2019 AFLW Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely one we could afford to lose. Looks like Ellenger could offer more in her role. As the standard has risen she has been found out as very one dimensional.
As much as I have liked some of her highlights, I tend to agree. I don't think she is irreplaceable like Anderson, Bates, Lutkins or Frederick-Traub.

I suspect Bella, and fear Dowrick and Clarke are off to the Suns. Be very interesting to see which way Kaslar goes. These are the core of the GC travelling contingent in the squad.

Also I couldn't help but be impressed by Jacqui Yorston on the Roar Deal the other day. Very mature head on young shoulders and feel she is at Brissie for the long haul. Future leadership potential.

Also I couldn't help but be impressed by Jacqui Yorston on the Roar Deal the other day. Very mature head on young shoulders and feel she is at Brissie for the long haul. Future leadership potential.

As much as I have liked some of her highlights, I tend to agree. I don't think she is irreplaceable like Anderson, Bates, Lutkins or Frederick-Traub.

I suspect Bella, and fear Dowrick and Clarke are off to the Suns. Be very interesting to see which way Kaslar goes. These are the core of the GC travelling contingent in the squad.
I'm not sure which way Yorston will go. She nominated Brisbane ahead for Fremantle because she's best mates with Clarke, the two having grown up together in a small WA mining town.

If Clarke heads back to Gold Coast, after coming through their academy, you have to imagine her best friend is a possibility to follow.

I'm not sure which way Yorston will go. She nominated Brisbane ahead for Fremantle because she's best mates with Clarke, the two having grown up together in a small WA mining town.

If Clarke heads back to Gold Coast, after coming through their academy, you have to imagine her best friend is a possibility to follow.
Thats Dowrick.

GWS beat Geelong tonight if Brisbane win on Sunday they will make finals.

Good to see Grider get a game, good ball user, can hit a target... which would be a nice change for this year. Dont know about back pocket for her though, pretty pure mid.

That is a huge result for the girls. All they’ll need to do is win the game against a winless Collingwood side to make finals.

Don’t blow this chance that’s opened!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its clear why Ashmore was poached whilst McCarthy was left to us. McCarthy has speed and thats it. She gets bumped off the ball. She doesn't have the endurance to two way run. She doesnt have the power to break tackles. Ashmore gets out the back just like McCarthy but can also run back to defense and then link a play back up at half forward. Such a loss. Stanton has also been solid for North in getting territory. Gibson has had a mare of a game today but her big body and hoof are missed by our defense. I am glad the suns are coming and forcing us to have a list clean out. I think some of the big names like Zielke and McCarthy are over-rated. Traub needs to improve her fitness so she can get to more contests. We need to give the younger girls more time. They are building their skills quite rapidly. Virgo will be better next year after getting over her knee. Hopefully Conway can come in energised and ready.

The optimist in me says that we we'll win today, and then go on the most unlikely premiership run in the history of western civilisation.

However, please be assured that I am just taking it one match at a time.

It’d be amazing if the girls pulled together a premiership in a year where they were far off of being the best team. Something just irks me that we will lose by that dreaded 6 point margin again at some point

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’d be amazing if the girls pulled together a premiership in a year where they were far off of being the best team. Something just irks me that we will lose by that dreaded 6 point margin again at some point

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not today, they will be pretty fired up for a big game.
But Collingwood has never been the push over they should be for our girls.
I hope they can put it all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back