List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

grumbleguts

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tully FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To be honest, if the shoe was on the other foot we would all be saying exactly the same.

The mutual hate between the 2 clubs runs deep
To be honest if the shoe were on the other foot, we might say it, but Hawthorn wouldn't do it. (Not to screw over Assendon at least.) Whereas Assendon WOULD do it just to screw over Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alite

All Australian
Nov 5, 2014
Snowtown
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Gould does a few things quite well, but his deficiencies are glaring and likely to be exposed further at senior level, while his strength is less likely to confer similar advantages.

His best attributes are his kicking, aggression and initiative, but I wouldn't want him playing on a small forward 1 on 1, or even a smart medium like Gunston or Breust. They would take him to the cleaners every time.

He moves with all the sprightliness of an old man who picked up a 20 year old beauty the night before - and looks like a fatter version of a fat Luke Hodge.
His kicking does look a treat, but I wouldn't want to pick him up in the first 20-30 picks, mostly because of his body-type and poor athleticism.
He would have to work hard to reach the required level, and maybe he is the kind of kid who will - which begs the question: why isn't he in better shape now?

Pass for us.

If Gould got fit... like Fyfe fit... how good would he be through the middle.

Sydney Kicker

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is just fan rubbish. It's an 18 team comp, not a two team one. If Maginness is number 1 on their prioritised list when their pick comes around they will take him. Otherwise they will take the player who is. No one goes into the draft looking to screw over another team at the expense of their own outcomes. Even Dodoro. He's made enough enemies in the trading period without worsening relationships with other teams through the draft as well.

rogiebear93

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Gould does a few things quite well, but his deficiencies are glaring and likely to be exposed further at senior level, while his strength is less likely to confer similar advantages.

His best attributes are his kicking, aggression and initiative, but I wouldn't want him playing on a small forward 1 on 1, or even a smart medium like Gunston or Breust. They would take him to the cleaners every time.

He moves with all the sprightliness of an old man who picked up a 20 year old beauty the night before - and looks like a fatter version of a fat Luke Hodge.
His kicking does look a treat, but I wouldn't want to pick him up in the first 20-30 picks, mostly because of his body-type and poor athleticism.
He would have to work hard to reach the required level, and maybe he is the kind of kid who will - which begs the question: why isn't he in better shape now?

Pass for us.

Gould shares a lot of similarities with Aaron Francis from the 2015 draft for mine. Francis went a earlier than he should have and it didn't take long to see why.

Could still be genuinely good player, but he's not someone we should take or that we need.

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is just fan rubbish. It's an 18 team comp, not a two team one. If Maginness is number 1 on their prioritised list when their pick comes around they will take him. Otherwise they will take the player who is. No one goes into the draft looking to screw over another team at the expense of their own outcomes. Even Dodoro. He's made enough enemies in the trading period without worsening relationships with other teams through the draft as well.
Yeah I know it is. I find it more funny than anything

Brishawk

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One thing I haven't read about him is that he has after burners in the soles of his shoes.
That's what I want, an all day jet.
He is quick. Not sure exactly how quick but seems to move very quickly but still within himself. Probably needs greater endurance at this stage but he was bottom age this year so a heap of time to develop even before he gets to afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roger Rogerson

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Malvern East
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Pass for us.

Chad are your comments based off watching the highlights or have you seen him play live?

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Please not another in between sized played.

We have had a lot of middle sized players on our list in recent years and i do not see a need for Gould. Brilliant kick but he is undersized as a KPD and doesn't have the elite speed of a rebounding half back. Can never have too many good kicks but i am not wanting to use pick 11 on that.

Top Bottom