List Mgmt. 2019 AFLW Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

StMiles1

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
The draft is underway and I'm not the greatest expert but apparently our first pick is a steal.

Pick 5: Georgia Patrikios (Calder Cannons)
Pick 24: Rosie Dillon (Box Hill)
Pick 27: Nicola Xenos (Oakleigh Chargers)
Pick 30: Tarni White (Coorparoo)
Pick 33: Tamara Luke (Hawthorn VFLW)

Look forward to seeing them in the best colours in the league next year.

I will say, had this open whilst at work since it started on my lunch break.

Was entirely odd to see Burkey in a Dogs jumper, and of note, we passed on our last pick of 63 as well.

From Fox Footy:

ST KILDA

Who they got:
Georgia Patrikios (Pick 5), Rosie Dillon (Pick 24), Nicola Xenos (Pick 27), Tarni White (Pick 30), Tamara Luke (Pick 33), Hannah Priest (Pick 41)

Analysis: The Patrick Hill influence has already shone through at the Saints. The former Hawthorn VFLW coach would have undoubtedly played a big role in securing 2019 Hawks VFLW best and fairest Rosie Dillon as well as captain Tamara Luke. Dillon will provide a strong presence in the midfield alongside multiple All-Australian Georgia Patrikios, while Tamara Luke will provide a big presence up forward and can help out Rhiannon Watt in the ruck. Nicola Xenos starred for Collingwood’s VFLW side this year and ultimately played in a premiership, meaning she can bring finals experience to the side.

Grade: A+

Looks like we had a very solid draft! A lot of young leaders in there, and judging by our VFLW form this year I'd say we will field a very competitive side in our first year in the AFLW.

I've created the player threads for the girls who were selected today.

Building nicely!

Looks like we had a very solid draft! A lot of young leaders in there, and judging by our VFLW form this year I'd say we will field a very competitive side in our first year in the AFLW.

I've created the player threads for the girls who were selected today.

Building nicely!
I'VE got a great feeling about the SAINTS and the winning tradition they can build in the AFLW. Its really exciting watching a team begin to coalesce. The sparkle in their eyes with a brand new slate and what they can do with it. I love the history of our SAINTS in the mens. The struggle over 140 years , the single premiership, and the desperate search for the next glory,. BUT here with the girls a brand new chapter...i've got a feeling we are going to be prolific cup winners . IT is truly a great thing in the making.....cant wait to see how they go!!! GO SAINTS GO GIRLS!!!

Georgia Patrikios is a silky winger who can also play on the inside of packs and will add some class to the Saints' inaugural line-up.

Small midfielder Rosie Dillon and aggressive forward/ruck Tamara Luke will join former Hawthorn VFLW coach and new AFLW assistant Paddy Hill at Moorabbin. The pair have been passed over in several drafts, with Dillon in particular working hard on her fitness this year.

Queenslander and mid-sized utility Tarni White missed last year with a torn ACL but is a proven performer on the big stage, having been named best on in the 2018 QAFLW Grand Final as a 17-year-old.

Nicola Xenos is a speedy midfielder with a strong run-and-carry game, while South Australian Hannah Priest is a versatile onballer who originally hails from Bendigo.

Luke looks like a Unit, and Dillon is a small inside midfielder with lots of grunt, think they're the two I'll be keeping an eye out for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back