Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash is better than McGrath and McGrath went #1.

Is Serong even out there? I know he's being tagged, but feels nowhere near it.

Kemp is interesting. I think he looks more a natural fwd, but not a one-grabber. Is he too much of a utility? At 6-4, worth trying to mold. Excellent kick at goal.

Not sure about Young. Always worried about these types at under-age level. Is he a Hurley or is he a Marchbank? Beautiful raking left foot kick.

As usual, WA have lots of talented flanker types. Henry obviously goes to Freo, Taylor looks good, while Pena (sp?) might be the best of them for his ability to play midfield or even half-back.

Last edited:

Links to all available replays Via GUMBLETRON on the drafts board:

R2a:

Vic Metro v Vic Country:

R1:

WA v Vic Metro:

Allies v Vic Country:

R2b:
WA v SA:

R3:
Allies v WA:

SA v Vic Metro:

R4:
Vic Metro v Allies:

Vic Country v SA:

R5:
Vic Country v WA:

SA v Allies:

C.Durdin related to Sam?

I'll hopefully be watching the previous carnival games over the weekend, so will give my thoughts once I've seen them.

So Corey Durdin is the brother of Sam Durdin. Just confirmed on the telecast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe but Robertson will probably still be around at our pick. I can imagine he displaces any of the guys out of the top 6.

Yep, as I said, very strong, even top 10.

D-ioxKLU4AADOjX.jpg:large

Yep, as I said, very strong, even top 10.

I’ve only watched a small sample size but I’d nearly argue it extends out to 15.

1. Anderson
2. Rowell
3. Young
4. Kemp
5. Ash
6. Green
7. Williams
8. Robertson
9. Serong
10. Flanders
11. Gould
12. McAsey
13. Stephens
14. Bianco
15. Sharp

Lots of talent. Could throw a blanket over the next lot 15-30, they’ll be hard to seperate!

One thing that has stood out to me in this carnival is how many of these kids are quite mature physically. A few solid kids amongst them.

That’s more of a rolling mock than my own personal rankings but yeah would hope North was happy with that outcome
Appreciate it mate. Loving the picks you had us down for, whether Ash/Kozi or Stephens/Kozi, both great choices for our club. Keep up the great work you do.

Last edited:
2019 MVP winners

Caleb Serong - Vic Country MVP
Deven Robertson - WA MVP
Harry Schoenberg -SA MVP
Tom Green -Allies MVP
Fischer McAsey - Vic Metro MVP

That’s more of a rolling mock than my own personal rankings but yeah would hope North was happy with that outcome

I needed a tissue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back