Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He almost sounds like a Scooter replacement in what I’ve read up on.

On another note, remember the time that we thought O’Neill was NGA for about 5 mins?
That was my first impression, but then I read about his height and his weaknesses so that Scooter comparision quickly dissipated.

If Rantall and Schoenberg we’re still available I wouldn’t be stoked if we took Pickett.

I understand the romance with Pickett but I don’t rate him inside the top 35 prospects.

O’Neil doesn’t really have a point of difference in his game to make him that appealing to me.

Pickett is 170cm and 67 kgs? Those dimensions read like a rookie pick.

Is it the name getting him attention or is it genuine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDPS Post Trade Rolling Mock Draft

post-trade-mock-draft-png.766755

post-trade-mock-draft-p2-png.766756
This is a load of bollocks. Why would GWS burn pick 6 on Green when they can get him as points?

Whoever drew this up seems pretty clueless.

This is a load of bollocks. Why would GWS burn pick 6 on Green when they can get him as points?

Whoever drew this up seems pretty clueless.
Because Sydney and Adelaide will bid for him. That's why GWS is looking at getting Melbourne's pick 3.

Pickett is 170cm and 67 kgs? Those dimensions read like a rookie pick.

Is it the name getting him attention or is it genuine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this from Knightmare:

1571353143361.png

Seems to be seeded around where our picks are at 26/27.

I suspect he'd take a while to get up to scratch at AFL level, but it's a good time to start developing another smaller forward.

Would be surprised if he is not taken between our second (27) and our 3rd (47).

Would be surprised if he is not taken between our second (27) and our 3rd (47).

You reckon he'll drop that far?

I reckon the kid's better than that. He's got tricks. Nice one touch hands too.

You reckon he'll drop that far?

I reckon the kid's better than that. He's got tricks. Nice one touch hands too.

I hope I'm wrong, but small fwds like that aren't usually picked that early as have a fair degree of speculation

He looks great and I hope he has many years in the blue and white, just see a pick for him being between ours

I hope I'm wrong, but small fwds like that aren't usually picked that early as have a fair degree of speculation

He looks great and I hope he has many years in the blue and white, just see a pick for him being between ours

Well, I am referring to a needs basis, and I suppose with our range of picks that's fair enough.

I wouldn't mind us pulling the trigger early on Nick Bryan either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I am referring to a needs basis, and I suppose with our range of picks that's fair enough.

I wouldn't mind us pulling the trigger early on Nick Bryan either.

From needs basis bang on.

Bit behind compared to previous years draft with this one, still looking at what would be available at our pick. Bryan wouldn't be bad

A heap to like in there. Gets front and square, great goal sense, one touch, strong overhead for his size and judging by the second video can do the freakish.

Yep, one touch, good balance AND very quick from hand to foot.

I suspect fitness will hold him back initially. If he can get that right then there's an AFL level player right there.

So many good attributes, height is the only thing, but gee he looks good.

Took a fair mark, but I figure we won't want him jumping with Brown & Larkey anyway.

Just clean and reads the front and centre well. Turner still can't really do that consistently.

Kayne isn't really instructed to play that way.

How often do you see him at the drop?

Not often, it's a little bewildering as our only genuine small forward on AFL gameday.

Well, you're bringing your own mindset about what a small forward should be in to the discussion, whereas that position has greatly shifted in the way it's played in recent times. Modern defence tactics blunted the crumbing, roving goal significantly.

Took a fair mark, but I figure we won't want him jumping with Brown & Larkey anyway.

If we put them in a hole 6 ft deep at FF...? :think:

Hes not a high possession player (most likely will never be) and seems to be the kind of player to play the small fwd role entirely with maybe only thrown further up if he hasn't touched the ball.. will need a couple of years.. plenty to get excited about

Kayne isn't really instructed to play that way.

How often do you see him at the drop?
Funny people calling out Kayne for not doing that last year when he was starting on the wing as an extra and we'd only have Brown, Ziebell and Waite in the forward line during centre bounces. We haven't played someone in LT's role since he departed.

Well, you're bringing your own mindset about what a small forward should be in to the discussion, whereas that position has greatly shifted in the way it's played in recent times. Modern defence tactics blunted the crumbing, roving goal significantly.
Good point, especially as teams use small forwards to block space and avenues of escape in the form defensive zones.

Not necessarily my mindset as a small forward still has to do front and centre work, as well as rove forward half clearances, come off the square and even shut down space/opponents. A small half-forward has the hardest job in modern footy due to their multi-faceted requirements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back