AFL 2019 - AFL Preliminary Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

It's forecast for a fair bit of rain so i'm a big fan of Rich. A couple of times I saw them in the wet they looked unbeatable. Lines blown out a bit too much so i'll leave it be. Struggle to see where Geel's goals come from against Rich. Rohan injured, Dalhaus and Ablett lost some form from earlier in the season, Hawkins out and Friday was literally the 1st time I have seen Ratugolea influence a game.

GWS result went as expected. They probably have a slight talent edge with De Goey out, but i'm hesitant to back them at the MCG so i'll give it a miss. If an upset is likely on the weekend i'd expect it to come from GWS.

I'd be concerned about the Mumford vs Grundy matchup. Stef Martin became real influential at times and I can see Grundy dominating and picking up heaps of free kicks.

On the unders with heavy rain forecast for both matches.

Last edited:
It's forecast for a fair bit of rain so i'm a big fan of Rich. A couple of times I saw them in the wet they looked unbeatable. Lines blown out a bit too much so i'll leave it be. Struggle to see where Geel's goals come from against Rich. Rohan injured, Dalhaus and Ablett lost some form from earlier in the season, Hawkins out and Friday was literally the 1st time I have seen Ratugolea influence a game.

GWS result went as expected. They probably have a slight talent edge with De Goey out, but i'm hesitant to back them at the MCG so i'll give it a miss. If an upset is likely on the weekend i'd expect it to come from GWS.

On the unders with heavy rain forecast for both matches.

Didnt the Cats tear the Tigers a new one when they played earlier in the year in the rain at the G?

From memory didnt Hawkins have a good game against them too? Interesting.

Didnt the Cats tear the Tigers a new one when they played earlier in the year in the rain at the G?

From memory didnt Hawkins have a good game against them too? Interesting.
Hawkins kicked 4 that day so was pretty good. Apart from Ablett I don't see any permanent forward having much influence assuming Grimes goes to Ablett.

After that win Cats went L W L W etc for the rest of the season. Hardly inspiring stuff. Rich on the other hand lost their next game then have won 10 in a row.

Do people think Dangerfield will spend more time forward in the absence of Hawkins?
Not sure they can sacrifice the midfield too much against Richmond . He will definitely go forward its just how much time he spends there , Guthrie has been terrific so this will help . Danger could well be Geelongs Trump card .

I will take the cats at the line to slightly ease any pain of a loss but 17.5 isnt to bad considering the conditions

I will take the cats at the line to slightly ease any pain of a loss but 17.5 isnt to bad considering the conditions

Surely if you are emotionally hedging you just back the Cats H2H

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greene set to play in Prelim Final? Neale's evidence was massive.

giphy.gif

Riley Beveridge
RileyBev

The Giants will be without Toby Greene for their preliminary final this weekend - the AFL Tribunal ignores the evidence of Lachie Neale and upholds his one-match suspension. @AFLcomau
Possibly the most biased tribunal decision ever. The AFL is a laughing stock. No conclusive footage. Greene denying the charge. Neale saying it didn't happen. Last week he's not guilty for something that looked dodgy and this week his suspended for nothing?

Voided already the dogs. Could have at least waited until Thursday night, if it somehow gets successfully appealed I’ll be pissed in more ways than 1

Possibly the most biased tribunal decision ever. The AFL is a laughing stock. No conclusive footage. Greene denying the charge. Neale saying it didn't happen. Last week he's not guilty for something that looked dodgy and this week his suspended for nothing?

A bloke got 8 weeks for eye gouging in the NRL under the same circumstances so this doesn't seem too outrageous - relax mate - your GWS bets were no chance of cashing anyway

Greene said he had been attempting to grab the loose ball , what complete BS lie , Continue to play with fire and you will get burnt.

Toby Greene's last 4 finals matches
2018 EF v SYD - $2,500 fine
2018 SF v COLL - $2,500 fine
2019 EF v WBD - $7,500 fine
2019 SF v BRIS - one week suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back