AFL 2019 - AFL Round 6

Who Covers the Line This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton beat a bunch of kids last weekend. Surely they get spanked today. Shiels is a big in.

Worpel had only one 30+ game last season. It was against Carlton. Poppy kicked 4 that day.

1U Hawthorn SU, Worpel 25+, Puopolo AGS @ 3.25
1U Hawthorn 25+, Worpel 30+, Puopolo 2+ goals @ 18.25
1U Hawthorn 40+, Worpel 25+, Cripps 30+ @ 10

1u I.Smith ags @1.83 sb (av 0.8g/g)
1u wingard 2g+ @2.60 b365
0.4u wingard 3g+ @6.5 b365
1u McEvoy ags @1.95 lads (ave 1.2g/game)
0.7u McEvoy 2g+ @5 b365
0.2u McEvoy 3g+ @19 b365
1u Puopolo 2g+ @3.15 b365
0.3u Puopolo 3g+ @9.50 b365

Got this feeling Carlton will cause another upset today. Not sold by the Hawks. Taking Carlton at the line for 2u

2U Dom Sheed under 97.5 @ 1.87 - SB.

Fantasy scores have been well down with Gaff back in the team now that he has a more forward-mid role rather than being out on the wing doing as he pleases (0 R50s since Gaff, 9 before Gaff). Hasn't scored over this in his last 3 even in a game where he kicked 3 against Collingwood. Hasn't averaged anything close to 97 historically. I like this one a lot.

2U Dom Sheed under 97.5 @ 1.87 - SB.

Fantasy scores have been well down with Gaff back in the team now that he has a more forward-mid role rather than being out on the wing doing as he pleases (0 R50s since Gaff, 9 before Gaff). Hasn't scored over this in his last 3 even in a game where he kicked 3 against Collingwood. Hasn't averaged anything close to 97 historically. I like this one a lot.
How does the omission of Redden effect him?

How does the omission of Redden effect him?
I see Hutchings playing around the ball more today following around one of Geelong's midfielders and WC have named Venables on the ball who plays a much more similar role to Redden than Sheed. I still think Sheed plays HFF even with Redden out. My view is Redden is inside-outside and Sheed is 100% outside and it's easier to replace Redden with Venables than change the rest of the structure.

not sure how playing in tas will affect the game .. hawks used to it, blues not obviously.
Blues mids will get on top, win stoppage .. but can they handle the conditions?
I feel it will either be close and blues can win, or hawks blow them out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Hutchings playing around the ball more today following around one of Geelong's midfielders and WC have named Venables on the ball who plays a much more similar role to Redden than Sheed. I still think Sheed plays HFF even with Redden out. My view is Redden is inside-outside and Sheed is 100% outside and it's easier to replace Redden with Venables than change the rest of the structure.

Venables plays purely forward basically. Isn't fit enough to replace Reddens role. It looks to me like a restructure.. Sheed to the midfield and Venables forward.

Which is why I've already taken :
Sheed over 25.5 disposals @1.87 (lads)
Sheed 30+ @3.20 (SB)
Sheed over 88.5 DT @1.80 (Pointsbet)

And I also think Hutchings will tag Kelly so:
Kelly under 27.5 disposals @1.96 (Beteasy)

And Sheed > Kelly DT @2.15 (beteasy)

Predicting the tag has been difficult but Kelly seems to be the go too option for Geelong.

Seems a bit of imbalance betweeen the lines.

Geel and Hawks both have big HGA. But WC is arguably a better team than Geel and Carl aren't nearly as good as the Hawks. Yet Hawks are -21.5 and Geel -22.5?

Geel and Carl both coming off good wins and Hawks and WC looking to rebound

Carl been super competitive this year, but Saints had a shocker vs Ade, GC 2 in a row, WB vs Carl and Bris 2. Could see a letdown spot coming off a massive win. Surely a shocker is coming soon?

Middled Carl +30.5 earlier in the week with Hawks -20.5 but put a bit extra on Hawks and a saver on Hawks 10-19. Can't see them winning by less than 10. Be rare for Hawks to lose 3 in a row playing at UTAS vs Carl.

2u Hurn 25+ disposals $1.80 lads
3u Sheed Under 97.5 Fantasy $1.87 SB
2u Sheed over 88.5 fantasy $1.80 PB
2u WCE +23.5 $1.91
0.5u Shepperd most disposals group B (TAB)

Last edited:
Seems a bit of imbalance betweeen the lines.

Geel and Hawks both have big HGA. But WC is arguably a better team than Geel and Carl aren't nearly as good as the Hawks. Yet Hawks are -21.5 and Geel -22.5?

Geel and Carl both coming off good wins and Hawks and WC looking to rebound

Carl been super competitive this year, but Saints had a shocker vs Ade, GC 2 in a row, WB vs Carl and Bris 2. Could see a letdown spot coming off a massive win. Surely a shocker is coming soon?

Middled Carl +30.5 earlier in the week with Hawks -20.5 but put a bit extra on Hawks and a saver on Hawks 10-19. Can't see them winning by less than 10. Be rare for Hawks to lose 3 in a row playing at UTAS vs Carl.
What's happened, Hawks right off

What's happened, Hawks right off
Carl playing with plenty of confidence. Hawks flat after Queen's Birthday game?

Very rare Clarko's teams lose 3 in a row. Getting smashed in clearances and contested possessions. JOM been amazing, but the rest of the midfield terrible.

Carl playing with plenty of confidence. Hawks flat after Queen's Birthday game?

Very rare Clarko's teams lose 3 in a row. Getting smashed in clearances and contested possessions. JOM been amazing, but the rest of the midfield terrible.
Coming back a bit. Happy for you to win as long as Carlton cover line!

Back