Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad_Hatter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I hope the Cats players were watching the game and realising what it takes.
A team of 22 all pulling together, all playing for each other and not themselves and a willingness to RUN all freaking day.
Richmond are probably the fittest team in the comp due to their gamestyle, but it works, it's "chaos" footy but it's controlled because they all do what they have to do.
Really there's only 1 ego in that team, Martin, but they play and cover to allow him to play like that (plus he basically stays forward 80% of the game now).

Clearly though the tigers could have threatened 119 if Grimes played in the ruck instead of Nankervis.

Baby Duck

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Surely Ralph is just taking the piss now with the whole Pickett story:

Jesus. Why is everyone losing their heads over it? Richmond could have brought in an inanimate carbon rod and it still would have had a great game against those orange witches hats. GWS were not prepared for that game at all.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vdubs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 1, 2008
48 J 09
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal
I hope the Cats players were watching the game and realising what it takes.
A team of 22 all pulling together, all playing for each other and not themselves and a willingness to RUN all freaking day.
Richmond are probably the fittest team in the comp due to their gamestyle, but it works, it's "chaos" footy but it's controlled because they all do what they have to do.
Really there's only 1 ego in that team, Martin, but they play and cover to allow him to play like that (plus he basically stays forward 80% of the game now).

Clearly though the tigers could have threatened 119 if Grimes played in the ruck instead of Nankervis.
If Martin is their only ego, it further proves how far they have come, because he is anything but ego. He is the outstanding player in the comp, and is capable of a third NS. But your post is spot on. They ALL play for each other and talk about being blood brothers. Something happened down there pre 2017 and it has completely galvanised them.

Max Milburn

Premiership Player
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
I started the GF hoping GWS would snuff the Tigers out.
Finished off thinking well done Richmond.
Forget their horrible fans, the players are committed and devoted to each other and the colours they wear.
I like a lot of their players, and even think better of Dusty after that performance.
He's a bogan, but he's a team oriented bogan and he has performed when needed.
Watching them waiting for every team member and sundry to join the circle for the song was informative.
I'd like to hope Geelong has the same camaraderie at least building within the inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom