Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The three I would like at our first. If we can get another early pick, I'd take Kemp as well. Add Elijah Taylor with any other early picks.

4. CALEB SERONG
178cm, 83kg, forward/midfielder, Vic Country/Gippsland Power

Vic Country’s co-captain at the carnival surely stood out to AFL recruiters with his impressive and consistent performances as a powerful small forward/midfielder who can influence games in a number of ways. The talented cricketer is sharp at ground level, neat by foot and is able to set-up teammates with his clever ball use. He’s also very clever around goal where he uses his uncanny goal sense, and when he has time in the midfield, his burst of speed is really exciting. I’m sure he’ll be an in-demand player in this year’s draft.

5. DYLAN STEPHENS
183cm, 69kg, midfielder, South Australia/Norwood

A big engine coupled with pace and a precise left foot will make Stephens one of the most talented and sought-after midfielders in this year’s draft. Stephens, who grew up in country Victoria before moving to South Australia for school, has already played for Norwood at senior level in the SANFL this season, while his U18 carnival form was consistent. He does look like a very nice midfielder-in-the-making, with his attributes to find plenty of admirers amongst AFL recruiters. He should be a top-30 selection.

6. LACHLAN ASH
186cm, 80kg, defender, Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers

Ash brings real speed to this year’s draft. He’s an exciting line-breaker off halfback who likes to put the ball under his arm and take the game on, but the best part is he doesn’t just and run blindly — he’s composed with the ball. Ash has played senior footy at country level and won a country premiership with Shepparton last year and he finished second in the Murray Bushrangers’ best-and-fairest as an underage player

Having watched a few more games of the champs now, it would be pretty appealing for us to go after Deven Robertson especially if there is no Ash/Young/Serong available. He is a beauty, cracks in hard, balanced and has good vision.

Inside/outside midfielder that does everything very well, he probably just doesn't have a stand out physical feature.

Mcasey and Ash would be great gets for us need to get another early 1st rounder Stephens would also be great get.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope Jake Riccardi from Werribee is still on our radar. We were looking at him

Kicked 6.2 today and is 2 goals behind Lisle in the Liston. Is young and has lots of upside to come.

If Brown or Larkey were to go down we are very light on for Key Forwards.
Xerri would probably disagree but still I like "Breezer" as a prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Jake Riccardi from Werribee is still on our radar. We were looking at him

Kicked 6.2 today and is 2 goals behind Lisle in the Liston. Is young and has lots of upside to come.

If Brown or Larkey were to go down we are very light on for Key Forwards.

Don’t get me started on this, he should already be on our list.

Luke Jackson 198cm 94kg - ruck - i really dislike ruckmen, because most of them are tap machines who do little else, the only ruckmen i like are the ones who affect clearances, take contested marks around the ground and have good disposal as well as goal kicking abilities and are athletic in some capacity, L.Jackson has everything(goal kicking unsure) which is rare and he can tap ruck, so therefore i rate him highly, draft range 6-20

9 goals in the last 10 games
I can guarantee, this kid is a gun.

I can guarantee, this kid is a gun.
The world will get to see this first hand very soon Waus, he could be the best potential in this draft.

At 6’6 he would be a perfect modern day CHB.
Has excellent core strength for 1v1 defending and his athleticism will allow him to float in front of the pack McGovern style.

Lifted massively in the U18’s final, especially in the last 5 mins when the game was there to be won.
Has Norm Smith medalist written all over him.

He has a pretty solid build already. Won’t take long until he is AFL ready.

I think he’ll end up being a 2nd ruck ruck/CHF. He’s got that Jarred Brennan like freakish athleticism.

We have that covered (Larkey/Brown/Daw) and Xerri as the project.

The world will get to see this first hand very soon Waus, he could be the best potential in this draft.

At 6’6 he would be a perfect modern day CHB.
Has excellent core strength for 1v1 defending and his athleticism will allow him to float in front of the pack McGovern style.

Lifted massively in the U18’s final, especially in the last 5 mins when the game was there to be won.
Has Norm Smith medalist written all over him.

You just know the weagles will land him

After watching a few more of the championship games over the weekend here are a couple of lesser discussed players that should come into our 2nd pick calculations:

Harry Schoenberg - won the SA MVP has a bit of explosiveness around the stoppages. Had no worries finding the footy, good vision and movement.

Jeremy Sharp - half back that seems to have fallen down the pecking order a bit. Arguably best kick in the draft. Has a crack when it’s his turn. His ability to think his way through traffic is unreal. Good accountability but would would probably struggle on those really evasive small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back