Competitions 2019 AFLW Player Sponsors - Final Competitions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello friends,

Here we have our final competitions for the AFLW Player Sponsorship group.

Up for grabs are;
  • 1x ticket to the AFLW Best and Fairest dinner which is on Friday April 5 from 7pm-11pm in the Melbourne CBD
  • 1x 2019 team signed guernsey
  • 2x 3 game NMFC memberships

You all know the deal - reply to this thread if you'd like your name in the draw!

If you can't attend the best and fairest dinner but still want to be in the other draws, make sure you specify that in your reply!

Thanks, and good luck! Names drawn early next week, seeing as this AFLW cohort is much smaller than our other one :)

I'm in for the memberships and the guernsey, but I'll be out of the state on April 5th so not in the draw for the best and fairest.

In for the jumper and the B&F. Can we purchase an extra ticket in the event we win?

Oooh that's a good question. I'll find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay winners! Congratulations!

Going to the AFLW NMFC Best and Fairest - Luke72 !
Only three people entered so I literally rolled a dice for this one. Luke72 was 1-2 Horace was 3-4. 5 GB USB was 5-6. Roll was a 1. Congrats Luke :)

Getting the 2x 3 game memberships - 5 GB USB !
Well done mate - i'll be in touch :)

Getting the AFLW NMFC signed guernsey - Tas !
As per this wheel draw here, Tas won the guernsey by what appears to be 0.01mm.

Thanks to everyone for getting on board for the first ever AFLW player sponsorship.

We'll be back next year to win the flag*

*If the AFL gets rid of the stupid broken conference system

I went to the B&F last night and it was a great experience. It’s a lot smaller than similar men’s events I’ve attended and it works in its favour.

Thanks Chadwiko for organising it again, your efforts are greatly appreciated. Some things from the evening in no particular order...

The girls are gorgeous and scrub up really well to the point it was hard to recognise a few at first.

Jamie Stanton has a tough decision to make as to whether she stays or goes back to the Gold Coast where all her family are. She seemed undecided but had to have an answer pretty quickly. She is really nice and friendly and seemed genuinely torn. Kashy who lives with her is trying her best to get her to stay.

Jenna Bruton I spoke to before the count. She didn’t think she would be much chance, she was clearly wrong!

Ash Riddell said she was 50/50 for the Freo game. I wish they had gone with her. Would 100% have played the week after so was disappointed they lost but is dying for next year to start.

Emma Kearney was really nice. Her speech was hilarious and she took a couple of swings at the Doggies in good nature. She obviously loves the club and all the work they put in before the AFLW was even a thing.

Brit Gibson was great. She is living the dream pulling on a North jumper and quite frankly I’m a little bit jealous. She will hopefully move into the midfield next year and be a bigger presence in there.

Funky Carl was very friendly and didn’t mind having a chat. He agreed the start to the season had been pretty awful and a bit of a shock. The Arden St redevelopment plans are still working their way through government and may have to have some changes as its complicated with multiple lease holders who sense an opportunity to cash in but it’s still all on the cards.

Dennis Armfield was a nice bloke, BFNAAK. Still reckons he has a soft spot for Carlton in the men’s comp. I put it to him that the team needed a bigger midfielder, a relieving ruck/tall forward and some pace from the back and he said that was pretty much on the mark and what they are looking at for next season.

Elisha King said she is 100% staying with us next year, I’m rapt she was one of the great improvers.

Courtney Munn was having a good time. She lives in Melbourne as do her family so the club pushing the Tassie connection is a bit weird. She was hanging with the Haines twins who are apparently trouble!

I got to meet hsquid which was great too. Overall it was a great experience. I thoroughly recommend anyone who hasn’t already jumps onboard the ladies team, with games at Arden Street next year it will be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back