Autopsy 2019 AFLX Discussion Thread (Billings, Membrey, Steele, Gresham playing)

Remove this Banner Ad

well it's boring as * to watch but it might be fun to play. All the super goal gatorade man crap is dumb and annoying. Though i'd be a fan of a big hoop with a net in it in the goals and if you get it in the net you get a lolipop or something CrAzY like that

well it's boring as **** to watch but it might be fun to play. All the super goal gatorade man crap is dumb and annoying. Though i'd be a fan of a big hoop with a net in it in the goals and if you get it in the net you get a lolipop or something CrAzY like that
You could have one of those dunking tanks behind the goals.

GT on one and Purple at the other end.

Kick a goal and hit the bulls eye and kapow... In they go.

I'd pay money to see that.

It needs Duffman. I'd also bring back the goalsquares and make them trampolines. Imagine the speccies! I'd have tunnels under the surface so players could disappear down a hole and pop up unexpectedly elsewhere to surprise an opponent. I'd call it the "wormhole". Then for the second half of the GF, they could flood the arena, Roman Coliseum style and stage the last ten minutes as an epic sea battle. I've got more. Do you want to know? I guess not........

Need to simplify it TBH.

Very ott.

Could catch on but will suffer the same as state of origin regards to when players are available etc.

Problem is that it's a novelty item and not a serious comp like the BBL.
The BBL was supposed to be more novelty but the players sort of turned it more serious

It was ordinary enough even when we had our own team to watch and support in this kick to kick format, but without that, it's just lame. At the very least last year I had the impression they were attempting to create a legitimate alternative format, but this year it's contrived marvel super hero whacky crap with beanbags and super duper lightning bolt names. What a crock of s**t. I'd rather watch my guinea pig toss-off in his hutch.

Better than watching Darren Jarman and Hutchy running round.

most of us gracing the forums are 30+. i feel like its a generic initial position for people our age to hate anything that is new and very confronting. Given how much AFL has changed since most of us remember it in the glory days of the 90s, this initially felt like an additional kick in the teeth and a further step away from what true footy should be.

reflecting on it further throughout the week my hatred subsided and i enjoyed it for what it was.

unfortunately the footy we loved and remembered is long gone.

This is something different, which will attract a certain type of audience. The real concern is why the afl felt they had to roll this out to compete with crickets BBL.

unfortunately one of the things that i ridiculed most about AFLX (the rock paper scissors), was probably the biggest highlight :)

My 13 yo son watched for 10 minutes before declaring it as s**t and going off to play Fortnite. I think it must appeal to 5 year olds.

You could have one of those dunking tanks behind the goals.

GT on one and Purple at the other end.

Kick a goal and hit the bulls eye and kapow... In they go.

I'd pay money to see that.

Better still use GT and the Purple knobs heads as the targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch it but did see a bunch of players dressed in their girlfriend's clothes or whatever and Tim Membrey walks in looking even more like Roger Ramjet or Dudley Dooright in his cowboy hat lol.

Love the fact that one of the reasons that AFL don't like the idea of names on backs of Guernsey's is that without sleeves, long names are hard to write out fully so they encourage the players to use nicknames. Result? Guys with really short names use their dull as s**t LONGER nicknames, like Hodgey and Fyfey, and the dude with the longest name in the AFL uses his double barrel name when everyone else calls him Tippa!

Hey remember when Dad and mum split up and dad moved into that warehouse with that chick in my class and wore Speedos everywhere and sold BMW and bought a hot pink Porsche Boxster ? This reminds me of then.

Not a completely worthless exercise for our players to participate in. Would be a pretty conventional training drill without all the hype, and to get to do that with some of the best players in the league can't hurt. There's also the off chance that some accidental lessons are learned, and perhaps a bit of a gauge on fitness and skill levels at this time of year.

Obviously from a spectator point of view, it was near on unwatchable.

Not a completely worthless exercise for our players to participate in. Would be a pretty conventional training drill without all the hype, and to get to do that with some of the best players in the league can't hurt. There's also the off chance that some accidental lessons are learned, and perhaps a bit of a gauge on fitness and skill levels at this time of year.

Obviously from a spectator point of view, it was near on unwatchable.

To play with the best and look like you belong must be good for confidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back