Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

You're showing your inexperience Black. You don't reckon the boys would be embarrassed being subjected to that?

You do realise that players do all kinds of things in their club colours? Lunch out, groceries, get petrol etc etc. At worst it was a slightly awkward thing that lasted 45 minutes. At best they actually learnt something, the fans got another look at the new players, and the bonded.

How embarrassing for the boys to have to go to a supermarket in their club issue gear.

don't know if it's your own insecurity coming out? I'd be pretty chuffed to be in north gear whilst out and about.

you can never know enough about diet and it's constantly changing. good to see they have access to a dietitian straight out the gate. get the basics down and then experiment on what works for you individually.

Not at all.
don't know if it's your own insecurity coming out? I'd be pretty chuffed to be in north gear whilst out and about.

you can never know enough about diet and it's constantly changing. good to see they have access to a dietitian straight out the gate. get the basics down and then experiment on what works for you individually.
Ha ha

How embarrassing for the boys to have to go to a supermarket in their club issue gear.

I think you'd find given it's their first week as AFL players, their first official outing as players, they'd be pretty ******* chuffed that the general public probably now recognise them as AFL players in their own right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey. The dietician was hardly pointing at the entrance and saying "say it with meee... su-per-mar-ket".

The grabs on camera in isolation might look a touch patronising but it's hardly a stretch to imagine many 17-18yos have never planned out the weekly shopping let alone made intelligent grocery decisions en route to preparing their own meals.

I'm glad the club is putting the time into basics like this.

And if the lads find being in public in club gear humiliating, I'm sure there are a myriad of less lucrative pursuits an 18yo can get involved in instead.

Crikey. The dietician was hardly pointing at the entrance and saying "say it with meee... su-per-mar-ket".

The grabs on camera in isolation might look a touch patronising but it's hardly a stretch to imagine many 17-18yos have never planned out the weekly shopping let alone made intelligent grocery decisions en route to preparing their own meals.

And if the lads find being in public in club gear humiliating, I'm sure there are a myriad of less lucrative pursuits an 18yo can get involved in instead.

It's just website filler, nothing more.

It makes more sense than getting the boys to invest in timeshares or whatever Brad was doing ...

View attachment 789505

Not sure if this has already been posted. Not sure what surprises me more, us being 6th, Dogs being second or Brisbane being 11th...

I suspect that it would mostly surprise the resident folks who believed our list was s**t house and that we had to immediately acquire 9 x 1st round draft picks.

View attachment 789505

Not sure if this has already been posted. Not sure what surprises me more, us being 6th, Dogs being second or Brisbane being 11th...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not surprised
Brisbane will do a Melbourne 2019. They have a 2 man forward line of hipwood and Charlie. They gave away their second best KPD in favour of Marcus Adams

Dogs list is young and exciting their midfield is imo the best in the comp and now have the KPP talent also

And our list being 6th best is probably how I see it also. Would be a massive failure if this group doesn’t make the 8 next year

Not surprised
Brisbane will do a Melbourne 2019. They have a 2 man forward line of hipwood and Charlie. They gave away their second best KPD in favour of Marcus Adams

Dogs list is young and exciting their midfield is imo the best in the comp and now have the KPP talent also

And our list being 6th best is probably how I see it also. Would be a massive failure if this group doesn’t make the 8 next year
You may well be right.
But Brisbane is hard to beat at home, and even if they drop off away, should still make the finals based on winning about 8 home games and 4-5 away ones at a minimum. Their forward line was underwhelming on paper in 2019 as well, yet their midfield dominance generally were teams down.

As for Dogs, I just don't rate them. They can have a blistering quarter or two at times, but when the squeeze is applied, as it was in the elimination final, they fall away badly. I expect the same to continue.

As for us, too many unknowns. Most of us thought the list was much better than given the credit going into this season, however our terrible start was attributed to Scott and game plan issues. I suspect it may have been deeper than just that. Now with Shaw and the entire footy department cleanout it's just too hard to know what to expect. We could have a blinder and push for top 4, as I believe our best 26 is good enough to do so under the right coaching, or we could have a few close losses early and fall apart from there. Who knows...

FWIW, I reckon the list is a pretty good assessment.

The Bulldogs should probably be around 5th, and you can throw a blanket over the remaining 4 in the top 5.

Brisbane & Port have claims over Geelong who MUST start to wane around now, even with their significant home ground advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back