Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Pickett but isn’t this Randall more an inside mid... which prob have enough of for now until we sort out and clean out...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

An inside mid with high level endurance.

Something we don’t have.

Do we think we are no longer interested in Murray and or Walker... or are we seeing who we get in the draft and then push ahead with one post then. Ie if get a Gould maybe don’t need walker but still get murray... or if get bianco then we get walker and maybe not Murray

I don’t understand the too many inside midfielder line.

Cunnington, Ziebell and Higgins are well into the second halves of their careers.

We finished:

15th for clearances
17th for tackles
17th for stoppage clearances

If we are chock full of great inside midfielders they are hopeless in their roles currently.

5.5 clearances a game (Rantall) would have him well clear as second only to Cunnington last year if that translated to AFL level.

Cunnington, Ziebell and Higgins are well into the second halves of their careers.

We finished:

15th for clearances
17th for tackles

If we are chock full of great inside midfielders they are hopeless in their roles currently.

5.5 clearances a game (Rantall) would have him well clear as second only to Cunnington last year if that translated to AFL level.

We have one great pure inside mid, who is easily nullified due to his lack of physical ability.

LDU/Simpkin will get there, but they’re not there year.

We finished:

15th for clearances
17th for tackles

Agree I don’t think Higgins or ziebel should be in there... but still without them there is LDU, Bonar, Anderson maybe Thomas plays more in there plus Tyson and Hall who neither played really last year

Hamish Brayshaw delisted by WC I would have no hesitation in picking him
up. Brady was big wraps on him at the end of his first season with WC. Was very consistent in the WAFL this year
1573534547518.png

Tackling machine too. Not sure we would bother though, had a few limitations cited at draft time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 778082

Tackling machine too. Not sure we would bother though, had a few limitations cited at draft time.

A few WAFL watchers I know said he had improved considerably over the last 2 years. Would’ve played senior footy this year if it wasn’t for west coast’s depth.

We need midfield depth. I’d be happy if took him late.

A few WAFL watchers I know said he had improved considerably over the last 2 years. Would’ve played senior footy this year if it wasn’t for west coast’s depth.

Only have three spots can’t waste them unless he takes the rookie

We finished:

15th for clearances
17th for tackles

They all have great positives (Ziebs at the back of that bus in regards to midfield ability), but they share so many deficiencies. Effective two way running simply doesn't exist, and they are all a bit too 'see ball get ball'. You just can't run the three of them in the centre together. I'd argue even running two of them might be bad.

The argument we should avoid high quality inside mids if they fall to our draft position is such a furphy.

They all have great positives (Ziebs at the back of that bus in regards to midfield ability), but they share so many deficiencies. Effective two way running simply doesn't exist, and they are all a bit too 'see ball get ball'. You just can't run the three of them in the centre together. I'd argue even running two of them might be bad.

The argument we should avoid high quality inside mids if they fall to our draft position is such a furphy.

Agree cunners in there alone with newbies from our list if that doesn’t work we recruit next year

Their depth wasn't the best in the latter parts of the season and if they thought he was good enough they would have kept him.

They’ve said they’ll take him in the rookie draft if he is still there.

They must think there will be some absolute gems at 32, 50, 53 and 68 in this years draft.

1. Genuine two way running mids
2. Small Forward
3. Key Defender
4. Developing Ruck
Distributing Half Back.

Ideally what we don’t want is half forwards or mids that can’t find the football.

Gday mate and thanks for the feedback.
I endeavoured to follow it as best i could and pretty happy with the outcome.
Here is who i selected for North.

Pick 27. Jay Rantall
Hard running midfielder.

Pick 28. Elijah Taylor
Highly talented forward.

Pick 48. Karl Finlay
SA’s premier KPD.

Pick 50. Charlie Comben
Highly rated ruckman/forward.

Good luck to North in the real thing 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back