give a s**t, I hate the Sydney sides and will gladly barrack for anyone who plays them. I'm far removed from your Suburban tribal rivalry, so I kind of understand your "I don't get this" statement, but I won't budge for a second on my attitude toward them .... we're still here, stronger than ever as a club.

I think this is my favourite BF post, possibly ever. .......bang! did we just become best friends ( from stepbrothers)
Richmond were the arseholes, or mainly their president, from memory, who blocked the lions north merger.
They stormed out of the Brownlow when Keithy won too.....w***ers.
Essendon tried to block us joining the vfl.
Collingwood had an issue with us having stripes and flat out refuse to have an away strip.
Blues tried to buy us as well.
Even the media run different story angles depending on the club and their clout.
The big clubs are 5 star pricks, they luv us being smaller and not a threat. They’d rather a 6 team competition if truth be told.
I would luv GWS to smash the tigers this weekend, not confident though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back