Review 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS Saturday Sept 28th MCG 2.30pm

Who will win the 2019 AFL Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is Prestia - i know everyone raves about Martin - but if i was picking one out of their team - Prestia would be a close 2nd - his game last week in the 2nd half 0f the PF was similar to Mitchell in the 13 PF - crucial to their team getting over the line

Dont know how many games he has played for Richmond - but if he keeps playing the way he is - well i think Dale Weightman is in their team of the century but Prestia is just so much better

Few Richmond supporters I know have very confidently tipped him to win their Best and Fairest. Very good player.

That perspective - the idea that teams that win two flags are *always* better than teams that win one - only makes sense if you operate on the self-evidently absurd assumption that every era is of footy equally high standard and every premiership winner has to face equally difficult teams to win.

As far as I'm concerned teams that win one premiership in a high standard era, with high standard rivals, is clearly better than a team that win two flags in a weak era with weak direct rivals. Collingwood 2010 for example was a miles better side than either of the Richmond 2017/19 sides, and history should judge them as such. Huge gulf on quality.
What about the Hawthorn 3-peat? Impressive because they backed up. But deduct points because they timed their run while every other team was stuck with a heavily diluted draft and did it against interstate teams.

How good is Prestia - i know everyone raves about Martin - but if i was picking one out of their team - Prestia would be a close 2nd - his game last week in the 2nd half 0f the PF was similar to Mitchell in the 13 PF - crucial to their team getting over the line

Dont know how many games he has played for Richmond - but if he keeps playing the way he is - well i think Dale Weightman is in their team of the century but Prestia is just so much better
Reminds me a bit of Leigh Montagna/Daniel Kerr in size and movement. He’s a strange sized player. Clearly not a big mid or a super athletic kid. Just a solid, strong footballer. It makes a lot of sense in hindsight that they paid so much for him when trading with GC.

Water worked nicely.

Felt quite therapeutic too. I implore you all to try it next time you have a suitable height from which to throw water on feral Richmond fans and they can do nothing about it.

:D

Eliza's reply via text (told her what you did): "they probably needed a bath anyway" :tearsofjoy:

Yeah its a big story- newsbreak is leading with it.

Remanded in custody.

Hope the police officer is ok.
just meansthat now Toby will plead parental environment, its not his fault, some psychologist will come out and agree and he'll get off the next 42 MRP booking he gets as a "product of his environment. "

So next, can we get footage of Jack Hawkins going the biff on a bull or something.

An yes... all the above is just 100% made up BS

GO Catters

What about the Hawthorn 3-peat? Impressive because they backed up. But deduct points because they timed their run while every other team was stuck with a heavily diluted draft and did it against interstate teams.

I do deduct a few points off them for both those reasons but ultimately I rate those Hawks teams higher than certain other teams who won premierships in weaker eras simply due to the level of football they produced.

I do deduct a few points off them for both those reasons but ultimately I rate those Hawks teams higher than certain other teams who won premierships in weaker eras simply due to the level of football they produced.
Agree with this but still think the interstate teams, as a rule are real easy beats in the GF’s. Rarely turn up for more than one quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed,the Qualifier was the game we need to win to be a show.

Yes...but looking at it objectively, we probably would have been walloped in the GF...

The Stanley omission based on the weather was mind bogglingly bad......took us till halfway through the second quarter to get going and after that we were better than the Pies...all too late.

Idk re. the qualifying, yes having the week off is usually a positive.. but for us? Is it really?

Our best chance was to beat Tigers Saturday in the prelim. Just couldnt get there :(

Yeah. Was/is it a fitness thing? Richmond finished that game full of beans and we looked absolutely knackered. I know Geelong usually finishes games off strong but it looks like we were the dopes getting roped this time. Threw all our punches in the first half and NEARLY canvassed the bastards.

I raved about Prestia last week before our Prelim, and was lol'd by many on this board. Glad you recognise real talent. And he hurt us last week.

Yeah. Was/is it a fitness thing? Richmond finished that game full of beans and we looked absolutely knackered. I know Geelong usually finishes games off strong but it looks like we were the dopes getting roped this time. Threw all our punches in the first half and NEARLY canvassed the bastards.
They are incredibly fit. The way they play is high energy and demanding, yet they keep it up for 4 quarters.
The bye left them looking off their game in the first half, but the rapidity of their turnaround in the second half was a big statement about them as a flag team.

They are incredibly fit. The way they play is high energy and demanding, yet they keep it up for 4 quarters.
The bye left them looking off their game in the first half, but the rapidity of their turnaround in the second half was a big statement about them as a flag team.

Geelong had their chance to get a sizeable half time lead ( more than 21 pts )

Of all the missed chances in the 2nd qtr ( given the state of the game ) i reckon the Blicavs miss was the real killer
Kelly goals in the 1st minute of the 2nd qtr to make it 5 goals to 3 - within 1-2 minutes max - Blicavs has the set shot - converts its 6 goals to 3 - at about the 3 minute of the 2nd qtr - with all the momentum

Geelong had their chance to get a sizeable half time lead ( more than 21 pts )

Of all the missed chances in the 2nd qtr ( given the state of the game ) i reckon the Blicavs miss was the real killer
Kelly goals in the 1st minute of the 2nd qtr to make it 5 goals to 3 - within 1-2 minutes max - Blicavs has the set shot - converts its 6 goals to 3 - at about the 3 minute of the 2nd qtr - with all the momentum
Imagine yesterday how uglier the scores would have been for GWS if Castagna, who played well, had converted. I think he was like 1 OOTF and 4 behinds. Fortunately for them, plenty of their team was on. For us, it seemed to lead others into their shells.

Interesting stat on main board.
In the 2011 GF, pies laid 108 tackles and Geelong took 21 contested marks.
This year’s GF, 109 tackles laid and 21 marks between both teams.
Now that 2011 was a great final between 2 great teams.

Agree.
That was my favourite of the 3 because we were emphatically better than the #1 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back