Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
STATE COMBINE RESULTS
See the best results from the 2019 Rookie Me State Combine, with a number of Hard Yakka / Totally Workwear VFL players featuring.

STANDING VERTICAL JUMP
Andrew Courtney (Sandringham Dragons): 81cm
Joel Ottavi (Williamstown): 79cm
Ayce Taylor (Northern Knights): 78cm
Alex Cincotta (Geelong VFL): 77cm
Nigel Lockyer (NT Thunder): 76cm

Best at National Combine: Miles Bergman (Sandringham Dragons) 77cm

Combine record (89cm): Jordan Gallucci (ex-Eastern Ranges) in 2016 and Aiden Bonar (ex-Dandenong Stingrays) in 2017

RUNNING VERTICAL JUMP
Jeremy O’Sullivan (Calder Cannons): 96cm
Andrew Courtney (Sandringham Dragons): 94cm
Jake Riccardi (Werribee): 92cm
Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong Stingrays): 92cm
Brodie Newman (Calder Cannons): 92cm
Nathan Stewart (Calder Cannons): 92cm

Best at National Combine: Brady Rowles (Bendigo Pioneers) 98cm

Combine record (103cm): Kyron Hayden in 2017

20-METRE SPRINT
Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong Stingrays): 2.855
Ryan Gardner (Northern Knights): 2.927
Lachlan Gawel (Eastern Ranges): 2.929
Sam Lowson (Coburg): 2.930
Nigel Lockyer (NT Thunder): 2.933
Kaden Schreiber (Oakleigh Chargers): 2.934
Blake Kuipers (Dandenong Stingrays): 2.939

Best at National Combine: Sam Philp (Northern Knights) 2.867 seconds

Combine record (2.75 seconds): Joel Wilkinson in 2010

AGILITY TEST
Bior Malual (Werribee): 8.018
Louis Pinnuck (Werribee): 8.069
Toby Mahony (GWV Rebels): 8.084
Ben Jungfer (NT): 8.140
Sam Durham (Murray Bushrangers): 8.171

Best at National Combine: Hayden Young (Dandenong Stingrays): 7.940 seconds

Combine record (7.77 seconds): Stephen Hill in 2008

YO-YO TEST
Bior Malual (Werribee): 21.8
Ben Worme (Bendigo Pioneers): 21.6
Zak Pretty (Eastern Ranges): 21.5
Kieren Parnell (NT): 21.5
Jared Dakin (Tasmania Devils): 21.3
Frank Anderson (Northern Blues): 21.3
Harry Loughnan (Sandringham Dragons): 21.3
Corey Watts (Sandringham Dragons): 21.3
Blake Kuipers (Dandenong Stingrays): 21.3

Best at National Combine: Jay Rantall (GWV Rebels) level 21.8

Combine record (level 22.4): Andrew Brayshaw (ex-Sandringham Dragons) in 2017

Yeah mate, can any of them get the pill, execute adequate disposal and have some footy smarts?

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Combine success for dashing Sharp

If there was ever a time to produce your best performance on the track, the AFL National Combine would be that moment. For Jeremy Sharp, that performance has been three years in the making.
The East Fremantle wingman’s stellar year continued this week in Melbourne for the National Combine, showing both pace and endurance to impress AFL recruiters once again on the big stage.
Sharp produced a rapid 2.97 second 20-metre sprint, before showcasing his stamina with a 21.3 in the Yo Yo Test, missing out on the winning level by 0.5.
“The ability to run has always been one of my key strengths,” Sharp said. “I probably didn’t think I would do as well in the 20-metre sprint, but I always thought I had could have a pretty good crack at the 2km.”
“I was really stoked to be honest with my testing results. Finished the year really early due to not making Finals really gave me an opportunity to get fit and work on my game.”
The two-time All-Australian has seen plenty of highs in 2019 including a debut in the East Fremantle League side, before playing a pivotal role in WA’s first U18s title in 10 seasons.

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
Would be pretty happy with those two picks if it ended that way

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

would’ve thought Rantall would have been higher than that considering his combine. Always good write ups from that mob however

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
would’ve thought Rantall would have been higher than that considering his combine. Always good write ups from that mob however
You can ask the author why he omitted Rantall, he has his own thread in the phantom draft board.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You seem to love Rantall.

Are you his dad?

Nah, just like what I’ve seen from the kid in the 2-3 games I’ve seen him play. I just don’t get why some of the most natural and smart footballers aren’t rated a little higher (Rantall, Robertson & Schoenberg...and to a lesser extent Ryan Byrnes).

All these kids have a good footy IQ and nous which is something that can’t be tested but is incredibly valuable.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, juSt like what I’ve seen from the kid in the 2-3 games I’ve seen him play. I just don’t get why some of the most natural and smart footballers aren’t rated a little higher (Rantall, Robertson & Schoenberg...and time a R lesser extent Ryan Byrnes).

All these kids have a good footy IQ and nous which is something that can’t be tested but is incredibly valuable.

👍 Maybe it's because he didn't play footy in his underage year.

He's from down my way and I know his old man. I've only seen him play once live and that was in a local U16s Grand Final, it was boys against men. Think he kicked 5, just streaming out of the middle from centre bounces.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
👍 Maybe it's because he didn't play footy in his underage year.

He's from down my way and I know his old man. I've only seen him play once live and that was in a local U16s Grand Final, it was boys against men. Think he kicked 5, just streaming out of the middle from centre bounces.

Perhaps, but even still he has played a fair bit of junior footy and been involved with elite basketball programs.

I didn't realise he'd played senior footy down the coast! That's good to know he stands up against the men...it's a good standard of footy down there!

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Perhaps, but even still he has played a fair bit of junior footy and been involved with elite basketball programs.

I didn't realise he'd played senior footy down the coast! That's good to know he stands up against the men...it's a good standard of footy down there!

Sorry, i didn't word my post correctly.

He didn't play senios, he just looked like a man against the rest of the kids in the U16s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He didn't play senios, he just looked like a man against the rest of the kids in the U16s

Roger that! That was probably my fault not reading it correctly.

Even still, just goes to show he has been a good footballer for at least a few years and this season hasn't just been a flash in the pan!

Are you saying he's a bit of a man child at the moment? Are others his age likely to catch up as they mature?

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you saying he's a bit of a man child at the moment? Are others his age likely to catch up as they mature?

This was when he was 2 years ago.

He was bigger, stronger, faster than the rest. Keep in mind he was going through the Australian junior basketball pathways at the time, so had access to training etc and the standard of footy he was playing wasnt that flash.

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In my novice opinion, the most impressive footage of the draft prospects I’ve seen this year, comes from Brodie Kemp. Would pick 9 be too high to take him? I know he’s had an ACL injury and will take time off to recover next season but he could be the pick of the crop.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In my novice opinion, the most impressive footage of the draft prospects I’ve seen this year, comes from Brodie Kemp. Would pick 9 be too high to take him? I know he’s had an ACL injury and will take time off to recover next season but he could be the pick of the crop.
We should take him if he's still on the board, especially if Ash is gone.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back