AFL 2019 - AFL Round 16

Who Covers the line this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So why did Freo lose?

Why did the Dogs get out to big leads then get reeled back in?

Curious now, but beyond that this is such a pointless discussion.

You just come off as a salty punter who lost their bet but are clinging to the misguided belief that their methodology was right.

What bet? :$

in anyway - this whole discussion started because you thought Gawn out was a game/line changing piece of information - turns out it wasn't. Unless not having Gawn was the reason they coughed up a 7 goal lead in just over a quarter - going by your results orientated methodology you probably think it is.

It's not like they are playing decent opposition - late out won't matter.
Odd comment. It's not like Dees are decent.
How is it odd? If they were playing a decent team it may matter - as it is they should be beating a rabble like Carlton Gawn or no Gawn - the out has zero impact on the game.

I see now where your supposed confusion comes from. My contention was never focussed on your comment about Gawn, but the "Decent opposition" component. Hell, I even highlighted that in my reply, and made no mention of Gawn. As you yourself then said, your comment would stand with or without Gawn, which, again, is the issue I took with your comment.

Anyway, the discussion is done. You're posting in a punting thread, so to try to claim you didn't have a bet on to back up your contention - as I did - is rather asinine.

What bet? :$

in anyway - this whole discussion started because you thought Gawn out was a game/line changing piece of information - turns out it wasn't. Unless not having Gawn was the reason they coughed up a 7 goal lead in just over a quarter - going by your results orientated methodology you probably think it is.

Considering how important Gawn is to Melbourne's defensive structure, able to sit behind the play and take contested intercept marks as needed in the other teams inside 50, I'm going to say yes, even with injuries he would have been a big enough difference to keep the margin 'safe' rather than coming down to mad hack kicks like Simpsons turnover.

Saying a top 5 in the comp player has no influence because the other team really sucks is about as insightful as saying teams don't bother to tag the best midfielder in poor teams, i.e. not at all.

Geez 7 goals up and dominating to an extent more than that without him and then suddenly it matters when it all turns to s**t?

L E L

If there is one thing that never changes it is how much punters overreact to a single individual missing a game. No difference here. Especially when you are playing a rabble like Carlton.

Back