AFLW 2019 AFLW Sign & Trade Period (8th-18th)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can actually get some kind of draft asset for Lucas-Rodd we should be charged with day light robbery and whoever orchestrated it give em a raise.

Equally, if we don't get ALL of Collingwood's draft assets... Whomever orchestrated it deserves to be fired ;)

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-24/blues-re-sign-21-players

Edit: The list

Carlton Football Club re-signings on April 24, 2019
  • Gabriella Pound – 2 Years
  • Darcy Vescio – 2 Years
  • Kerryn Harrington – 2 Year
  • Nicola Stevens – 2 Years
  • Tayla Harris – 2 Years
  • Maddie Prespakis – 2 Years
  • Jess Hosking – 2 Years
  • Georgia Gee – 2 Years
  • Abbie McKay – 2 Years
  • Chloe Dalton – 1 Year
  • Brooke Walker – 1 Year
  • Katie Loynes – 1 Year
  • Sarah Hosking. – 1 Year
  • Breann Moody – 1 Year
  • Alison Downie – 1 Year
  • Jayde Van Dyk – 1 Year
  • Lauren Brazzale – 1 Year
  • Natalie Plane – 1 Year
  • Jess Edwards – 1 Year
  • Charlotte Wilson – 1 Year
  • Emerson Wood – 1 Year

That's excellent. Well done club for keeping them all.
Guess Bri is going then

If we can actually get some kind of draft asset for Lucas-Rodd we should be charged with day light robbery and whoever orchestrated it give em a raise.
Like a few others Bostonian, iirc Lucas-Rodd played far and away her best game for us in the prelim against the Dockers, and she actually looked okay that day. However, tbh that performance took me completely by surprise, and it was the only game in 2019 where it looked to me as though she was in any way capable at this level. I don’t want to sound too harsh, but in truth I was relieved when her name did not appear on our list of re-signings.

Last edited:
Surprised to see Jess get two years but Sarah only take one... :think:
I'd have thought it would be the other way around.
Me too C2K. Along with Alison Downie, Brooke Walker, and Chloe Dalton, I would have preferred to see Sarah’s name on the 2 year list, rather than the 1 year list - she’s hard as nails and strikes me as a real “heart and soul” player on our list. Still, I’m very happy with pretty much all of the players who we’ve secured for another two years, including Gab Pound (who I believe the Gold Coast were interested in), Georgia Gee (who is a personal favourite of mine, and who I think could be very appealing to other clubs by the end of next season), Tayla Harris (the best contested mark in the comp), Kerryn Harrington (who, along with Gab Pound, I thought was a rock in our defence last season), and of course Maddy Prespakis (an out and out midfield gun). Regarding Maddy, I was really pleased to learn from Harf’s latest interview on the club website that she actually approached the club seeking a 2 year deal, which speaks to her level of commitment to our project. Hopefully we can get blue blood running through Maddy’s veins before * enter the comp at some point in the future, as her ongoing support for them (according to what she said at the AFLW awards night) makes me feel nervous for the future.

That's excellent. Well done club for keeping them all.
Guess Bri is going then
I’m afraid Neese that Harf sounded very fatalistic about Bri in his latest interview on the club website, but naturally he sounded determined to drive the hardest possible bargain with the Pies. The Pies currently have pick 2 in the draft, but I assume we’d be after much more than that for our AFLW award winning captain and dual B&F winner. So disappointing that Bri wants to leave, but what can you do? I wonder who will take on the captaincy for next season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mullane is a big out, will be interesting to see how we replace her in the middle.

Davey obviously a huge loss but we'll get some good assets in return, likely won't have the same immediate impact but will set us up long term.

TLR out is a bonus, she's no good. All heart but zero strength or skill.

Interesting. Is it within AFLW rules that a club can trade a player (with their agreement of course) after they have been re-signed for next season? We don't have anyone left unsigned, do we? Meaning, we won't be offering any other player as part of a deal with Collingwood unless we can trade a signed player. Not that we would anyway, but theoretically.

Interesting. Is it within AFLW rules that a club can trade a player (with their agreement of course) after they have been re-signed for next season? We don't have anyone left unsigned, do we? Meaning, we won't be offering any other player as part of a deal with Collingwood unless we can trade a signed player. Not that we would anyway, but theoretically.

It was reported when the news broke that Bri wanted to go to the Pies that a signed player can be traded, as long as that player agrees to be traded.

I’m afraid Neese that Harf sounded very fatalistic about Bri in his latest interview on the club website, but naturally he sounded determined to drive the hardest possible bargain with the Pies. The Pies currently have pick 2 in the draft, but I assume we’d be after much more than that for our AFLW award winning captain and dual B&F winner. So disappointing that Bri wants to leave, but what can you do? I wonder who will take on the captaincy for next season?
Probably a bit early for Prespakis therefore I would give it to Sarah Hosking & then to Prespakis in a couple of years.

Probably a bit early for Prespakis therefore I would give it to Sarah Hosking & then to Prespakis in a couple of years.
Yeah, I could very comfortably live with that strategy MSR. And perhaps Gab Pound would make a suitable vice captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back