Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This ash kid looks like a type we need.
Someone that takes on players and gets plenty of it.

What we hoped atley would do when moved down back

Saad type Snake_Baker
As I've previously posted, Ash is the player we desperately need off the Half back line.

As I've previously posted, Ash is the player we desperately need off the Half back line.

I'm on this bandwagon, and also on the secondary bandwagon that sees Ky Pickett hit us with a second rounder.

This ash kid looks like a type we need.
Someone that takes on players and gets plenty of it.

What we hoped atley would do when moved down back

Saad type Snake_Baker
Yeah looks really good. Robertson is the one I really like though. Natural born leader good skills and just racks up getting the ball and generally uses it well.

Where were they projected to go in the draft

Robertson 8-20 but I’m tipping he’ll rise up considering he has been one of the best players in the champs.

Garcia 15-40. Hard to get a real gauge on him, played well during the champs but has only been performing admirably at league level in the WAFL

South Australia defeat WA at OptusSaturday, June 15, 2019 - 2:11 PM
1xzblqy942xp_250.jpg

In slippery conditions South Australia defeated Western Australia by 11-points, at Optus Stadium.
South Australia was more accurate in front of goal than WA, which proved to be the difference in the result.
Luke Jackson tried hard for Western Australia with 14 possessions, 35 hit-outs, five clearances, three tackles, and two marks.

WA BEST: L. Jackson, Robertson, Garcia, Ruscoe, Johnson, McDonald

WA GOALS: 1: Garcia, Sharp, Taylor, Thorne

SA BEST Hilder, Mead, Edwards, Finlay, Morris, McNeil

SA GOALS: 2: Tahney, 1: Durdin, Mead, Park, Pickett, Tucker

I happened to be at the Bendat Basketball Centre about 18 months ago when Luke was training with the WA Metro Basketball team.

His group were doing some 2v2 drills when Luke’s team mate missed a shot and out of nowhere Luke skied for the rebound and then in a split second he went straight back up and two hand stuffed it on the other 3 players (including his team mate). I was like..

Seriously good basketballer (NBA touted) but they reckon he could be even better footballer - super, super athletic.
Should be able play anywhere.

Get him North!

I happened to be at the Bendat Basketball Centre about 18 months ago when Luke was training with the WA Metro Basketball team.

His group were doing some 2v2 drills when Luke’s team mate missed a shot and out of nowhere Luke skied for the rebound and then in a split second he went straight back up and two hand stuffed it on the other 3 players (including his team mate). I was like..

Seriously good basketballer (NBA touted) but they reckon he could be even better footballer - super, super athletic.

Get him North!

Nice Weird Al shoutout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get him North!

I’m not sure he ends up being a ruckman at AFL level. He is only 198cm. Not many sub 200 genuine rucks going around anymore.

I’m not sure he ends up being a ruckman at AFL level. He is only 198cm. Not many sub 200 genuine rucks going around anymore.
True but this kid is that athletic he could play CHB, CHF, wing, FF, FB.

Looks like he has a bit of campaigner in him too.

Could be our version of the Swiss Army Knife. His nickname will be SAK.

True but this kid is that athletic he could play CHB, CHF, wing, FF, FB.

Looks like he has a bit of campaigner in him too.

Could be our version of the Swiss Army Knife. His nickname will be SAK.

Totally agree about his movement, had a different style of movement but he kind of reminds of Jared Brennan as to how athletic he is

No highly rated ruck has barely been taken in the first 20 picks in the last few years, no matter how good.

They are on the nose with clubs.

We took Hale and McIntosh with very high draft picks....unfortunately neither fulfilled their high selection while playing with us.

Kemp is probably the most interesting player in this draft.

There's not to many 193cm midfielders with power and speed like he has.

He literally could be the next Cripps/Dangerfield/Bont type.

Been played off of half back for most of the champs, close to BOG when played midfield today.

He's top 5 for sure, but probably not top 2.

Young and Kemp is a hell of a consultation prize for whoever has picks 3,4,5.

Then there's Ash and Serong.

I think it's a really strong first 5-6 players.

Rowell and Anderson have definitely been brought back to the pack in these champs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back