2019 AFLW Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a boring game. No real x-factor players on the list who always look to take the game on. Give Witherden some hormones and strap him into the team. He'll teach some of those girls to take that risky kick in. No point pissing around in a rolling maul when you are 4 goals down.

Well, that was the lowest score in AFLW history.

4 inside 50s in an entire half is just not on. This list has been destroyed in the off-season by the poaching. Nevertheless, finals is still on the cards.

Well, that was the lowest score in AFLW history.

4 inside 50s in an entire half is just not on. This list has been destroyed in the off-season by the poaching. Nevertheless, finals is still on the cards.
On this performance finals would be a joke. My optimism after last week has just totally evaporated.

Sabrina doesn't look to fit to me.
The contrast between Sabrina and Darby who kicked 3 goals is striking. Sabrina is slow and almost always 2nd to the contest. If she doesn’t mark it, she can only tackle, she rarely wins ground balls. I’d like to see us develop another option up forward, or down back so we can move Lutkins forward. Sadly, I think the game has gone past SFT already.

On this performance finals would be a joke. My optimism after last week has just totally evaporated.
Yeah me too. Such a disappointing game and I don’t know if we’ll do anything in finals even if we make it.

3 scoring shots in an entire AFLW game, with the second half only having 4 inside 50s as I mentioned earlier is just not on.

The contrast between Sabrina and Darby who kicked 3 goals is striking. Sabrina is slow and almost always 2nd to the contest. If she doesn’t mark it, she can only tackle, she rarely wins ground balls. I’d like to see us develop another option up forward, or down back so we can move Lutkins forward. Sadly, I think the game has gone past SFT already.

Sabrina has limitations but is still a key weapon when used well. She was a contested marking machine last week. Wasn't done any favours today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good :(

Still, look on the bright side - we made the AFLW GF 2017, 2018 and that form didn't carry over to our men's team - maybe this is an omen that our men's team will rise :D

Going to be a short highlights video on the Lions website this week

Sabrina doesn't look to fit to me.
I didn't watch the game today but yer, I said the same thing about Sabrina a couple of weeks ago, very one dimensional and looks well over an ideal playing weight to me, 3 years in a semi professional system she should be in better shape IMO.

Early on we looked as though we would break them down however the number of dropped uncontested marks and inability to pick the ball up with one touch below the knees cost us momentum and built pressure. No targets up forward and their defenders easily intercepted poorly delivered bombs onto the wing. Good on them for creating space and having a mobile forward line.

Sabrina has limitations but is still a key weapon when used well. She was a contested marking machine last week. Wasn't done any favours today.
Agreed she marked well last week, but I think she is only a weapon 20 metres out from goal. In my view the speed of the game is increasing and I don’t think she has the mobility to be a key forward. Maybe she can be a third forward for us, but with 16 a side I’m not sure the balance is right with Sabrina as a key target. I hope she can find her mojo in the last 2 games, but I can’t really see it happening.

Massive respect to anyone who went to Burpen*******gary for that.

I would be one of those people, and even though it took ages to get there, even though I was angry and disturbed by the result, I will keep supporting the women's team despite the fact that due to excessive hair pulling and gnashing of teeth, I will be bald and toothless. And insane.

I would be one of those people, and even though it took ages to get there, even though I was angry and disturbed by the result, I will keep supporting the women's team despite the fact that due to excessive hair pulling and gnashing of teeth, I will be bald and toothless. And insane.
Are you having a go at me LM?

Massive respect to anyone who went to Burpen*******gary for that.

Are you having a go at me LM?

You specifically? Nah, Lions supporters in general? Quite possibly.

McCarthy making a sign for her dog after kicking our only goal for the game suns up the day.
She should really concentrate on winning some ball and not just getting easy ones over the back. She got a couple last week, but I am surprised she is getting a game.

There is talent that they arent selecting, we need some more ball users who can actually hit a target and not just hack it forward for it to be interceptes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back