AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2019: Richmond v GWS

Who will be premiers?

• Tigers

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the Giants get up for their first flag. All this crap about how they've been handed everything is just that. Look at the Gold Coast, even back to Fremantle, starting a new franchise is bloody tough and they have done absolutely everything right. They've lost more good players than anyone else in the league but have been able to hold on and attract some too. Richmond also won one a couple years ago.
Plus how good would it be to see that dirty little campaigner Greene win a flag?

Hope the Giants get up for their first flag. All this crap about how they've been handed everything is just that. Look at the Gold Coast, even back to Fremantle, starting a new franchise is bloody tough and they have done absolutely everything right. They've lost more good players than anyone else in the league but have been able to hold on and attract some too. Richmond also won one a couple years ago.
Plus how good would it be to see that dirty little campaigner Greene win a flag?

They've literally had about 30 first rounders. It's more an indictment on the Gold Coast that an endorsement of the Giants.

As much as I want Giants to win as underdogs I'm not sure I can accept that if they do they will equal us for Premierships. Can you swallow that pill?

Their first couple seasons getting flogged isnt a hard road. Try being a Saints supporter your whole life.

St Kilda Football club est 1873....(146 years)
1966 Premiership

Greater Western Sydney 2012....(8 years)
2019?

Let it all sink in and get back to me....

Yes....it's a bit of a hard pill to swallow Sniffy but after the Dogs then the Tigers won the cup....my angst and anger has really faded.

It's just the way it is and I've come to terms with it.

Things happen that we have absolutely no control over.

Adelcame into the comp in 1991.....won it on 1997(YUK)….7 seasons.

Eagles came in in 1987.....won it in 1992......................6 seasons.

I'm at peace with it....well....not really now I think about it...lol.

Anyone sitting on the fence just needs to see lennys reaction here.

That's priceless.....good on him.

I've never seen Lennythat animated before that close up.

Imagine the sheer relief winning after that absolute pressure cooker last 10 mins.

Amon's reaction is pure Gold...…….loved seeing Eddie shuffling off too.

Imagine the sheer relief winning after that absolute pressure cooker last 10 mins.

It's a dumb question but why does Ed always walk through the MCC to get to the rooms. There's a lift behind the Olympic stand that goes the same way!

It's a fantastic gif.

Lenny.
Amon.
Leon Cameron celebrating by himself.
The reflection of the players on the bench reacting.
Eddie.

10/10 would watch again.

We know the sister of a player and my son has always had them as his second team because of it. I have mates that follow the Tigers who have become the most obnoxious flogs since they turned it around as well. They bagged their club unmercifully for years and the moment they won a flag have pretended that they were always on board and act like they were always the greatest club in the land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I want Giants to win as underdogs I'm not sure I can accept that if they do they will equal us for Premierships. Can you swallow that pill?

Their first couple seasons getting flogged isnt a hard road. Try being a Saints supporter your whole life.

1966 Premiership

2019?

I didn't realise you were over 140 years old.

1966 Premiership

2019?

Yup. And it's 10 years, they joined 2009, debuted in 2012 in a playing capacity due to lessons from GCS after scuttling the North idea in the 90's.

What they don't have is history, as such when compared to a foundation club such as ourselves, ultimately would mean congrats, but like Freo or GCS winning one just means they bought it instead of earning it through AFL engineering.

The number might end up the same, but much like the Pies sucking the fat one and challenging, that's the only similarity.

OK, by all means call me childish and small minded...but if I can’t have the big shiny toy I don’t want any of my Victorian brothers and sisters to have it either!
☺️☺️☺️

Carn the Giants! 🏆

I'm offloading my ticket, front row Level 4 wing. DM me.

OK, by all means call me childish and small minded...but if I can’t have the big shiny toy I don’t want any of my Victorian brothers and sisters to have it either!
☺☺☺

Carn the Giants! 🏆

Yeah it's like a new guy has joined your old social group. You don't have any baggage with the new guy. He hasn't gone home when it was his round, dated your girlfriend after you broke up or borrowed a wheel barrow he never brought back. Well yet any way.

Yup. And it's 10 years, they joined 2009, debuted in 2012 in a playing capacity due to lessons from GCS after scuttling the North idea in the 90's.

What they don't have is history, as such when compared to a foundation club such as ourselves, ultimately would mean congrats, but like Freo or GCS winning one just means they bought it instead of earning it through AFL engineering.

The number might end up the same, but much like the Pies sucking the fat one and challenging, that's the only similarity.

and West Coast & Adelaide not buying theirs , had an entire state to pick from the WAFL & SANFL

Been pretty interesting the arrogance of the Tigers supporters nauseating of late.

We had our chances ...2004 - 2010 ...really think we are not that far away contrary to the negative on here.

Yeah it's like a new guy has joined your old social group. You don't have any baggage with the new guy. He hasn't gone home when it was his round, dated your girlfriend after you broke up or borrowed a wheel barrow he never brought back. Well yet any way.

I’ve also decided that it’s not the fault of the players that the club was given the huge hand up it was to start out and many of them have stayed there since the beginning which probably wasn’t easy.

They also won that game missing four of their big stars against a De Goey out from the Pies. Yes, Greene was self-inflicted, but Cogs, Whitfield, Deledio and Ward out was huge for them.

Back