AFL 2019 - AFL Round 16

Who Covers the line this week?


  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
26,828
18,831
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Nope, their form has been great the last month.
Lol ok mate :thumbsu: 7 goals down and being utterly dominated until the Demons ran out of rotations - as I expected the Gawn had zero impact on what would have been a comfortable win except for exceptional cirucmstances.
 

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
26,828
18,831
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Convenient? I said it pre-match. I only just noticed he replied to me.
And you were proven to be unambiguously wrong - thanks for highlighting that again :thumbsu:
 

Robo87

All Australian
Aug 3, 2014
943
681
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Greene 2+ @2.35, 3+ @5.50 b365
Nice one, yes finally a few coming off today after a bad last 2 weeks!
1u sgm - Murphy 20+, Walsh 20+, Brayshaw 20+, Salem 20+, Harmes 20+ @2.37 SB
0.5u sgm - all ags- Mcgovern, hunt, mcdonald, petracca, hannan, weidman @4.50 SB
0.5u combined all aboved sgm - @10.50 sb

1u petracca 2g+ @2 b365
0.5u petracca 3g+ @4.25 b365
0.7u zurhaar 2g+ @3.20 b365
0.3u zurhaar 3g+ @9.50 b365

0.5u parker 2g+ @5 b365
0.2u parker 3g+ @19 b365
Also Edwards -you're on the ''never again'' pile.
 

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JuniorWatch

All Australian
Jun 13, 2016
805
1,064
AFL Club
Essendon
Bookies always ahead of the curve
They've nailed all of their 4 big promos in the last fortnight PB
Pendles 25+, pies win, vs. north. LOSE
Dusty 25+, 1 goa, vs. Saints. LOSE
T. Kelly 25+, cats win vs. Dogs. LOSE
J. Kelly 25+, GWS win vs. Lions. doesn't look good.
 

NonPhixion

All Australian
Mar 27, 2018
839
733
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
I came in on it to because as you say value. However it’s amazing how often the promo special goes down.
Ik what you’re saying, but at the end of the day it holds value. I’d be comfortable taking it 100 times knowing it would be profitable, sometimes you just get on the wrong end of some bad variance, case today.
 

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
85,721
46,575
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
And you were proven to be unambiguously wrong - thanks for highlighting that again
They hit their line didn't they?

Unambiguously wrong lol. They almost won the game and demonstrated that they aren't a rabble as you claimed.
 

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
26,828
18,831
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
They hit their line didn't they?

Unambiguously wrong lol. They almost won the game and demonstrated that they aren't a rabble as you claimed.
Lol - they were 7 goals up before their entire bench was injured - which is about a 1-2% chance of happening in any game. 98% of the time they blow the line out of the ball park - not surprised you can't take the step past basic results orientated thinking though :thumbsu:

Carlton were smashed in the game like the rabble they are and it would have been one of the great daylight robberies in AFL history had they won.
 

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
85,721
46,575
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Lol - they were 7 goals up before their entire bench was injured - which is about a 1-2% chance of happening in any game. 98% of the time they blow the line out of the ball park - not surprised you can't take the step past basic results orientated thinking though :thumbsu:

Carlton were smashed in the game like the rabble they are and it would have been one of the great daylight robberies in AFL history had they won.
So Carlton came back from 30 down to run the game close two weeks in a row purely by coincidence, having done similar against the dogs two weeks prior. Fair enough if you think so, but my comment stands and I made my money so not really fussed.
 

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
26,828
18,831
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
So Carlton came back from 30 down to run the game close two weeks in a row purely by coincidence, having done similar against the dogs two weeks prior. Fair enough if you think so, but my comment stands and I made my money so not really fussed.
As always with you - better to be lucky than be good ;)
 

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
85,721
46,575
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
As always with you - better to be lucky than be good ;)
Is it luck if it's based on past performance that again comes to pass?

Carlton have conserved themselves in games recently - Freo got off to a fast start against them too - and then came home strong. Carlton also had Kreuzer out injured for a period of the game, was that 'unlucky'?

Weird argument from you.
 

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
26,828
18,831
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Is it luck if it's based on past performance that again comes to pass?

Carlton have conserved themselves in games recently - Freo got off to a fast start against them too - and then came home strong. Carlton also had Kreuzer out injured for a period of the game, was that 'unlucky'?

Weird argument from you.
Yes 'conversing ourselves' by letting sides get out to 6-7 goal leads against us and I am the one with a weird argument. If you truly believe that is what happened you are more insane than I thought.



The FACT is that Melbourne dominated the entire game until they ran out of fit players allowing Carlton to come back into it. If they hadn't have had a 1 in 50/100 spate of in game injuries your bet would have lost easily. But well done on winning the lottery yesterday.
 

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
85,721
46,575
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Yes 'conversing ourselves' by letting sides get out to 6-7 goal leads against us and I am the one with a weird argument. If you truly believe that is what happened you are more insane than I thought.



The FACT is that Melbourne dominated the entire game until they ran out of fit players allowing Carlton to come back into it. If they hadn't have had a 1 in 50/100 spate of in game injuries your bet would have lost easily. But well done on winning the lottery yesterday.
So why did Freo lose?

Why did the Dogs get out to big leads then get reeled back in?

Curious now, but beyond that this is such a pointless discussion.

You just come off as a salty punter who lost their bet but are clinging to the misguided belief that their methodology was right.
 
Top Bottom