Game Day 2019 AFL Rookie and PSD Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday all

Once again Wellsy tripped the light fantastic and left the 2019 AFL Draft with more than when he entered it.

What can we see today in the Rookie Draft

All discussion to be had here.

GO Catters

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
We have 2 picks plus Brownless.
One has to be a mature age ruck surely and id like outside speed with the other.

I’d go a ruck and maybe a small backman with the other. Reckon classy outside mids can only be got through the draft. Sharp would have been nice but next years pick 11 was too great a carrot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is more than capable of making his own appalling ruck decisions without any input from Grigg! 🤔😩
In all seriousness though, you can't select players that don't exist. I mean Glenelg used Jesse White in the ruck and they won the flag.

Are there any that would add more than splitting Savrat and Jenkins in the ruck 50/50? There's no point selecting them if they're just going to be a liability

Jeremy Goddard is still on the board.
Ben Kelly as a young ruck i like.
But i think we will go mature age and take a recently delisted ruck like an Archie Smith type maybe.

Are there any that would add more than splitting Savrat and Jenkins in the ruck 50/50? There's no point selecting them if they're just going to be a liability
Blitz and Jenkinsare pinch hitters they cant no 1ruck allyear and Sav doesnt have the endurance for that role yet.

Unless you think Fort can be no1 ruck if Stanley is injured then we have todraft one. 3 proper rucks out of 46 players isnt too many.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I seen highlights of Bryan yesterday he got picked in the 30's so there are no ruckman he had a good right up and had the worst kicking style I have seen since james manson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back